Welcome To aBlackWeb

Janelle Monáe trying to cancel rappers (she is)

Status
Not open for further replies.
By teaching the future generations to learn from our mistakes and be better people

By addressing the need of more therapy in our communities.

By holding each other accountable instead of waiting for the justice department to do it.

By giving people the space and opportunity to experience a life not set up to oppress us.

...fam this is a fully loaded question with multiple answers and no simple solution...

My point stands though. Address the artist, don't attack the art.
yeah i definitely didn’t think it was simple
just as i get older i’m trying to set good example for the little ones in my family and extended family and i always think about ways to accomplish that

I was expecting a statement a bit more crazy. She's kinda right and would really have a point if women didn't eat that shit up their damn selves lmao

When you know better, you move better

If the first word you use to reference a female is a bitch, then something wrong with you

Because I bet you your account here if you saw a chick at the store you thought about shooting your shot at, you wouldn't walk up to her on some "what up bitch" shit would you.

Don't answer, I already know the answer is no
Did you just try to defend women against being called bitches while referring to them as "females"?

Calling a woman a female is dehumanizing. Dogs, cats, and insects can be female. So stop being a toxic, misogynoir, sexist and check your male privilege.

you-better-check-wgpfdk.jpg

So any criticism she has is not valid because not all rappers are misogynistic? Not like she signed with Too Short

The thing is, I actually took a survey few years ago. All girls want to get triple penetrated by three guys that have taken a shower.

Janelle Monie herself wishes she was being triple penetrated by three guys that have taken a shower.

I'm not being mysoginistic, but ask any girl on Earth if she would object to being triple penetrated by three guys that have taken a shower and I bet you can't find one girl that won't do it.
Yooo wtf?
:huh2::imsayin::lol10:

So any criticism she has is not valid because not all rappers are misogynistic? Not like she signed with Too Short

She didn't just say that there is too much misogyny in rap though. She said that she can basically only listen to female rappers because of how misogynistic the men are and that rap need to be cancelled. That basically implies that all or at least most male rappers are out there insulting women. @5th Letter is right. That's not true. There are plenty of male rappers that aren't on some "bitches and hoes" shit in every song.

Why is it so hard for people to just for their concerns in a reasonable manner. Why does everything have to be some over-the-top exaggeration of reality. Who does it even help to portray things like that? It ain't like people are going to rush to solve a problem just because you misrepresent it.

She didn't just say that there is too much misogyny in rap though. She said that she can basically only listen to female rappers because of how misogynistic the men are and that rap need to be cancelled. That basically implies that all or at least most male rappers are out there insulting women. @5th Letter is right. That's not true. There are plenty of male rappers that aren't on some "bitches and hoes" shit in every song.

Why is it so hard for people to just for their concerns in a reasonable manner. Why does everything have to be some over-the-top exaggeration of reality. Who does it even help to portray things like that? It ain't like people are going to rush to solve a problem just because you misrepresent it.

but we acting like this hasn’t been an issue for decades. No it not every mc but most people ain’t looking for every mc they going by radio and used to go by videos. So she exaggerated we know she don’t mean all literally

She didn't say rap needed to be cancelled. She said the misogyny in rap needs to be cancelled...which isn't exactly a bad thing to say. There's alot wrong with her post, but saying that misogyny shouldn't be such a consistent topic in music ain't it. Also if majority of people can see the point she was trying to make, then getting caught up in the delivery is doing exactly what a good portion of ya'll often speak against, which is getting so caught up in how the message is being delivered that you miss the message itself. It's been agreed on that she could've presented the point she was making in a better way, but that there is an overall discussion to be had when it comes to type of music pushed to the forefront in hip-hop alot of the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back