Welcome To aBlackWeb

OUT NOW Jay Electronica "A Written Testimony" Album Thread

Rate "A Written Testimony"

• Total voters
My guy, Nas simply ain’t black enough for this album. You forget that Gweneth Paltrow incident?
Stfu Jay electronica married a white girl

article-2568763-1B9A3D3B00000578-394_634x1009.jpg

article-2329289-19D27B2C000005DC-579_634x863.jpg

I remember some years back on the IC I proposed that Jay Z make a concept album of sorts with more grounded production rather than chase the pop crowd, this was around MCHG season. I had to argue back and forth with a few posters for like 5 pages. My thing was Jay is a lot more observant than ppl give him credit for, and has a lot to say that gets held back by a lot of factors, including those fans with the mindstate of those posters I debated with. Pretty much everything I said came to fruition after that. First he drops 4:44 after a few loosies of uncharacteristically conscious commentary, now this. Dude pretty much hijacked a highly anticipated album that was delayed for over a decade and did what he wanted. You can't find that kind of irony in a 2020 Trump speech. Loving everything I'm hearing so far, gotta sit down and digest this.

And if y'all this bad after finally getting an album from dude, y'all might as well hang it up on trying to get 3 stacks to drop one now

Y'all picking apart everything which is the reason stacks not gonna drop shit

And if y'all this bad after finally getting an album from dude, y'all might as well hang it up on trying to get 3 stacks to drop one now

Y'all picking apart everything which is the reason stacks not gonna drop shit
that's corny...

criticism comes with the territory....

you can't ask fans to not criticize...

are they even fans then?

just make music for agreeable motherfuckers who have no real opinion, no expectations of greatness....

i would hate if i had fans who didn't want the best from me....

"aye bruh just throw any ole shit together.. we'll still rock with you"

Back