Welcome To aBlackWeb

Is Steve Jobs The Smartest Person?

Name a few of his "innovations"
Innovate -
make changes in something established, especially by introducing new methods, ideas, or products.

Jobs' Innovations:
-Came up with the entire idea of mass producing and selling affordable desktop computers when most computers were still huge and super expensive at the time (and designed the layout of the internal components to make them fit in such a small body, even though Woz did most of the creating)
-Came up with the design for the case for the Apple II
-Came up with the idea for the iTunes Store
-Came up with the idea for the iPad
-Came up with the idea for the iPhone
-Drastically streamlined apple’s product line by 90% and shifted Apple’s focus from a dozen desktop computers to ONE - the iMac. From a bunch of portable shits to ONE laptop - the PowerBook, killed off the printers, etc, allowing Apple to narrow their focus
-Invented the single button mouse that almost all of us use today

I could go on. But you get the idea.

Innovate -
make changes in something established, especially by introducing new methods, ideas, or products.

Jobs' Innovations:
-Came up with the entire idea of mass producing and selling affordable desktop computers when most computers were still huge and super expensive at the time (and designed the layout of the internal components to make them fit in such a small body, even though Woz did most of the creating)
-Came up with the design for the case for the Apple II
-Came up with the idea for the iTunes Store
-Came up with the idea for the iPad
-Came up with the idea for the iPhone
-Drastically streamlined apple’s product line by 90% and shifted Apple’s focus from a dozen desktop computers to ONE - the iMac. From a bunch of portable shits to ONE laptop - the PowerBook, killed off the printers, etc, allowing Apple to narrow their focus
-Invented the single button mouse that almost all of us use today

I could go on. But you get the idea.

Touch-screen tablets existed before the iPad. In fact, Jobs clowned a Windows tablet shown by Bill Gates before the iPad came out. No innovation there.

Touch screen smartphones were already a thing for years before the iPhone and were made by companies like Palm, Hitachi (which I had), and many others and even those older models were far more capable than the first iPhone. No innovation there either.

Jerry Manock designed the shell for the Apple ][, not Steve Jobs. Not only did he design the Apple ][, he designed the Apple III, the Lisa, and the original Mac. His name is actually inscribed on the earliest Macs.

Douglas Engelbart created the first mouse in the late 60's, he owns the patent for it and it was designed with one button in it. As is always the case, Steve Jobs saw a working mouse and GUI desktop when he very famously toured Xerox's Palo Alto Research facility and copied all of it. Again, no innovation here, he ripped of what had already existed.

Jobs was also not the first person to come up with the idea of mass producing persona computers. Commodore had their PET on the market 6 months before Apple and this has been known for decades. However, the first mass market HOME computer belongs to Atari with the Atari 400 and 800 Home Computers.

Also, iTunes was originally nothing more than the old SoundJam MP mp3 player for the Mac rebranded and relabeled as "iTunes". Apple bought the rights to the software and did their thing to make it into iTunes.

iTunes Store wasn't new either. The original MP3.com was a place like a mix of iTunes, Spotify, and CDBaby all in one where artists could sell their music as streams, mp3's, or CD's. Major labels had music up on there from newer and some established artists but didn't add old music. iTunes Store was nothing more than that tied very closely with iTunes and the iPod to create an ecosystem of it's own whereas non-Apple users had their choice of desktop media player, stores (every major label had their own mp3/wma stores before iTunes Store), and hardware (mp3 players were made by a number of companies back then plus Smartphones were capable of playing both mp3 and wma at the time).

Again, Jobs took pre-existing shit, slapped a shiny coat on it, and marketed it to the world as "brand new". If he innovated anything, it was how to steal other people's work and get away with it.

I understand both povs from younggun and koncept,🤷🏾‍♂️

It might just be a matter of semantics at this point

Steve Jobs has a total of 1103 patents globally, out of which 960 have been granted. Of these 1103 patents that he has filed, more than 53% patents are active. The USA is where Steve Jobs has filed the maximum number of patents, followed by Australia and Taiwan.

Euclid from ancient greece pretty much invented how we do math. He came up with the 5 postulates that is the basis of math as we know it today.

If im gonna call anyone the smartest person ever, itll be someone like that who discovered/created something out of nothing.

Like damn can we count the folks who made algebra or the pyramids or something. Steve ain’t even invent anything.

Steve Jobs has a total of 1103 patents globally, out of which 960 have been granted. Of these 1103 patents that he has filed, more than 53% patents are active. The USA is where Steve Jobs has filed the maximum number of patents, followed by Australia and Taiwan.

