Welcome To aBlackWeb

OUT NOW Jay Electronica "A Written Testimony" Album Thread

Rate "A Written Testimony"

• Total voters
Im loving fruits of the spirit. Shit is short as fuck though.

What I wanted from Jay Elecs album was like 10 of these.

I would love this album as a jay z and jay elec collaboration but as the long awaited jay elec album theres not enough jay elec. Smh

I would have told Jay to gtfo.... but I get it....
This is beneficial for both parties....Jay is welcomed back in the black fold lol and Electronica gets the best promotion he ll be able to get by having Jay in the album

Cause they know Jay came better than JE

That's why it's "look at the album....for what it is...in its ENTIRETY. "

The only song w/ JE by himself is a 1:30 interlude.........:lol9:

and i dont give a fuck

again, a few short weeks...fuck, even a few days ago, yall were doubting the existence of this entire shit.

When I die please don't tweet about my death
Tryna get mentions, bringin’ attention to yourself
Please don’t post some pic from in the club
With some quote you stole like we was tighter than what we was
Tryna get likes from my love
If you can't go by the crib then give my momma a hug - Hov

Jay-Z killed that sh*t

When I die please don't tweet about my death
Tryna get mentions, bringin’ attention to yourself
Please don’t post some pic from in the club
With some quote you stole like we was tighter than what we was
Tryna get likes from my love
If you can't go by the crib then give my momma a hug - Hov

Jay-Z killed that sh*t

Yeah great verse and mad relevant at the moment in this social media, clout chasing era...

One thing though. People that really listen to Jay Z would know.

Jays whole career he sprinkled in some nation of islam/5 percenter bars in his raps. In between the braggin and the gun talk, every now and then you would hear some jewels.

I feel like jay z been waiting his whole career to finally make a full on NOI/5% influenced album. Hes not going as deep into the philosophies as Jay Electronica is but hes in there.

100%, from early.

He def followin' fashion like always but you can't say this black phase, if you wan call it that, came outta nowhere

Jay E might really be "lazy" though. Lazy is a strong word so maybe it takes a lot for him to be inspired.

For all we know he may not have made the album if Jay wasn't on it and that's kinda what it looks like.

"In the wee hours of the night trying to squeeze out bars"

It's possible that whenever he feels inspired to write and whatever he comes up with, that's it. Seems like Jay came in and fleshed out the tracks to make a whole album.

Back