Welcome To aBlackWeb

Poll Is Steph Curry The Greatest Point Guard of Alltime?

Greatest Point Guard of Alltime?

• Steph

• Magic

• Stockton

• Isiah

• Nash

• Kidd

• Oscar

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
Isiah could not routinely dominate games with his scoring my man. That is hyperbole and I think you know that.

Steph could dominate a game with his passing too.

Steph has dominated games without touching the ball ...
Zeke was averaging 20 so yes he could dominate games while also dishing 8 or 9 assists

1. It is true. ASSISTS are not synonymous with "playmaking" or "setting people up"

2. If you think Isiah Thomas was as impactful to winning as Steph Curry because they both won NBA Titles ... just stop watching basketball, fam.

Nig you sounding retarded now. Assist and being a point guard go hand and hand...what are you saying?

Why the f do you see Lebron running the point for his teams??

And you just skip pass what nigs post..I NEVER SAID ISIAH THOMAS was more IMPACTFUL than Curry...i said since they both won multiple titles you couldn't go wrong having anyone one of them as your point guard..

Don't change the context..I am not saying ISIAH thomas is a better player than curry. I am saying purely off the pos. and what the role of the pos. generally is. I would take zeke over curry on my team cause isiah can take over the game passing and scoring..You couldn't go wrong

Context.

Assist and being a point guard go hand and hand...what are you saying?

This is the flaw in your argument

Why the f do you see Lebron running the point for his teams??
Lerbon is a Small Forward

Everyone acknowledges this. He fulfills the "traditional duties" of a Small Forward AND he is also an ATG Playmaker.

No one penalizes him for it...

.I NEVER SAID ISIAH THOMAS was more IMPACTFUL than Curry...i said since they both won multiple titles you couldn't go wrong having anyone one of them as your point guard..

But we are not arguing "if you could 'go wrong' having either of them as your PG"

That is not really saying anything at all tbh

We are arguing "which player is better"

You could say "You can't go wrong with Carmelo Anthony or LeBron James as your SF"

Sure... I guess.

But who is better?

The answer is obvious

Don't change the context..I am not saying ISIAH thomas is a better player than curry. I am saying purely off the pos. and what the role of the pos. generally is. I would take zeke over curry cause isiah can take over the game passing and scoring..You couldn't go wrong

Context.

Steph Curry is a PG
Isiah Thomas was a PG

Steph Curry is a better player than Isiah Thomas

Therefore, Steph Curry is a better PG than Isiah Thomas

My man said dishing out assists isn't being a playmaker, I'm done in here
Let's say you got the rock at the top of the key. You direct traffic in the half court. You call for a screen and turn the corner off of it, you split the double team from the Big who jumps out, creating an advantage. You drive to the lane - but the 4 man steps up.

You skip the pass to the Player B across the court. The defense rotates, but he passes to a wide open player for a dunk in the paint.

WHO GOT THE ASSIST?

WHO MADE THE PLAY?

Steph is a Top 7 Playmker of all time.

The PG is supposed to focus on generating good offense

Steph is a GOAT Tier Offensive Engine

You can’t just ignore the dozens of things he’s All Time Great at because you don’t want to consider him a Point Guard

Lebron James isn’t a “traditional” SF either

MJ is probably the greatest offense generator ever. Was he a PG? No, because, while he could be a great playmaker when he wanted, he didn't generate most of that good offense off his playmaking. He generated it because of how much attention he called to himself. That's the same thing Steph does. Facilitating is not his focus like it was with Magic and classic PGs.

I'm not ignoring anything about him. He is an All Time Great, and by the time he retires, he probably will be top 10 all time. He just isn't a traditional PG and t hat's a fact. Lebron isn't a traditional SF. Jokic isn't a traditional C. None of these guys play traditional roles because the league has moved away from that.

Draymond is not even a playmaker my guy 😂

Ok, I'm not an expert or the most knowledgeable BBall fan on this site, but you clearly don't know what you're talking about. Cya.