They're his because he took the work of other people and patented it. When I worked in defense, it was standard practice for my company and pretty much every other (like Lockheed and Honeywell) that anything we created that could be patented would be owned by the company and, therefore, patented by that company. Jobs was notorious around Apple for taking credit for the work of a team and patent it as fast as possible if/when he saw that it could be used in a larger scope or if it was something likely to be in development by a competitor.

They're his because he took the work of other people and patented it. When I worked in defense, it was standard practice for my company and pretty much every other (like Lockheed and Honeywell) that anything we created that could be patented would be owned by the company and, therefore, patented by that company. Jobs was notorious around Apple for taking credit for the work of a team and patent it as fast as possible if/when he saw that it could be used in a larger scope or if it was something likely to be in development by a competitor.
You sign a contract when you're working for those companies that your ideas will be the companies. I know because I've done it as well. I also know someone who has his own patents that were his ideas

You've got a pretty obvious dislike for Jobs

Like damn can we count the folks who made algebra or the pyramids or something. Steve ain’t even invent anything.
Word. Euclid might not necessarily be the smartest, but I rather add the mfer who proved 1+1 is 2 and kicked off modern mathetics with rules that are still used today than Steve Jobs.

Not to say Jobs wasnt brilliant.

Its just levels.

We have a huge uptick in ADHD kids because our kids are smarter than the kids from yesteryear
this is highly debatable..........technology has actually dumbed down our children a lot

it's to the point that when we use objective measures for intelligence, our kids actually seem dumber than generations past

the internet and social media are basically helping us to achieve what happened in the movie "Idiocracy"

You sign a contract when you're working for those companies that your ideas will be the companies. I know because I've done it as well. I also know someone who has his own patents that were his ideas

You've got a pretty obvious dislike for Jobs

Not really, he was a great CEO but I don't look at him as being some kind of genius.

I was actually happy when he got back in control of Apple back in the late 90's 'cause Apple was on it's way out. I've owned a number of Macs and Powerbooks from back then. What I didn't like was how after he got in he started locking us owners out of new OS'es, forcing you to upgrade your hardware for no reason other than to force you to buy some new shit so they could make money unlike with Windows where if you could get it installed, so be it. Then Apple pissed me off when they bought Emagic and stopped all PC support for Logic.

Apple fanboys have elevated him to near God-like status, and he really wasn't even approaching that.

Not really, he was a great CEO but I don't look at him as being some kind of genius.

I was actually happy when he got back in control of Apple back in the late 90's 'cause Apple was on it's way out. I've owned a number of Macs and Powerbooks from back then. What I didn't like was how after he got in he started locking us owners out of new OS'es, forcing you to upgrade your hardware for no reason other than to force you to buy some new shit so they could make money unlike with Windows where if you could get it installed, so be it. Then Apple pissed me off when they bought Emagic and stopped all PC support for Logic.

Apple fanboys have elevated him to near God-like status, and he really wasn't even approaching that.
You've got to see it that you've got some real bias for him though right? Lol

this is highly debatable..........technology has actually dumbed down our children a lot

it's to the point that when we use objective measures for intelligence, our kids actually seem dumber than generations past

the internet and social media are basically helping us to achieve what happened in the movie "Idiocracy"
Because of technology, the average 10 year knows more than the smartest kids in your school when you were 10.

A 10 yearold of today can breakdown the concept of what it means to have someone gaslight you into believing things that aren’t true even if the evidence says other wise.

Cause an influencer that’s skilled at relaying information to children helped them understand a concept the average adult of today can’t understand.

Technology helps kids understand concepts in elementary school that it took adults of yesteryear decades to understand through learned experiences.

So they are smarter because the foundation that they learn from comes from an accumulation of info from previous generations.

But America is still designed and built around previous generations, so while we are still learning, they already know and are bored

Idiocracy is more a depiction of today’s baby boomers, and gen xers and millennials. All the information available to them and they still believe the earth is flat or Joe Biden is the reason the small rural town has no jobs.

Can’t understand basic civics because corporations have dumb them down, like believing Gatorade helps plants.

These kids weren’t the ones taking horse pills during covid, that was people our age, but our kids are dumb?

Last edited:
Jobs smarter than anyone here to reach where he was, regardless of how slimey you try to make it..

And the same goes for the majority of the folks out there like Elon and Bezos

Because of technology, the average 10 year knows more than the smartest kids in your school when you were 10.

A 10 yearold of today can breakdown the concept of what it means to have someone gaslight you into believing things that aren’t true even if the evidence says other wise.

