Welcome To aBlackWeb

Is This The Cause For Griselda's Buzz Dying Down?

Their operation was gonna have its rises and its falls regardless of its command structure

As middle aged rappers from Buffalo it could be argued they took it much further than they were supposed to. How big were they even supposed to get ?

To be perfectly honest, I'm surprised they greatly surpassed Buze Bruvas 'cause they kinda in that same lane.

Nah imo its because they put out WAY too many projects and just totally saturated the market and people got bored... Theres a new project from someone within GxFR every week and most of them have the same sound...

I been a fan of theirs for over 10years, in the early days I was a GxFR stan but tbh I dont really get that excited by a new project anymore, in fact projects prolly pass me by because there are so many to keep up with...

Also when you drop too often:

a) people get bored of you and you lose some allure...

b) listeners dont get to spend enough time with one project because theres another a week later...

c) projects end up blending into one because they all got a similar sound...

Nah imo its because they put out WAY too many projects and just totally saturated the market and people got bored... Theres a new project from someone within GxFR every week and most of them have the same sound...

I been a fan of theirs for over 10years, in the early days I was a GxFR stan but tbh I dont really get that excited by a new project anymore, in fact projects prolly pass me by because there are so many to keep up with...

Also when you drop too often:

a) people get bored of you and you lose some allure...

b) listeners dont get to spend enough time with one project because theres another a week later...

c) projects end up blending into one because they all got a similar sound...
Give this guy a prize

Also seeing the posts of Westside being so extra sensitive on social made me think hes abit of a dick too, like hes arguing with fans for hours on social media ffs

He also thinks every project he drops is actual priceless art thats reinventing the wheel...

The Rock Eye Roll GIF by WWE

Last edited:
Beta does bring up a good point though

I legit can't remember which songs come off which projects

The Hitler wears Hermes projects sound damn near identical. I couldn't tell you which one Sensational Sherry was on

Beta does bring up a good point though

I legit can't remember which songs come off which projects

The Hitler wears Hermes projects sound damn near identical. I couldn't tell you which one Sensational Sherry was on
I can tell you what song came from any Freddie Gibbs project though

😎

They should’ve dropped one project every 3 years like this example

Benny 2019
Conway 2020
Westside 2021
Benny 2022
Conway 2023
Westside 2024

Shove the Griselda group album somewhere in there

You would be guaranteed 1 project a year as a fan, avoid oversatuation, and you would be able to tell which stuff is from which project

I think they were getting so much money dropping indi mixtapes and albums they saw it as hustling and thought strike whilst the iron is hot, its not like they were youngsters... Cant hate that, they were hustling and growing a huge, loyal fanbase whilst doing it...

TBH most of hip hop has that M.O today, as most artists drop new songs too often for my liking... in fact most genres drop way too often because of streaming and short attention spans... The worlds too fast to have couple mixtapes and one album every year or two and imo quality has dropped as a result...

Back in the day, albums were cohesive, even mixtapes songs sounded different and had a flow to them... '50 Bars' was off 'Guess Whos Back' and 'Solider' was off 'No Mercy'... Like others have said, tons of GxFR songs (especially the laters ones) might aswell be one giant mixtape...

No. I think the reason for their buzz dying down is that they've finally level-set from when they first emerged on the scene. Griselda is a niche, boutique label, with a niche, boutique style of music...and where they are now reflects that. Now that the novelty has worn off from them just bringing back an old unique sound that no one else was really doing, the people that were just around because that sound was refreshing are off it.

Their level of success right now it pretty much where it should be for artists like them.

Also seeing the posts of Westside being so extra sensitive on social made me think hes abit of a dick too, like hes arguing with fans for hours on social media ffs

He also thinks every project he drops is actual priceless art thats reinventing the wheel...

Talib jr.

I mean I remember a while ago saying that as much as I liked them they had a low ceiling depending on what you define as “success”. Put these dudes in the rap game pre the 2010s & they would have been golden for a long while.
They would not have popped like they did had they dropped in like 2007/2008/2009. They would’ve been in a sea of mix tape NY rappers trying to get on. They worked in the 2010’s because of timing.

Too many similar sounding projects, that they think is all unique classics. When in reality, they were just ok, with a couple fire tracks. I agree they should of released less and only the best of the best songs, but i disagree with the time frame some of yall listed. A project every 3 years is maybe for chart topping artists whos music gets played nonstop. These guys needed maybe a solid project every 6 months give or take, to keep them in peoples minds. And that constant weird fascination with Hitler themed mixtapes sure didnt help them when eyes started to get on them.

I also feel them being failed rappers/low level drug dealers until later in life, had them trying to make up for lost time when they finally got on. Lifestyle wise they were lowkey trying to keep up with the younger way bigger selling rappers. That too might of had them constantly pushing out shit to sell so they can keep funding the lifestyle.

They're too old to just be focused on short term gains and not a long term plan. This all plays into the maturity levels of older rappers we always talk about. Dudes 40 and up competing and acting like the 22 year old rappers. They should of been had most of that out their system.

Too many similar sounding projects, that they think is all unique classics. When in reality, they were just ok, with a couple fire tracks. I agree they should of released less and only the best of the best songs, but i disagree with the time frame some of yall listed. A project every 3 years is maybe for chart topping artists whos music gets played nonstop. These guys needed maybe a solid project every 6 months give or take, to keep them in peoples minds. And that constant weird fascination with Hitler themed mixtapes sure didnt help them when eyes started to get on them.
you wanna know how every 3 years would’ve been fine? Because you still get Griselda every year and you woulda got all 3 guys on each other’s project every year so you’re still not missing anybody as a fan

And that’s without considering them featuring on other songs

Nobody wants to hear Dusty NY Project Hallway music besides motherfuckers that are actually from there.

It's not good music. They are a novelty act that will never evolve because they are intentionally frozen in time.

Hip Hop is youth culture. It's in the name.

Back