Welcome To aBlackWeb

IT Careers and Opportunities Thread

What would you like to see in IT Careers and Opportunities Thread

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Kinda re routed

Was taking the A+ - did first exam but get to do second (I’m ready and about to book it now)

But in the meantime all the stuff I learnt within A+ has helped me go through the Google Cybersecurity course really quickly. I’m about 60% through it now.

Still gonna do A+(especially since I’ve completed half the certification already) and Network+ but not sure how important Network+ will be once I’ve gotten the Google and Security+ certification.

Where do you take the A+ Certa exam?

A website
How much does it cost

I want to take it in February

Hey for anyone doing the Verizon online program....do you have to watch the videos on the site for it to count or can you just download the video and go to the next one when youve finished the assignment?

My bad just seen this.

Comptia website. Can either be done online or a local rest centre near you.

$140~
Yeah I have been researching all week
Finding practice test questions
Prices

Some prices keep saying 240 or 235

I’m not ready to purchase or take the test just yet, but I have been studying.

I’m really interested in being an Ethical Hacker. I gotta do more research and see whats really in demand though. Looking at that chart you sent CISSP really covers so much. It’s probably worth it to have under my belt.

Just finished Google Cybersecurity Certificate gonna spend next two weeks prepping for Security+ exam and go from there.

I’m really interested in being an Ethical Hacker. I gotta do more research and see whats really in demand though. Looking at that chart you sent CISSP really covers so much. It’s probably worth it to have under my belt.

Just finished Google Cybersecurity Certificate gonna spend next two weeks prepping for Security+ exam and go from there.

You got 1102 yet?

i still gotta do the second exam this coming month
You are going for the Comptia A+

1. How was the first test
- was it 1hr 30mi
- was it difficult

2. How long did you study
- I have been studying all month and some last month
Last month (December) I was doing an online course that I past but I want the Comptia Certificate

- I just don’t feel super ready
- YouTube videos and some practice test

3. How much did it cost
- I have been hearing it’s $240

- was it 1hr 30mi
- was it difficult

Last month (December) I was doing an online course that I past but I want the Comptia Certificate

3. How much did it cost
Do you currently work on a helpdesk?

Nope

Trying to change jobs/ careers

I’m in the same position. Got an inside sales support position that helps me because it’s customer service oriented. Leaning towards getting 1101 and 02 and a cloud computing certification and getting a help desk job based off that

- was it 1hr 30mi
- was it difficult

3. How much did it cost
First test was quite easy and this is with me not even fully understanding the performance based questions. 1hr30 yeah.

Studied for a few months because it was my first delve into tech and I wanted to make sure I passed the first test. Keep practicing, watch videos, check for Quizlet folders A+ notes on Reddit and do the past papers and understand the right and wrong answers

You’ll be fine

First test was quite easy and this is with me not even fully understanding the performance based questions. 1hr30 yeah.

Studied for a few months because it was my first delve into tech and I wanted to make sure I passed the first test. Keep practicing, watch videos, check for Quizlet folders A+ notes on Reddit and do the past papers and understand the right and wrong answers

You’ll be fine

I really want to take it in March/ April. So much shit to know, but I have links to practice test. I have been watching lots of Professor Messor videos all December and January. Now I’m looking more into PRACTICE TEST and will dive in them more all of February and March. I really want to be on my way and be better in March.

I took the Microsoft AZ-500 last night. It's the Associate Level Azure Security Certification. I failed it. Need a 700 and I got a 585. I'm going to retake it in the next 2 weeks. It was a hard test but I know that I can pass it.

The crazy thing is that this is an Associate level cert and I don't have any Microsoft certs yet. This is basically like taking a CCNP without even having a CCNA.

All I know is that if I get this AZ-500 I'll only need one more cert to be at the Expert level. Just the thought of the job opportunities with that cert is enough to keep me motivated.

Back