Is your preference a contradiction?

I like short women but I've dated a chick that was 6'4. I like short hair but the female I was with recently had hair to her butt. I like a thick girl but last chick I dealt with has a damn muscular build athletic body and she's scrong AF ( @TheMasterKey can vouch for that)

I like certain things but my preference want stop me from getting with the person if they don't meet that criteria.

So to answer the OP....... Yes
u r a lil like me Cain, be proud.

ur findings vs studies. which 1 am I gonna go with Du?

it isn't about whether they'd fuck a dark skinned woman despite talking down on dark skinned women. it's about WHY they're dissing dark skin or placing light skin on a pedestal in the first place.

and as I said, colorism goes beyond the dating realm. it has implications in the workplace, in education and in the prison system. not the same.

u conflated shit that isn't parallel. it was a false equivalency.

and i will concede on the implications outside of dating, but when it comes to dating, and sex, that shit...is bullshit......

the thread is talking about preference contradictions.....i introduced complexion to the argument solely for the reason that people often list complexion as a preference, and have been contradicted on that shit too many times to count. so yes in the regards of dating complexion is an equal parallel to height.

Now outside the dating world, there are many other things to consider.....but i promise you it has nothing to do with dating preference, because the whole idea of dating preference as a whole is a bullshit concept to begin with, cuz people flat out just don't know what they want until it's in their face.....

you can literally take any preference imaginable and apply it to the same argument, and it will fall apart...

people claim they won't date a fat person, but let the right fat person come in their life, and it happens....

attraction is unexplainable in many cases.....you can't really study a thing like attraction because there are too many variables once personality is introduced....

i am not ignorant at all to the issues associated with colorism.....but i'm just telling you some real good shit here......

10 times outta 10 when people start proudly boasting on who they will and won't date......they bullshiting

ur findings vs studies. which 1 am I gonna go with Du?

it isn't about whether they'd fuck a dark skinned woman despite talking down on dark skinned women. it's about WHY they're dissing dark skin or placing light skin on a pedestal in the first place.

and as I said, colorism goes beyond the dating realm. it has implications in the workplace, in education and in the prison system. not the same.

u conflated shit that isn't parallel. it was a false equivalency.

@bolded, aren't they essentially the same thing? Other people's findings.

And u say all of this as if men don't face colorism as well. So men deal with colorism and heightism. We got it twice as bad.

Men are naturally taller than women on average but men and women have roughly the same range of complexion.

Therefore, I see a woman seeking out a man taller than herself quite natural. But a man (or a woman just to make it fair) seeking out a lite brite? I believe there is some social conditioning behind that "preference".

Reactions: MissK
Men are naturally taller than women on average but men and women have roughly the same range of complexion.

Therefore, I see a woman seeking out a man taller than herself quite natural. But a man (or a woman just to make it fair) seeking out a lite brite? I believe there is some social conditioning behind that "preference".

Gtfoh with this bullshit. It mainly be 5'3 bitches screaming they need a 6'4 nigga, foh

Have to disagree. What if you like fairer skinned women/men? I don't think that you're automatically conditioned albeit some are but to paint a broad picture that all who like a lighter skin toned person has been preconditioned is false.

At the end of the day I go by the age old wisdom: all is fair in love and war.

Be it natural or social conditioning, preferences and feelings are not always logical and you don't have to justify it.

Have to disagree. What if you like fairer skinned women/men? I don't think that you're automatically conditioned albeit some are but to paint a broad picture that all who like a lighter skin toned person has been preconditioned is false.

nobody said every single 1 who likes a lighter skin toned person is preconditioned. however, if u have an exclusive preference n it isn't 4 ppl who look like u, there is usually a reason.

At the end of the day I go by the age old wisdom: all is fair in love and war.

Be it natural or social conditioning, preferences and feelings are not always logical and you don't have to justify it.

this too. even if ur preference is influenced by social conditioning, who gives a fuck? do u. ur love life is 1 of few things that r entirely ur business.

674d7b45d544a54e58bfa07448bb157a.jpg

I don't need a guy to be tall but the thot of bein with a guy shorter than me isn't appealing. i'm in the 5'4 to 5'7 range so that isn't askin a lot.

that said, if a dashing man with a big heart, prison built body, scholarly mind, n comedian humor came along I aint gonna pass him up just cuz he an inch shorter than me.

it aint that deep. kinda like a lot of men say they need a woman to be thick but they'd give the right slim chick a chance.

I am sure in many cases it is all natural, but not all. When you see a pattern emerging, there is always a reason somewhere. In the case of height preference, nature can explain most of it. In the case of skin tone, nature doesn't quite explain it all, which leads one to believe there is some additional reason.

That being said, I personally would not chaste individuals or demand justifications no matter what they prefer.

Last edited:
I don't need a guy to be tall but the thot of bein with a guy shorter than me isn't appealing. i'm in the 5'4 to 5'7 range so that isn't askin a lot.

that said, if a dashing man with a big heart, prison built body, scholarly mind, n comedian humor came along I aint gonna pass him up just cuz he an inch shorter than me.

it aint that deep. kinda like a lot of men say they need a woman to be thick but they'd give the right slim chick a chance.
Post like this almost bring out the old me. N*gga we're not the CIA how tall are you in reality? Sheesh

@TheMasterKey get your girl b

Reactions: AP2.5