Welcome To aBlackWeb

OUT NOW J. Cole - The Off-Season

He checked everything I was concerned with om first listen. The bars and flows were sharp af

He got a MONSTER with this joint. FNL vibes for me

I hate the reaction to new releases in today's music. This Cole album is a classic example of what I'm talking about.

The album is nice but that's not surprising at all cause you know, that nigga J. Cole is nice wit it. I mean, we know he's good.

So what happens is the buzz around a release will always be built up around people hoping that the artist can get back on some random shit that they were on oh, I'll say 3 albums ago but in reality the artist in question never fell off.

Like, J. Cole has been nice for a while now. He didn't do anything different on this album to make you believe otherwise. He just did what he's been doing. Dropping really really good music but people will pretend like he's getting serious now or that now we should judge him differently.

Nigga no. This niggas has been one of the best rappers out for a decade now. Since the rumors about this album started niggas tried to create a controversial narrative when there was no need for one. Regardless if it was lack of features, production, or a monotone sound, the narratives were always just that. Narratives.

I mean, enjoy the music. I just wish we could stop pretending like there needs to be some controversy, drama, or negative feedback with every release.

Also I don't know how people can rank how an album stacks up to previous albums on the first day lololololololol

When FHD dropped I liked it but I liked it even more as the years gone by.

The thing about J. Cole is he's never had a wack album. All of his albums are good.

What? The explicit version is on Spotify lol
I know what he means. Spotify is known for putting the explicit ones out late. They pushed the clean version and the explicit version was low-key hidden. I had to cancel a tidal subscription because I wasn't in the mood to wait for Spotify to post the explicit version the next day or hours later. Realize that shit was under the "album" section instead of the latest release.

there aren't any real lows and nothin' as corny as Foldin' Clothes or whatever the fuck it's called. Cudda been mixed better and I don't care for 21 at all but def Cole best album in a hot hot sec

I hate the reaction to new releases in today's music. This Cole album is a classic example of what I'm talking about.

The album is nice but that's not surprising at all cause you know, that nigga J. Cole is nice wit it. I mean, we know he's good.

So what happens is the buzz around a release will always be built up around people hoping that the artist can get back on some random shit that they were on oh, I'll say 3 albums ago but in reality the artist in question never fell off.

Like, J. Cole has been nice for a while now. He didn't do anything different on this album to make you believe otherwise.
I stopped reading right there

Lol more producers and features than his last 3 albums combined but he didn't do anything different.....

I stopped reading right there

Lol more producers and features than his last 3 albums combined but he didn't do anything different.....

Yeh idk what dude talkin about. Combine that with the fact that if you’ve been listening to Cole since The Come Up + The Warm Up + FNL you know there was some mediocrity that followed. Sideline Story + Born Sinner were good albums but he didn’t sound as hungry as he did on those early tapes. FHD was his best mainstream effort but even then you could tell he still didn’t tap into that full potential. That Dreamville compilation unlocked this nigga’s final form. This album he finally put it all together

Back