Welcome To aBlackWeb

OUT NOW Jay Electronica "A Written Testimony" Album Thread

Rate "A Written Testimony"

• Total voters
if you have to ask maybe you should sit back
or you can just clarify what this means...Shrugs

i've seen a lot of people compare a lot of new music to it trying to sound like "griselda" and i dont understand why, so i was wondering where is the connection?

i've seen a lot of people compare a lot of new music to it trying to sound like "griselda" and i dont understand why, so i was wondering where is the connection?

The machine gun adlib is literally the only thing.

I dunno why they included that shit, tbh

But you just said you only listened ONCE.

You don’t even know what the fuck they are talking about.

and because you don’t understand em, it doesn’t mean that he’s nice.

But because you didn’t really even listen to it, who cares about what you hafta say for real.

Just sayin

I listened to the album 2 days in a row.
at first i was like this is a 1 and done for me but the way yall niggas was acting like it was the second coming of christ, i said hmm maybe im missing something??

come to find out, yall be stanning and lying

oh ok. do you listen to griselda?

I listened to the album 2 days in a row.
at first i was like this is a 1 and done for me but the way yall niggas was acting like it was the second coming of christ, i said hmm maybe im missing something??

come to find out, yall be stanning and lying

Stanning and lying about what?

Lol

Again, this just keeps getting funnier. The only thing I’ve said in this thread since the album dropped is that I like it and that I think it’s damn good.

Stanning and lying about what?

Lol

Again, this just keeps getting funnier. The only thing I’ve said in this thread since the album dropped is that I like it and that I think it’s damn good.

you don fought tooth and nail for this album lmaooo come on babe

are you trolling?

oh ok. do you listen to griselda?
yes

the subject matter not the same

the production not the same

the cadences/flow/delivery not the same

for more context, I thought "the plugs i met" was one of the best albums I heard last year and I've been entrenching myself in Westside Gunn's catalog over the past few months

yes

the subject matter not the same

the production not the same

the cadences/flow/delivery not the same

for more context, I thought "the plugs i met" was one of the best albums I heard last year and I've been entrenching myself in Westside Gunn's catalog over the past few months

thats the only griselda album u heard? benny?

what other albums have you listened to because a lot of ppl has said this sounds the same.

nobody is talking about lyrical content or rapping style

Somebody on twitter said this and I couldn’t agree more.

“ These guys rapped about Solomon being in the desert. Spiritual awakening, Origins of the Nation of Islam etc and the only thing these negros want to talk about is who has the better verse. Man we gotta wake up!”

fuck outta here nigga had one line about Solomon and it was basic there was nothing to dissect. I’m thinking Jay Elect was gonna drop the secrets to Solomon ring type shit. If conscious niggas trying to say we sleep they trippin. This shit was not deep.

thats the only griselda album u heard? benny?

what other albums have you listened to because a lot of ppl has said this sounds the same.

nobody is talking about lyrical content or rapping style

race, boo, are you skimming my posts...lol

I've listened to a ton of westside gunn as he is my favorite in the group

you said they tried to be griselda, and i wasnt sure what that meant which is why i asked you to clarify

Shutcho dumbass up especially when you said Lil fucking Baby. Nigga your opinion is shit as of today when it comes to music. Jesus Christ nigga said Lil Baby

It's better than jadakiss' album but niggas will lie. I've listened to 3 new albums in 2020. Jada, lil baby and hov. All 3 of those shits was lukewarm.

Back