Welcome To aBlackWeb

J. Cole - Snow On Tha Bluff

The "lady out there thats way smarter than me" doesnt seem that specific. Feels like hes addressing the folk who use their wokeness to talk down on people instead if putting it in action while he feels like hes "snow on the bluff" fake because he may or maybe not doing enough. So maybe his point is that both he and the type of woman he's addressing are full of shit.

Lmao I don't get the outrage

Its 2 things really. 1 isThe lyrics about not liking her tone is what set people off. Given within the past 48 hrs twitter has been flooded with news of the death of the young woman in Florida and the viral videos of those guys tossing the young lady in a dumpster and some nigga in NY hitting a woman with a skateboard and a bunch of dudes just laughing in the background women as a whole really werent trying to then hear a nigga tell them "watch your tone when talking to me". It was just a bad mix of timing

2nd is Cole saying "I'm not that smart" when for years his stans online have used the "You dont get Cole cuz you're not smart enough" to any criticism of his music. It's a way for ppl to shit on his fans moreso than him for that one cuz he basically just invalidated their decade long defense of him

The lyrics about not liking her tone is what set people off. Given within the past 48 hrs twitter has been flooded with news of the death of the young woman in Florida and the viral videos of those guys tossing the young lady in a dumpster and some nigga in NY hitting a woman with a skateboard and a bunch of dudes just laughing in the background women as a whole really werent trying to then hear a nigga tell them "watch your tone when talking to me". It was just a bad mix of timing
Good shout I get it.

I personally took it as our messaging could be better and there isn't one way to achieve our aim. As well as him feeling guilty because he could do better and more active in the fight

Good shout I get it.

I personally took it as our messaging could be better and there isn't one way to achieve our aim. As well as him feeling guilty because he could do better and more active in the fight

I've seen several women criticizing him have even said that point is valid and that had he kept on about the heiarchy of wokeness that people try to weaponize he wouldn't have gotten backlash because that's a real ongoing discussion that needs to be had because it pushes people away from the movement...but he personalized a comment that people weren't even sure was made about him and that's on Cole. He's the one who wrote the lyrics so he has to own that his message got lost in him trying to defend himself from a point that wasn't even directly about him.

Wild shit is the one lasting thing from this will be the "I'm not that smart" thing. That's going to really sting the most because it's what a good portion of his fan base have based their fandom on.This idea that if you don't like Cole's music somehow it's going over your head. Alot of the backlash is people just tired of that narrative and now they have an outlet for that because Cole just made his own fans look dumb w/ that admission

View attachment 299679

People speculating it's her cause of this tweet. She tweeted out some slick shit in response so apparently she of the same mind.

That might be one of the most idiotic millennial-thinking tweets i've ever read.

So according to her you can make a whole discography of pro-black music... but if you don't also write a tweet - a fucking tweet - you're an asshole?

I guess her tweeting that makes her a modern day Nikki Giovanni in her own mind.

That might be one of the most idiotic millennial-thinking tweets i've ever read.

So according to her you can make a whole discography of pro-black music... but if you don't also write a tweet - a fucking tweet - you're an asshole?

I guess her tweeting that makes her a modern day Nikki Giovanni in her own mind.

I've never heard of this chick but apparently she's only been active in the movement since last year. I've been listening to J. Cole since High School and I graduated 13 years ago. I guess anybody can get on the internet and make statements about sit and have waves of people go up for them. I mean damn, do niggas even consider the source of some of these "controversies"?

j cole is the majority of yall on this site aint read one book but got all the answers. j cole aint cancelled but boy was some of the stuff he was saying plain ol dumb

read a fucking book

Back