Welcome To aBlackWeb

IT Careers and Opportunities Thread

What would you like to see in IT Careers and Opportunities Thread

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm very serious fam

I've been really thinking about how I want this next chapter of my life to be. I feel like a hermit crab that's outgrown it's shell and I can't break it to get free, I just have to wiggle out of it to find a new one.

The stories I could share about being a supervisor where I'm spending more time babysitting than actually working

I felt like that with working in a law office on and off for 10 years. I needed a change and dragged my feet for too long until I saw an opportunity that changed everything. Life is much better now

Gonna start a new job on Monday. Hybrid work schedule. 3 days at home 2 days in the office. Office is 15 minutes away from the house. I'll mainly be doing Microsoft stuff for clients. Installs and projects and stuff. No more being the jack of all trades which is what I wanted. Pay schedule is gonna change from every 2 weeks to once a month which will be a first time for me. I've never been paid once a month but it doesn't seem to crazy. The pay should put me a little under $100,000 for a year which is crazy too me still. Should be a more relaxed environment and I'll be working with people who know what the hell they're doing.

A nigga really bout to be working from home in this bitch.

Gonna start a new job on Monday. Hybrid work schedule. 3 days at home 2 days in the office. Office is 15 minutes away from the house. I'll mainly be doing Microsoft stuff for clients. Installs and projects and stuff. No more being the jack of all trades which is what I wanted. Pay schedule is gonna change from every 2 weeks to once a month which will be a first time for me. I've never been paid once a month but it doesn't seem to crazy. The pay should put me a little under $100,000 for a year which is crazy too me still. Should be a more relaxed environment and I'll be working with people who know what the hell they're doing.

Lol same here. I'm hybrid and go to the office on Wed and Thurs. Working from home is the shit bruh. I might work from my bed one day or out on my patio the next or hell from another state/country. Also congrats on getting that money, if you can get certs for the role you're in get them get yourself certified much as possible and put them in a chokehold to get you more money.

I was paid once a month for a short time. Make sure your budgeting is ON POINT bro.

Dont be fooled into thinking you good cause of that large sum of money.

They have a free (for us) cybersecurity full load course. Think may take it a nigga has nothing but free time nowadays since my son is off to college. Wrapping up this SCRUM cert study and I might as well grab this cybersecurity cert so I can get this IT Program Manger role I've been eyeing
once Im done with my bachelors my company got a roadmap to biz leadership.

Ima get that knowledge then go out on my own.

By 40 I will have my own Cybersecurity firm with a specialty in cloud

Damn man sorry to hear, what happened?

Long story.

I was supposed to go to Houston this month for work but the week before I was supposed to leave they kept on changing my schedule to where I would be local and stay home which was no problem, but they kept changing it every single week and I got frustrated.

They tell me to book my travel, hotel and rental car weeks in advance yet my schedule always changes. Last week, I was supposed to go to Houston. Booked my flight hotel and rental but the next day they tell me I’m gonna be local. Out of nowhere my manager asked me why I’m waiting so long to book my travel and I tell her because you guys keep changing my schedule it doesn’t make sense to book weeks in advance when you’re always going to change my schedule so that’s why I wait till the last minute.

Friday I get a call from California and my other manager informed me that I was fired. I asked why and she tells me that it’s because I wasn’t picking up the work quick which was BS because one of the reasons why I was told to stay local is because the person I was working with liked how I worked and wanted me to stay on his project.

Also, I had an issue with enterprise Rent-A-Car because I am on their do not rental list that stems from years ago when my brother-in-law got into an accident in a car that was in my name and because of this, I cannot rent from enterprise ever again, and they tried to give me off the list, but couldn’t so that also was a issue.

Oh well

Long story.

I was supposed to go to Houston this month for work but the week before I was supposed to leave they kept on changing my schedule to where I would be local and stay home which was no problem, but they kept changing it every single week and I got frustrated.

They tell me to book my travel, hotel and rental car weeks in advance yet my schedule always changes. Last week, I was supposed to go to Houston. Booked my flight hotel and rental but the next day they tell me I’m gonna be local. Out of nowhere my manager asked me why I’m waiting so long to book my travel and I tell her because you guys keep changing my schedule it doesn’t make sense to book weeks in advance when you’re always going to change my schedule so that’s why I wait till the last minute.

Friday I get a call from California and my other manager informed me that I was fired. I asked why and she tells me that it’s because I wasn’t picking up the work quick which was BS because one of the reasons why I was told to stay local is because the person I was working with liked how I worked and wanted me to stay on his project.

Also, I had an issue with enterprise Rent-A-Car because I am on their do not rental list that stems from years ago when my brother-in-law got into an accident in a car that was in my name and because of this, I cannot rent from enterprise ever again, and they tried to give me off the list, but couldn’t so that also was a issue.

Oh well
Same shit happened to me with my brother and a rental. That's a dumb ass reason man. Sorry to hear, hopefully there's a silver lining coming your way

Same shit happened to me with my brother and a rental. That's a dumb ass reason man. Sorry to hear, hopefully there's a silver lining coming your way

I’m not too worried. It was a contract job so my real manager is with a different company and I’m not gonna be working with that company anymore so she’s gonna find me something sometime this week. I’ll keep you guys updated.

I was online reading up about Cybersecurity and I’m telling you, the shit just seems so vast and daunting. I was looking to see what I could do so I can work from the crib remotely. Not out of laziness, but because I got a relative I gotta look after and it’s tough to be out and shit

So I was offered another position where I would be traveling to different hospitals and updated their Johnson and Johnson machines. I was basically removed from a project and am now on a different project for more money. Mostly east coast traveling. Training in 2 weeks

Back