Welcome To aBlackWeb

is this an accurate portrayal of your household?

I must admit, it does seem like a lot of niggas feel like their only role in parenting should be providing financially. I suspect that's why, when relationships or marriages dissolve, both mom and dad just assume that mom will be the primary parent and dad will have weekends...because he essentially has no idea how to or desire to actually care for his children in any real way other than financially.

Cold world.

Last edited:
I must admit, it does seem like a lot of niggas feel like their only role in parenting should be providing financially. I suspect that's why, when relationships or marriages dissolve, both mom and dad just assume that mom will be the primary parent and dad will have weekends...because he essentially has no idea how to or desire to actually care or his children in any real way other than financially.

Cold world.

Thanks for being honest

• Haha
Reactions: GNS
do you think that created a level of resentment in your relationship?
Nah, we both grew up in a family that dad's job was put a roof over their head, food on the table and clothes on their backs. With my youngest I helped all the time but then as she got older she started helping get the siblings that came after ready and so on and so forth. Mom not really doing it herself it was just I wasn't helping

No, and I don't know any two parent households that are like that.

I'm sure there are households like that, but I also believe that the exaggeration of how common it is is just more an example of some of these chicks trying to discredit men and fathers. If you got a do-nothing dude, stop trying to make it seem like every dude is like that.

Back