Welcome To aBlackWeb

Is the conscious community frauds?

Bruh, a lack of unity is a problem. Whether I believe in Umar or Tariq doesn't matter. There are plenty of people who do, and them beefing pointlessly and putting their supporters in a position where they end up taking sides does nothing but fracture the community. No, they aren't politicians, but so what? Politicians aren't really the people push for change, activists are. The politicians just respond to what the ground movements push. If the ground movements constantly stall out because the people are constantly at odds with each other, then nothing will ever happen.

The fact of the matter is that in 60s you had multiple groups. They all had the goal of black progression. They didn't necessarily agree with each other, but they didn't openly antagonize each other or do anything to undermine the efforts of the other groups. You can't say that now. It's not just Tariq and Umar. Across the board, you see a lot more of blacks bashing other blacks because of differences in opinion. I mean the word "coon" should only be used for people like Candace Owens who actively try to undermine efforts for black progress, but with the way its used, every black person is a coon. That doesn't just happen on the internet.

I hear you and yes we throw coon around whenever we see a black Republican or some sellout type shit and our viewpoints can be narrow. Honestly Tariq Nasheed and Dr Umar get more ridicule than taken seriously by the majority of black people. And I haven’t seen any of their supporters fight with each other over this. Yes they get some support but their views aren’t based on their messages but their shenanigans. We don’t see supporters of Corey Booker and Obama getting into it. I’m not saying don’t be realistic and be blind to our problems. But we can’t make these issues bigger when most of us don’t follow those guys.

I hear you and yes we throw coon around whenever we see a black Republican or some sellout type shit and our viewpoints can be narrow. Honestly Tariq Nasheed and Dr Umar get more ridicule than taken seriously by the majority of black people. And I haven’t seen any of their supporters fight with each other over this. Yes they get some support but their views aren’t based on their messages but their shenanigans. We don’t see supporters of Corey Booker and Obama getting into it. I’m not saying don’t be realistic and be blind to our problems. But we can’t make these issues bigger when most of us don’t follow those guys.

That's cause Obama and Booker are on the same side. They're both corporate bought. I get your point though. I might be being too pessimistic. It's just frustrating seeing us always going at each whether it be leaders feuding or chicks fighting at Walmart.

If I could curate my own Bible, Malcolm would have at least a few books in it. I study him damn near daily.

That said, I also study his teacher Elijah Muhammad who was very clear in the beginning of this speech:

Speaking to his followers, you DO NOT mock anybody. You don't mock white people even if they hate you and you don't mock black people even if they disagree with you. Malcolm did that on several occasions calling MLK an uncle Tom and even called him "Uncle Martin". He was out of line and the honorable Dr. Khalid Muhammad was for mocking Jesse Jackson.

Even though their criticisms where 100% true, they sacrificed what could have been formidable alliances just for the petty sake of name calling. Notice when Elijah Muhammad addressed MLK directly. He was straight to the point, didn't shy away from his critique, but remained respectful, brotherly and fatherly in his language:

I don't think it's ever been proven definitively that those people are descendents of Egyptians, but it's not new that they and others believe they are. That's why they are referred to as Gypsies.

Tariq is right.
You can start your research here to learn about The Dom people of Egypt.

"It comes as a surprise to many Egyptians that the word “Gypsy” originates from “Egyptian”: a medieval misconception linked to the mysterious Eastern travelers to Egypt."

The first sentence of the article you linked doesn't seem to support gypsies descending from Egyptians. Seems the opposite and that gypsies came to Egypt from the east.

Did I overlook the part where it says gypsies are descended from Egyptians?

"It comes as a surprise to many Egyptians that the word “Gypsy” originates from “Egyptian”: a medieval misconception linked to the mysterious Eastern travelers to Egypt."

The first sentence of the article you linked doesn't seem to support gypsies descending from Egyptians. Seems the opposite and that gypsies came to Egypt from the east.

That's where the word originated. The Romani as a people got the name gypsies because they supposedly migrated from Egypt. Whether that's actually true or not, who knows.

They not the Roma people descend from India white folks thought they were Egyptian. This nigga spreading blatantly fake new

Yes.
For one, the article is literally about The Dom people, gypsies that stayed in Egypt.
The Dom of today are even more likely to find they are descended from Egyptians.
That's just common sense.

Second, no one is denying that Gypsies have origins from the East, Tariq doesn't even say this.
And as the site I linked shows these Eastern nomads, also migrated to Egypt.
Mingling with the population, living life, and possibly migrating again to other places, like nomads do.
Like the ancestors of many of us today have done. People move, that's a common thing in life.
So yes, it's possible other Gypsies may find they are descended from Egyptians somewhere.

Yes.
For one, the article is literally about The Dom people, gypsies that stayed in Egypt.
The Dom of today are even more likely to find they are descended from Egyptians.
That's just common sense.

Second, no one is denying that Gypsies have origins from the East, Tariq doesn't even say this.
And as the site I linked shows these Eastern nomads, also migrated to Egypt.
Mingling with the population, living life, and possibly migrating again to other places, like nomads do.
Like the ancestors of many of us today have done. People move, that's a common thing in life.
So yes, it's possible other Gypsies may find they are descended from Egyptians somewhere.

Ok I looked up the Dom people. And yes they are in North Africa and were thought to be a branch of Romani and they might be related. Still not related to FBA tho.

Ok I looked up the Dom people. And yes they are in North Africa and were thought to be a branch of Romani and they might be related. Still not related to FBA tho.

Well, it could be deeper than just the Dom and Egypt connection.
The East where gypsies came from was once ruled by other African descendants till the Aryan invasions.
And yes, it was an invasion. Google is lying when calling it the Indo-Aryan "migration".

FBA related is also something that's a possibility.
Gypsies were considered slaves as well and could have been sold as trans-Atlantic or trans-Saharan slaves.
Or they may have simply migrated to America at some point. They are here now in fact.
More intermixing goes on and anything can pop up on the family tree.
So it wouldn't be far-fetched if somebody has a percentage of it if a genealogy test is done.

To be honest, this stuff ain't that far fetched. Stranger things have happened. It's logically in the realm of possibility.
I'd reckon most don't even know their history or care about Gypsy culture like that to truthfully say otherwise.
Folks are just looking for another reason to shit on the messenger, a strange obsession IMO.

Last edited:
Well, it could be deeper than just the Dom and Egypt connection.
The East where gypsies came from was once ruled by other African descendants till the Aryan invasions.
And yes, it was an invasion. Google is lying when calling it the Indo-Aryan "migration".

FBA related is also something that's a possibility.
Gypsies were considered slaves as well and could have been sold as trans-Atlantic or trans-Saharan slaves.
Or they may have simply migrated to America at some point. They are here now in fact.
More intermixing goes on and anything can pop up on the family tree.
So it wouldn't be far-fetched if somebody has a percentage of it if a genealogy test is done.

To be honest, this stuff ain't that far fetched. Stranger things have happened. It's logically in the realm of possibility.
I'd reckon most don't even know their history or care about Gypsy culture like that to truthfully say otherwise.
Folks are just looking for another reason to shit on the messenger, a strange obsession IMO.

It's not about shooting the messenger, it's about calling the messenger out on spreading false information.

Example: Native Americans are no longer called 'Indians' because we know the truth and Christopher Columbus was an idiot.

It's not about shooting the messenger, it's about calling the messenger out on spreading false information.

Example: Native Americans are no longer called 'Indians' because we know the truth and Christopher Columbus was an idiot.

Then at least prove it's false information first.

Back