OUT NOW Jay Electronica "A Written Testimony" Album Thread

Rate "A Written Testimony"

• Total voters
exactly....

but let these niggas do this VS shit.

yall are missing the gold by focusing on some other menial shit.

Jay Elec pen is different.. The way he says certain things just feels different.. And he got one of the best rap voices ever in my opinion.. I really think he was destined to be one of the GOATS.. Like it feels like the nigga really was ordained to do this shit.. With that being said, I dont think its menial at all to discuss Hov upstaging him on his DEBUT album.. Nobody is saying Jay Elec not spitting, he is.. We can appreciate this amazing project and still feel let down by not getting the Jay Elec we been waiting for, for over a decade.. That nigga not above critique

Jay Elec pen is different.. The way he says certain things just feels different.. And he got one of the best rap voices ever in my opinion.. I really think he was destined to be one of the GOATS.. Like it feels like the nigga really was ordained to do this shit.. With that being said, I dont think its menial at all to discuss Hov upstaging him on his DEBUT album.. Nobody is saying Jay Elec not spitting, he is.. We can appreciate this amazing project and still feel let down by not getting the Jay Elec we been waiting for, for over a decade.. That nigga not above critique

no shit that the nigga aint above critique.

i think its menial to make it a matter of whos verses were better on the SAME album.

i dont give a fuck who is on this album.

i waited 10 years for an album and what i got, i'm happy with.

5 months ago you niggas was all JOKES and was comfortable with the fact that yall werent getting an album.

Jay E had 2.5 dope verses on here.

95% of the other shit was "the honorable elijah muhammad said..." and "Puff told me i should make an album" "jay said i should make an album, he asked if i was scared of heights" " my ex said i should make an album"

:smh:

I'm just glad to album doesn't sound like all the other shit that's out.

I couldn't care less who is better

This my first time really listening to elect and I'm just trying to take the moment in

It's good we are actually discussing the album instead of comparing it to the drug infused trap beat laced shit that comes out every other week

this aint an album about:

black people killing black people
black people selling drugs
crime
fuckin hoes
cheating
lusting after another mans girl/wife
tricking money
excessive lifestyles

Nah yall Jay E niggas gonna get this work today lol

tenor.gif

Cause they know Jay came better than JE

That's why it's "look at the album....for what it is...in its ENTIRETY. "

The only song w/ JE by himself is a 1:30 interlude.........:lol9:

ut Jay Elec has bars where once you decipher what hes actually saying you get amazed.
tht's that lupe shit.....

it doesn't overly impress me...

i've gave this shit about 4 listens so far.....it's been playing all morning......his bars of full of substance. and i like that.....but doing my research ain't gonna make them better for me

all this...

i'm very happy, and throughly impressed..

my only critique is more jay elect, less jigga... and jigga did his thing, but he ain't need that many features.....

One thing though. People that really listen to Jay Z would know.

Jays whole career he sprinkled in some nation of islam/5 percenter bars in his raps. In between the braggin and the gun talk, every now and then you would hear some jewels.

I feel like jay z been waiting his whole career to finally make a full on NOI/5% influenced album. Hes not going as deep into the philosophies as Jay Electronica is but hes in there.

tht's that lupe shit.....

it doesn't overly impress me...

i've gave this shit about 4 listens so far.....it's been playing all morning......his bars of full of substance. and i like that.....but doing my research ain't gonna make them better for me

No doubt family.

We all got different tastes. I respect it.

One thing though. People that really listen to Jay Z would know.

Jays whole career he sprinkled in some nation of islam/5 percenter bars in his raps. In between the braggin and the gun talk, every now and then you would hear some jewels.

I feel like jay z been waiting his whole career to finally make a full on NOI/5% influenced album. Hes not going as deep into the philosophies as Jay Electronica is but hes in there.
surprised the fuck outta me, cuz jay always talk about either being non-religious.. or only subscribing when in his feelings...

this was a different side to that coin, u worded it better tho

look at the album for what it is...in its ENTIRETY..

yall niggas will find a way to pit niggas verses against each other when that wasnt the point.

jay electronica brought the best out of hov and in turn, hov gave jay the fuel and confidence he needed to put together the album.

not to mention that jay electronica produced all but 3 records on this shit.

look at the album....for what it is...in its ENTIRETY.
Jay elect should've went right back in the booth and rapped for real. You rap you know damn well if someone was getting busy like that on you lp you would've stepped it up. I love Egypt and malcolm as much as the next but ya you gonna get these bars. You not gonna have all the best verse's on my album