Welcome To aBlackWeb

Janelle Monáe trying to cancel rappers (she is)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Y'all responses is horrible bruh lol I thought we were growing up?

She is entitled how she feel and I certainly get her message. I was telling my Queen that I'm all for empowerment however I'm aware of the thin line of the raw honesty in art. Thought about this with the J Cole thing. Cole was wrong for what he said, but he was honest and vulnerable. It was not a thought out written statement by a PR person.

Art is a vulnerable place to convey your emotions, feelings, and thought. I do believe some abuse this power more for the good though. Just don't want us to lose being vulnerable in art in the middle of all of this.
And we're entitled to tell her to get the fuck outta here with that bullshit

And we’re entitled to feel the way do.

The pendulum swings back and forth
That's real, but it's level to it fam. Disrespecting and saying some ignorant shit is what it is. All I'm saying if it's disrespectful intentions then call it that don't try to act like it's difference of opinion when it's not.

She believes misogyny should be abolished from hip hop and that got y'all upset?
Niggas be charged for stupid shit man. Like bro we ain't perfect lol we say some wild shit in hip hop. Do I agree with her? Yes and no. I agree hip hop shits on women and needs better balance. But I don't agree with censorship in art. If you piss off people accept the consequences and stand on how you feel. It's a tricky subject though that I'm still going back and fourth about.

Y'all responses is horrible bruh lol I thought we were growing up?

She is entitled how she feel and I certainly get her message. I was telling my Queen that I'm all for empowerment however I'm aware of the thin line of the raw honesty in art. Thought about this with the J Cole thing. Cole was wrong for what he said, but he was honest and vulnerable. It was not a thought out written statement by a PR person.

Art is a vulnerable place to convey your emotions, feelings, and thought. I do believe some abuse this power more for the good though. Just don't want us to lose being vulnerable in art in the middle of all of this.

There's a line but then there's also the frontin alot of rappers do because let's be real as much wild shit as rappers say about women in their songs 98% will also say in interviews "I was raised to respect and appreciate women" which is a hell of a contradiction when listening to certain lyrics. So it's not always true emotions being displayed they're defending and more the bravado they think rappers are supposed to have.

Niggas be charged for stupid shit man. Like bro we ain't perfect lol we say some wild shit in hip hop. Do I agree with her? Yes and no. I agree hip hop shits on women and needs better balance. But I don't agree with censorship in art. If you piss off people accept the consequences and stand on how you feel. It's a tricky subject though that I'm still going back and fourth about.
When you're not on some troll shit, you are a quality poster

There's a line but then there's also the frontin alot of rappers do because let's be real as much wild shit as rappers say about women in their songs 98% will also say in interviews "I was raised to respect and appreciate women" which is a hell of a contradiction when listening to certain lyrics. So it's not always true emotions being displayed they're defending and more the bravado they think rappers are supposed to have.
I agree with this. Thats where I'm conflicted on man, like I want us all to evolve. I just pray 10 years from now Art in general will be able to stay "dangerous". As a artist my self I've had sooo many concepts of art to depict harsh realities to educate and show the truth of some realities. I just hope we can do both at the same time. It's tricky I guess. But I fucks with Ms Monae so I hear her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back