Welcome To aBlackWeb

IT Careers and Opportunities Thread

What would you like to see in IT Careers and Opportunities Thread

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

I'm going all in on this, thus I'll start applying when I am fully prepared and ready to.

Next agenda items: spend time crafting my new resume, reviewing the content again, and immersing myself even more in the industry. I'll be ready to apply and interview after that.

The elevator pitch will be one of many major keys in the process. I am more confident now in my interview skills.

I need to be more committed. I’m in the process of getting a new job soon so I’m waiting on that and still wanna get a few certifications but need to sit down and study

I need to be more committed. I’m in the process of getting a new job soon so I’m waiting on that and still wanna get a few certifications but need to sit down and study
What were you doing prior to this?

And you just jumped in the deep end like that? No transition?

I was trying to get into IT while at the mail job but they weren’t interested so I was able to get an IT healthcare job because I knew someone but they ended up letting me go because of some things I wasn’t at fault for but I’m getting back on my feet soon

I'm looking to make a transition into the tech field myself. An old friend of mine told me to start researching roles I might be interested in and take some online courses. I might start dropping into this thread
Man I swear if one more person tells me research roles

Motherfucka..I want a role paying more than I earn now. Which one is that?!?!🤬

Early job searches I've done... Consumer Cellular is hiring for a Security Operations Center Analyst, Tier I (SOC). Tier I is an entry level job, but they are requiring the Comptia Security+ certification.

It could be companies such as Consumer Cellular, will pay a decent wage for entry level SOC Analyst positions.

So I am currently reevaluating my career path. I am going to probably interview for a another traveling IT position sometime next week hopefully but I don’t want to do that job for long

Plan is, if I get the job, to do it most of 2024 and try to get certifications while I work so I can at least get a help desk job closer to where I live or even a remote job and do that for some experience and maybe get into cybersecurity

Last edited:
Quick update fellas,

I confirm the program is legit, I found it on LinkedIn.

They give you a year and 2 days of free access

See attached , enrolled in the program university of Washington has

Screenshot_20231128_114459_Gmail.jpg Screenshot_20231128_115753_Chrome.jpg

Back