Welcome To aBlackWeb

Janelle Monáe trying to cancel rappers (she is)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fam, a lot of y'all in here putting words in the woman mouth projecting what y'all think she meant instead of taking her at face value for the words she actually said

Again, in not disagreeing with you that there aren't scandalous women, shady women, bitches, etc... But leave it to those moment when they happen instead of just calling a female a bitch all Willy nilly because she happens to have a different opinion than you

What does her sexuality have to do with any of this? I've listened to her music and the main message I get from most of her songs is she believes in women empowerment. I'm not gonna get into any feminism shit or anything like that but what's wrong with a woman who wants other women to empower themselves?

But I yell you what, and I'm not telling to be condescending or anything but if you know where she's attacked men or male bashed men as apart of some larger mission, then could you post something so I can get an opinion for myself. I honestly haven't seen a lot of these things dudes have been saying about her

what other way can I take this than what she said?

She said men shouldn't rap and only women should rap

Also all male rappers don't talk down on women.

IDK where yall from but I'm from Detroit and ATL

You'll get trampled by those women trying to uplift them when they're wilding out.

You'll get played like a sucker
I'm not saying you need to walk up to a woman and say "Queen, why do you call yourself a bitch. You are the epitome of what God wanted Eve to be when he created her"... However, if you have women in your circle that are on this kinda time, them maybe some positive reinforcement from you might go a long way

what other way can I take this than what she said?

She said men shouldn't rap and only women should rap

Also all male rappers don't talk down on women.
I legit didn't get this fam

But lemme go read it again just to be sure

You from two cities?
well yes I was born in Detroit and moved to ATL when I was middle school age

My father still lives there and I used to go back a lot but over time I haven't been back as much

but also a lot of ppl I knew like family and family friends moved to ATL so I still knew a lot of ppl from Detroit even in ATL.

200.gif

Read what she said again
she said she only wants to hear women rap and Most men shouldn't if they have misogynistic lyrics and misogynistic lyrics should banned and I don't agree with that.

Since most black ppl in rap are from lower to middle class they're going to be around some unsavory ppl

There are grimy men and grimey women in all classes,but once economics and the rat race get involved ,you're gonna have some slick ppl in those environments.

Women aren't above be called out for their BS just like men

Is this your dictionary.com word of the week? You've used it more in the last 5 days than you have on the 3 years you've been here.

And lol at you trying to correlate my general respect for women as me being emasculated. Lol indeed
I call it how I see it

It was a bad take on her part in my opinion.

but it was HER opinion... she has a right to express her opinion even if I or we completely disagree with it.

She dont gotta be a bitch just cuz we disagree with her tho lol
Most of hip hop ain’t misogynistic either so I guess generalizations aren’t so fun huh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back