Welcome To aBlackWeb

Poll Is Steph Curry The Greatest Point Guard of Alltime?

Greatest Point Guard of Alltime?

• Steph

• Magic

• Stockton

• Isiah

• Nash

• Kidd

• Oscar

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
The PG role is supposed to focus on playmaking. Steph can do that, but he's nowhere near as good at it as Magic. On top of that, Magic has more championships, MVPs, and Finals MVPs.

The traditional positions aren't as relevant today though. The league has moved more towards positionless basketball. So Steph being called a PG doesn't really mean much. You could probably make the argument that he plays the SG role more than anything, but he doesn't want to claim that because the competition at that position is too great.

Even Steph said Magic career achievements are insane.

I don’t really look at Steph as a point guard, but if he is one for this exercise, I can’t put anyone above him besides Magic

The PG role is supposed to focus on playmaking. Steph can do that, but he's nowhere near as good at it as Magic. On top of that, Magic has more championships, MVPs, and Finals MVPs.

The traditional positions aren't as relevant today though. The league has moved more towards positionless basketball. So Steph being called a PG doesn't really mean much. You could probably make the argument that he plays the SG role more than anything, but he doesn't want to claim that because the competition at that position is too great.
Great post

hit the nail on the head.

Curry literally and figuratively changed the way the game is played. On top of all his hardware that has to count for the greatest outside of Magic. Anybody else is cap

Even Steph said Magic career achievements are insane.

I don’t really look at Steph as a point guard, but if he is one for this exercise, I can’t put anyone above him besides Magic

Its funny, I said this during the playoffs and there were a couple nigs looking at me like I didn't have a clue about ball.

He averages 6.5 assists for his career. That's plenty of playmaking, more than any shooting guard

Steph is a Top 7 Playmker of all time.

The PG is supposed to focus on generating good offense

Steph is a GOAT Tier Offensive Engine

You can’t just ignore the dozens of things he’s All Time Great at because you don’t want to consider him a Point Guard

Lebron James isn’t a “traditional” SF either

Back