Cause an influencer that’s skilled at relaying information to children helped them understand a concept the average adult of today can’t understand.

Technology helps kids understand concepts in elementary school that it took adults of yesteryear decades to understand through learned experiences.

So they are smarter because the foundation that they learn from comes from an accumulation of info from previous generations.

No, they really don't.

Take away their phones and find out how much they actually know. Give a 10 year old paper and pencil and ask him or her to solve a simple math problem for their grade level and they'll struggle to do it. Ask a 10 year old to evaluate whether a sentence has proper grammatical structure and, again, they'll struggle with it. Same for science, same for spelling. The over reliance on tech is crippling kids to the point where soon they won't be able to function without it.

Also, gaslighting is a terrible example because it really only came into prominence as something anyone even spoke of within the last 5-10 years.

No, they really don't.

Take away their phones and find out how much they actually know. Give a 10 year old paper and pencil and ask him or her to solve a simple math problem for their grade level and they'll struggle to do it. Ask a 10 year old to evaluate whether a sentence has proper grammatical structure and, again, they'll struggle with it. Same for science, same for spelling. The over reliance on tech is crippling kids to the point where soon they won't be able to function without it.

Also, gaslighting is a terrible example because it really only came into prominence as something anyone even spoke of within the last 5-10 years.
You think intelligence is in knowing things, when intelligence is in understanding and implementing concepts.

That’s why people see trump as a genius, trump doesn’t know much. What Trump does know and understand is the concept of people in relation to power and he masterfully excercises it.

Intelligence is more than computation power, that’s the way America perceives it.

So you see how many kids nowadays are millionaires through streaming? Basically doing nothing

How many of them are our age, in that, don’t you think that there’s something they understand about it more than the generations before them?

You think intelligence is in knowing things, when intelligence is in understanding and implementing concepts.

That’s why people see trump as a genius, trump doesn’t know much. What Trump does know and understand is the concept of people in relation to power and he masterfully excercises it.

Intelligent is more than computation power, that’s the way America perceives it.

I know what intelligence is and you're wrong: Intelligence encompasses acquired knowledge (i.e. "knowing things") as well as the ability to understand and utilize that acquired knowledge.

Kids nowadays have a hard time with understanding the abstract because they cannot perceive anything outside of what they see on a screen. The reason they suck at grammar is because they have a hard time with it conceptually because they don't have to use it online. They have a hard time with simple mathematical concepts because they have a calculator on their phones and can't move beyond that.

Touch-screen tablets existed before the iPad. In fact, Jobs clowned a Windows tablet shown by Bill Gates before the iPad came out. No innovation there.

Touch screen smartphones were already a thing for years before the iPhone and were made by companies like Palm, Hitachi (which I had), and many others and even those older models were far more capable than the first iPhone. No innovation there either.

Jerry Manock designed the shell for the Apple ][, not Steve Jobs. Not only did he design the Apple ][, he designed the Apple III, the Lisa, and the original Mac. His name is actually inscribed on the earliest Macs.

Douglas Engelbart created the first mouse in the late 60's, he owns the patent for it and it was designed with one button in it. As is always the case, Steve Jobs saw a working mouse and GUI desktop when he very famously toured Xerox's Palo Alto Research facility and copied all of it. Again, no innovation here, he ripped of what had already existed.

Jobs was also not the first person to come up with the idea of mass producing persona computers. Commodore had their PET on the market 6 months before Apple and this has been known for decades. However, the first mass market HOME computer belongs to Atari with the Atari 400 and 800 Home Computers.

Also, iTunes was originally nothing more than the old SoundJam MP mp3 player for the Mac rebranded and relabeled as "iTunes". Apple bought the rights to the software and did their thing to make it into iTunes.

iTunes Store wasn't new either. The original MP3.com was a place like a mix of iTunes, Spotify, and CDBaby all in one where artists could sell their music as streams, mp3's, or CD's. Major labels had music up on there from newer and some established artists but didn't add old music. iTunes Store was nothing more than that tied very closely with iTunes and the iPod to create an ecosystem of it's own whereas non-Apple users had their choice of desktop media player, stores (every major label had their own mp3/wma stores before iTunes Store), and hardware (mp3 players were made by a number of companies back then plus Smartphones were capable of playing both mp3 and wma at the time).

Again, Jobs took pre-existing shit, slapped a shiny coat on it, and marketed it to the world as "brand new". If he innovated anything, it was how to steal other people's work and get away with it.
Ok.

Back