Welcome To aBlackWeb

IT Careers and Opportunities Thread

What would you like to see in IT Careers and Opportunities Thread

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
View attachment 1271282View attachment 1271283View attachment 1271284View attachment 1271285

Hawwwt Damn $253 for 1, and I gotta take 2. Shit I just wanted to see if it’s $150, $200 or more. I wish it was $150, I’m taking this some day. I’m still studying, will not take this March.

The smart thing to do is take the Network+ and take the CCNA. You can get a job with that.

A+ isn't getting anyone a job, plus it's two exams in one.

The Network+ is just one.

A+ in the bag. Security+ in just under a month. Then the journey begins. It's already begun tbh.
You took both A+ test and passed?

When did you take it?
Is each test 90 minutes
What was your score?
Did you take it online or go to an actual place?

I’m still studying, looking for YouTube practice test and daily practice test. This test to expensive to fail, I’m cautious

Last edited:
You took both A+ test and passed?

When did you take it?
Is each test 90 minutes
What was your score?
Did you take it online or go to an actual place?

I’m still studying, looking for YouTube practice test and daily practice test. This test to expensive to fail, I’m cautious
This past tuesday

Yeah each test is 90mins - my advice is use all that time to go over your answers, some later questions may give you a better insight to questions you’ve already answered and prompt you to think more and you may end up changing your answer. Make use of the flag feature.

I scored 713 on A+ you need 700 to pass and I think me going over some questions at the end is what took me over the edge.

Went to a test centre.

Watch YouTube, make notes, practice exams - rinse and repeat and you’ll be good.

Second part for sure. 1102. Overall though none of it is really hard, 1102 is just harder than 1101.
This past tuesday

Yeah each test is 90mins - my advice is use all that time to go over your answers, some later questions may give you a better insight to questions you’ve already answered and prompt you to think more and you may end up changing your answer. Make use of the flag feature.

I scored 713 on A+ you need 700 to pass and I think me going over some questions at the end is what took me over the edge.

Went to a test centre.

Watch YouTube, make notes, practice exams - rinse and repeat and you’ll be good.

Cool you responded

1. I have been watching YouTube videos and taking notes. It’s just that now I realize that I have a lot of old stuff. I don’t have much about cloud and mobile. I’m just taking it slowly, I don’t want to fail. I found YouTube videos for practice test, and practice test links

2. If you remember are most of the questions SCENRIO based. Like “John needs help with a printer, what’s the first thing he should do ABCD?”

3.how fast do you get the results back?

4. $230 per test??

Cool you responded

1. I have been watching YouTube videos and taking notes. It’s just that now I realize that I have a lot of old stuff. I don’t have much about cloud and mobile. I’m just taking it slowly, I don’t want to fail. I found YouTube videos for practice test, and practice test links

2. If you remember are most of the questions SCENRIO based. Like “John needs help with a printer, what’s the first thing he should do ABCD?”

3.how fast do you get the results back?

4. $230 per test??
Results same day.

There were mostly scenario questions in my test.

Yeah that price is about right.

Results same day.

There were mostly scenario questions in my test.

Yeah that price is about right.
Final 2 question

1. Did you pay for classes?

2. How many months did you take to study

Thanks for all the responses

I really wanted to take it in March, but I’m happy I did not. I should keep preparing until I am confident and ready

Final 2 question

1. Did you pay for classes?

2. How many months did you take to study

Thanks for all the responses

I really wanted to take it in March, but I’m happy I did not. I should keep preparing until I am confident and ready
Nah, I used youtube, professor messer and all his materials are GOAT.

I was studying on and off but I'd say 3-4 months for both tests probably.

Nah, I used youtube, professor messer and all his materials are GOAT.

I was studying on and off but I'd say 3-4 months for both tests probably.
I have been doing the same

Prof Messer
Other YouTube practice test
Practice test online

I would say I have been studying for 3 months. I don’t want to waste my money and fail

If you have any college degree period you should be fine with IT job experience, an AWS cert, Security+ and a few projects to talk about.

Without a degree, it'll be harder.

This is what I would do.

Sign up for practical hands on AWS training here and go for the Solutions Architect Cert.

And learn everything you can about cloud security and CIS Controls.

I would create projects in AWS in Python, Go, Rust. Learn Python, Rust and Go and you'll be fine in technology. Create a GitHub and hunt for bugs in open source projects.

While doing this, I would be studying for the CISSP or the CISM. You need experience to be fully certified in CISSP but if you pass the test will be an Associate and it counts just the same in the eyes of HR.

This is how you break down your study and career gameplan.

Learning a technology and a skill is more important than getting certs and learning about cybersecurity. Cybersecurity is a mid-career skill.

Therefore, block out 8 weeks.

For 8 weeks, all you are doing is the Cantril AWS Solutions Architect course and simple programming and scripting. Dedicate 3 hours a day of actually doing shit. Not just reading and gathering resources, but hands on keyboard learning.

While doing this, you are passively learning about cybersecurity. Pick up an CISSP book and read it in your spare time. Listen to podcasts. Go through HacktheBox Academy. Follow CISA alerts, whatever. You not studying for a cybersecurity exam.

Take the AWS Solutions Architect exam.

After 8 weeks, you should have an AWS project.

Then do another 8 weeks, focus on securing your project according to the CIS Controls, while passively learning about cybersecurity.

After these 8 weeks, take a week long break. You learned junior level cloud engineering and security.

Now, you wanna do an 8 week intensive on Python, Go and Rust. These languages are important to cloud development, backend development, API programming and services. So you wanna learn about system programming, system engineering and server architecture. You are not creating software.

I would do 3 projects:

I would create a simple blog site using Django for the backend, which is based on Python. Don't worry about how it looks, focus on securing it.

The second project, I would buy a Raspberry Pi and create a simple file transfer server to transfer files from my computer to the Raspberry Pi. Secure it.

The third project, I would buy another Raspberry Pi and create a VPN for me to use on my phone. It's a simple project. Then focus on securing that.

You may think, what this gotta do with GRC? Well how you gonna tell someone to secure something if you don't know how the shit works? You still should be passively learning about cybersecurity. You still at the help desk but you should be confident at your job. You should be looking for Cyber Analyst job or a AWS Solution Achitect job or a Sys Administrator job. You have projects to talk about.

Now you should be at a junior level of cloud security, networking, cloud engineering, backend development, server architecture, Python, Go and Rust.

You should be able to sit down and get the CompTIA CySA+ just by reading the book. Sit for the exam, but remember the goal is CISSP or CISM.

The next 8 weeks, go do the SOC Analyst Pathway on HacktheBox Academy. Nuff said. There you learn the ElasticStack, a SIEM. You have the programming and networking knowledge from your previous projects.

You should be interviewing now for cyber roles because you have CySA+.

Anyway, y'all should be good lol.
just enrolled in Cantrill's AWS course. should have the Sec+ this coming April just doing a bunch of practice exams to prepare.

Back