Oh. We doing the "Stephs not a real point guard" debate. Again. Yall too ignorant to hold the floor.

Steph is the GOAT point guard. Twist yourselves in knots all you want to try and deny the truth.

Ha ha he in the convo..but put some respect on Magic Johnson's name....

Hate talking anything with crowds who never watched anyone out of their eras...

Game's changed but some nigs act like the game was just invented...

Unfair to the katz of yester years as it's unfair to the katz who play now...so many factors..

MJ is probably the greatest offense generator ever. Was he a PG? No, because, while he could be a great playmaker when he wanted, he didn't generate most of that good offense off his playmaking. He generated it because of how much attention he called to himself. That's the same thing Steph does. Facilitating is not his focus like it was with Magic and classic PGs.

I'm not ignoring anything about him. He is an All Time Great, and by the time he retires, he probably will be top 10 all time. He just isn't a traditional PG and t hat's a fact. Lebron isn't a traditional SF. Jokic isn't a traditional C. None of these guys play traditional roles because the league has moved away from that.

Ok, I'm not an expert or the most knowledgeable BBall fan on this site, but you clearly don't know what you're talking about. Cya.
MJ *may be the greatest offensive player ever and has a strong argument for the greatest player ever.
He's not the greatest offensive engine. There's quite a bit of data to support that.

If you're being ultra strict to the 'traditional paradigm of positions' that predates the modern era tbh. And it's kind of moot.

Some of the greatest players of our generation are not "traditional" so why is it even a talking point.

Y'all in this thread are trying to say Isiah Thomas, for example, is better than Steph because he's not a "Traditional PG". That's asinine

Is Andre Iguodala better than LeBron because he's a more "traditional SF". It a completely absurd talking point

Draymond is NOT a main playmaker. He is an ancillary playmaker with good vision. He can make high level reads within an offense where advantages are created by a main playmaker of the offensive system

Drop Draymond on Charlotte and tell him to be the main Playmaker. Put the ball in his hands and tell him to break down his defender off the dribble, run a pick and roll, manipulate a defense, consistently generate offense for his team.

Do you know what Draymond looked like on the Warriors without Steph?

I love Zeke. Personal fave. But come on.

Steph has more points, more rebounds, more all nba seasons, more all nba first team seasons, led the league in steals, led the league in scoring - twice, shoots a higher percentage, shoots a higher percentage from 3, shoots a higher from the line, has more rings, has more MVPs than Isiah.

Come. On.

So then we have to try and change it to a "real" point guard conversation. If yall don't take your John Havliceck head asses on somewhere with that. Steph is better than Isiah by a lot. It's Steph then Magic and then everybody else.

Hate talking anything with crowds who never watched anyone out of their eras...

Game's changed but some nigs act like the game was just invented...

Unfair to the katz of yester years as it's unfair to the katz who play now...so many factors..
Hate talking anything with crowds who are so rigid in their thinking that they ignore obvious truths.

Game's been around for a while but some nigs act like no one can improve on what was done before ...

Unfair to the katz of this era as it's unfair to the katz who played back then ...so many factors..

I know I'm going to get a lot of push back but by traditional standards John Stockton is not getting enough love in this conversation. The man was a great PG averaging 10.5 Assist. No rings but the man is a legendary point guard.

Based on the poll and traditional standards my top five

Magic
Isaiah
Curry
Stockton
Kidd

336944223_230847652758725_5476371280486679378_n.webp

iSiaH wAS beTtEr!

I love Zeke. Personal fave. But come on.

Steph has more points, more rebounds, more all nba seasons, more all nba first team seasons, led the league in steals, led the league in scoring - twice, shoots a higher percentage, shoots a higher percentage from 3, shoots a higher from the line, has more rings, has more MVPs than Isiah.

Come. On.

So then we have to try and change it to a "real" point guard conversation. If yall don't take your John Havliceck head asses on somewhere with that. Steph is better than Isiah by a lot. It's Steph then Magic and then everybody else.
Right. Like its a really absurd talking about when you sit back and think about it

Back