Welcome To aBlackWeb

Janelle Monáe trying to cancel rappers (she is)

Status
Not open for further replies.
But y’all on a site that promotes that type of rap.

Way to do y’all part guys
:shrug2:

Being a fan of rap music is basically accepting that you're going to eventually have to reckon with enjoying some wild shit. Hell til this day I will argue anyone down that "Ain't No Fun" is a top 5 hook in hip hop history and I will play that song til my dying day with a smile on my face..and yeah it's also misogynist as hell.

Being a fan of rap music is basically accepting that you're going to eventually have to reckon with enjoying some wild shit. Hell til this day I will argue anyone down that "Ain't No Fun" is a top 5 hook in hip hop history and I will play that song til my dying day with a smile on my face..and yeah it's also misogynist as hell.

You down for the cause or you’re not.

So y’all can half step somewhere else.

Last edited:
As all forms of art is. I really hate that I sound like an apologist for this shit though man. Like i said I'm still trying to figure how can both things coexist. The expectation of outlawing and censoring things in art expression is dangerous.

I guess a devil's advocate is for folks saying we wouldn't wanna hear white folks singing and calling us niggers. But would movies like American History X exist? Or Django? Idk man I'm confused.

What rule am I breaking, I wasn't aware Janelle Monae was a member of this website
C'mon chi though b

You can not agree with her without calling her a dyke and saying she can eat a dick

Smh while there is truth to her comments.. however in many cases women be party to it.. hell some of chicks that get the most light exploit themselves... i dont even want to call it internalized because they own that shit wholeheartedly..

This is the problem. Removing misogyny in rap or any genre basically means restarting everything all over again. So her complaint is to broad a generalization to actually be a legit critique and just comes off as pandering

I mean.......if she actually felt strongly about this and wasnt posting this for likes, she literally could only listen to conscious female MC's. People dont really listen to the radio anymore and dont need radio to discover new music. She can stream her own playlists and where she goes. In fact, she rich and famous enough to start her own radio channel that only plays this. No one is forcing her to listen to these trap niggas.

But what annoys me most about statements like this is, if you were to ask them to cite 20 artists that fit their woke criteria. They prob couldnt do it. They'd max out at like the 5 recycled examples everyone uses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back