Welcome To aBlackWeb

Janelle Monáe trying to cancel rappers (she is)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Y'all responses is horrible bruh lol I thought we were growing up?

She is entitled how she feel and I certainly get her message. I was telling my Queen that I'm all for empowerment however I'm aware of the thin line of the raw honesty in art. Thought about this with the J Cole thing. Cole was wrong for what he said, but he was honest and vulnerable. It was not a thought out written statement by a PR person.

Art is a vulnerable place to convey your emotions, feelings, and thought. I do believe some abuse this power more for the good though. Just don't want us to lose being vulnerable in art in the middle of all of this.
This is a bullshit message

Number 1 ,men created hip hop

number 2. the world is the world

number 3 She don't even really like men like that

You know these uppity niggas about to come in here and complain because you called the broad a bitch
IDGAF I live in the real world where some women be slimy just like men

I been calling bitches bitches and I always will,but that doesn't mean I think every woman is a bitch,but every person can do bitchy shit

What did THIS woman do to earn the title bitch?

This is part of the problem that a lot of y'all dudes just use words like that too loosely to justify your use of it

If it just rolls off the tip of your tongue so easily, you're part of the problem

Cause I know plenty of bitches.

They would and do call themselves that.

conniving,scheming,dishonest,manipulative women

it's also slang and it's how ppl talk around me

and to say all male rappers shouldn't rap is insane.

rap lyrics aren't in a vacuum

What did THIS woman do to earn the title bitch?

This is part of the problem that a lot of y'all dudes just use words like that too loosely to justify your use of it

If it just rolls off the tip of your tongue so easily, you're part of the problem
Is it breaking the rule of the site, if not then be quiet. Stop trying to dictate the way niggas post

Is it breaking the rule of the site, if not then be quiet. Stop trying to dictate the way niggas post
When you know better, you move better

If the first word you use to reference a female is a bitch, then something wrong with you

Because I bet you your account here if you saw a chick at the store you thought about shooting your shot at, you wouldn't walk up to her on some "what up bitch" shit would you.

Don't answer, I already know the answer is no

When you know better, you move better

If the first word you use to reference a female is a bitch, then something wrong with you

Because I bet you your account here if you saw a chick at the store you thought about shooting your shot at, you wouldn't walk up to her on some "what up bitch" shit would you.

Don't answer, I already know the answer is no
So it's not a rule

Cause I know plenty of bitches.

They would and do call themselves that.

conniving,scheming,dishonest,manipulative women

it's also slang and it's how ppl talk around me

and to say all male rappers shouldn't rap is insane.

rap lyrics aren't in a vacuum
If you had a lil girl and she came to you saying she thinks she's ugly, you gonna co-sign and say, well yeah babygirl, you are ugly?

No, you're going to try and lift her up and tell her how beautiful she is and that if anyone calls her ugly, something wrong with them

Just because a female references herself in that manner doesn't mean you gotta co-sign the shit.

If she being mad disrespectful to you and your life in danger or some shit, all bets are off, but maybe men should be trying to show females why they aren't bitches and hoes in the first place

But this not my hill fam. I'm just cut different and I'm more than ok with that

Until it's a rule then bitch can be used as long as it's not used at a female on the site. So either draw up the rule or stop bitching about it.
I can't wait to play the remaster coming out in a couple of months Tony

If you had a lil girl and she came to you saying she thinks she's ugly, you gonna co-sign and say, well yeah babygirl, you are ugly?

No, you're going to try and lift her up and tell her how beautiful she is and that if anyone calls her ugly, something wrong with them

Just because a female references herself in that manner doesn't mean you gotta co-sign the shit.

If she being mad disrespectful to you and your life in danger or some shit, all bets are off, but maybe men should be trying to show females why they aren't bitches and hoes in the first place

But this not my hill fam. I'm just cut different and I'm more than ok with that

That shit is apples and oranges

If I did have a daughter of course I wouldn't tell her to call herself ugly

But she's not a kid,she's a grown woman

You can't rationalize with a foul person to make them not be foul.

I actually love Janelle as an artist but she is a lesbian/bi feminazi type

She's fine as all get out,but that extra man hating shit is a reason to be called a bitch

I love women in general ,but I have seen women do some out cold shit.

That shit is apples and oranges

If I did have a daughter of course I wouldn't tell her to call herself ugly

But she's not a kid,she's a grown woman

You can't rationalize with a foul person to make them not be foul.

I actually love Janelle as an artist but she is a lesbian/bu feminazi type

She's fine as all get out,but that extra man hating shit is a reason to be called a bitch

I love women in general ,but I have seen women do some out cold shit.
Fam, a lot of y'all in here putting words in the woman mouth projecting what y'all think she meant instead of taking her at face value for the words she actually said

Again, in not disagreeing with you that there aren't scandalous women, shady women, bitches, etc... But leave it to those moment when they happen instead of just calling a female a bitch all Willy nilly because she happens to have a different opinion than you

What does her sexuality have to do with any of this? I've listened to her music and the main message I get from most of her songs is she believes in women empowerment. I'm not gonna get into any feminism shit or anything like that but what's wrong with a woman who wants other women to empower themselves?

But I yell you what, and I'm not telling to be condescending or anything but if you know where she's attacked men or male bashed men as apart of some larger mission, then could you post something so I can get an opinion for myself. I honestly haven't seen a lot of these things dudes have been saying about her

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back