Welcome To aBlackWeb

J. Cole - Snow On Tha Bluff

J. Cole made his career off being a "conscious" lyricist and admitted he don't understand and won't read books that help bolster his knowledge of the world all while passive aggressively attacking a woman who did do the work with Noname. Last night he proved that this just cosplaying for him:tuh:

Lmfao that's not his brand at all tho his cornball fans create that super conscious persona but his lyrics didn't match. people are just dumb and for what ever reason they latched theirselves on to him as a symbol of great intelligence

And you can tell that the people who believe that's his brand don't listen to his music. This is like when casual rap fans let white hip hop writers guide their taste in rap music. Be reading to those Complex reviews and forming opinions about rappers without even pressing play.

Last edited:
His brand is literally the kid on the sideline that made it into the game. Warm up, Friday night lights, sideline story - like it cant be more straight forward, ironically it DID go over people's heads.

All I know is this black man vs black woman narrative that keeps popping up is corny.

She has a book club.

And????????

What work has she done? I mean because if I'm being honest her Tweet felt like it was directed at Cole and K. Dot. So she's a black female rapper who started a book club and sent some spicy Tweets. So she doesn't have to come correct at them (she did not) and they get criticized for addressing the spicy shit she said in the first place?

Like I said, this chick Noname has just started getting active in the movement a year ago. How long Cole and K. Dot been putting in work? And to top it off Cole wasn't even disrespectful. If we wanna talk about tone how about her tone talking sideways sending subs on Twitter? Everybody is gonna skip over the whole reason Cole is responding in the first place or???

What are we really doing here?

Back