Welcome To aBlackWeb

Is Snoop Culturally Bigger Than Jay-Z?

Kanye's shoes have arguably surpassed Jordan. His shoe's run Adidas, a global billion dollar brand.

And niggas is saying Snoop is the biggest culturally cuz of cooking shows?

FicklePalatableAmericanwigeon-max-1mb.gif

I meant to comment on this earlier, but forgot.

Goldie stop doing drugs bruh. Its got you randomly typing crazy shit. Jordans been hot over 30 years, fym Yeezys surpassed them? Only think Yeezy's probably surpassed Jordans, was in hype at their peak

I meant to comment on this earlier, but forgot.

Goldie stop doing drugs bruh. Its got you randomly typing crazy shit. Jordans been hot over 30 years, fym Yeezys surpassed them? Only think Yeezy's probably surpassed Jordans, was in hype at their peak
I can do a whole breakdown, but I'm good.

Even if you wanna reduce it to hype, my point still remains.The nigga has one of the most popular sneakers in the world. If he aint #1, he's #2.

If you go to stockx right now the first shoe you're gonna see is Kanye's.

The more I think about it, Snoop is no where near as popular as Kanye.

Even if you wanna reduce it to hype, my point still remains.The nigga has one of the most popular sneakers in the world. If he aint #1, he's #2.

KanYe could've probably surpassed the popularity and sales of Jordans but he blew it ... With his mental instabilities

Adidas however took the initial L when they decided not to give Jordan a lucrative contract in the 80s ...

KanYe could've probably surpassed the popularity and sales of Jordans but he blew it ... With his mental instabilities

Adidas however took the initial L when they decided not to give Jordan a lucrative contract in the 80s ...

Adidas didn't have the money like that back then, didn't they?

Adidas didn't have the money like that back then, didn't they?

Bro ...

Adidas were the biggest sports/athletic gear company in the world then ... Nike couldn't break bank and only made running shoes ...

The fact Nike is a multi billion dollar franchise today is mostly due to Michael Jordan

We all know the story of how Mike's moms forced him to sign for Nike cos he was an Adidas head

Bro ...

Adidas were the biggest sports/athletic gear company in the world then ... Nike couldn't break bank and only made running shoes ...

The fact Nike is a multi billion dollar franchise today is mostly due to Michael Jordan

We all know the story of how Mike's moms forced him to sign for Nike cos he was an Adidas head

Gotcha

Wasn't MJ a huge Converse head too and wanted sign with them too?

Or am I thinking of someone else

Snoop Dogg is not only culturally bigger than Jay-Z, he is culturally bigger than any single figure in hip hop.

I'm 35. My mom is 55. My daughter is 1. I was 5 when Doggystyle came out. I vividly remember my parents, relatives, and family friends drinking, smoking, and partying to Snoop Doggs music. Kris Kross Jump, OPP, and Gin N Juice were the first rap songs I learned the words from.

This nigga is so fucking famous that when I had a party during the Olympics every older person in there was actively paying attention to the sports because of Snoop. They all instantly recognized him and felt like they were watching the fucking Olympics with this nigga.

Our daughter watches some shows on YouTube and this nigga Snoop Dogg has a whole fucking cartoon series called Doggyland. At the beginning of all of the videos Snoop says Bow Wow Wow. My daughter knows like 6 words. Mama, dada, look, hey, and bow wow wow. She even recognized Snoop's voice. When he was performing in LA at the end of the Olympics I turned the TV up and she instantly recognized his voice and started doing the dances from his cartoon.

Snoop is the most recognizable figure in hip hop. Jay-Z is up there but he might not even be top 5 most recognizable.

Snoop, Will Smith, Ice Cube, Eminem, 50 Cent, LL Cool J, might all be bigger culturally than Jay.

Niggaz conflating being the wealthiest Hip-hop artiste (which JAY-Z is, which obviously attracts attention in the media) with being actually popular and accessible... Jigg also married to the most popular pop star in the world currently so he'll somehow someway be seen as a black cultural collosus

However Snoop Dogg is literally an institution in itself... Nigga even featuring in commercials (called adverts) here in the UK... Guest appearances with other artistes probably nearing four figures... Who hasn't collabed with Snoop in the music industry outside Hip-hop too? ...

Snoop amongst my favourite rappers so I check for every new album release

And like @LurkerSix said... He's unfiltered in public

Niggaz conflating being the wealthiest Hip-hop artiste (which JAY-Z is, which obviously attracts attention in the media) with being actually popular and accessible... Jigg also married to the most popular pop star in the world currently so he'll somehow someway be seen as a black cultural collosus

However Snoop Dogg is literally an institution in itself... Nigga even featuring in commercials (called adverts) here in the UK... Guest appearances with other artistes probably nearing four figures... Who hasn't collabed with Snoop in the music industry outside Hip-hop too? ...

Snoop amongst my favourite rappers so I check for every new album release

And like @LurkerSix said... He's unfiltered in public

He's also on a crazy sports run right now too. Within a 5 year span Snoop will have performed the halftime show at the Super Bowl in LA, Hosted a Wrestlemania in LA, Host and was a Torch bearer at the Olympics in Paris, host the 2028 Olympics in LA.

He's also on 3 Primetime TV shows and has multiple children's shows. He also has prime advertising during NFL games for multiple brands including Corona.

Outside of music, the average person does not know what Jay-Z is up to. He is definitely Beyonce's husband to a lot more people globally than niggas want to admit.

Meanwhile, Snoop Doggy Dogg was holding the fucking Olympic torch in fucking Paris and crip walking on the track & field.

He's also on a crazy sports run right now too. Within a 5 year span Snoop will have performed the halftime show at the Super Bowl in LA, Hosted a Wrestlemania in LA, Host and was a Torch bearer at the Olympics in Paris, host the 2028 Olympics in LA.

He's also on 3 Primetime TV shows and has multiple children's shows. He also has prime advertising during NFL games for multiple brands including Corona.

Outside of music, the average person does not know what Jay-Z is up to. He is definitely Beyonce's husband to a lot more people globally than niggas want to admit.

Meanwhile, Snoop Doggy Dogg was holding the fucking Olympic torch in fucking Paris and crip walking on the track & field.

@Goldie dont wanna hear that shit.

"hes married to beyonce!"

910e4406-4ecf-47e0-8379-47e3ef62d7bc_text.gif

"he made blueprint"

lol FOH

I lived in 3 states in the past 10 years. I haven't heard a single Jay song played out loud since I left NY. My Brooklyn bias makes me wanna say no, but the reality is Jay is only revered in NY... Snoop is an icon worldwide.
I'm gonna ask where you be, because I definitely hear him out Florida, MD, Jerz, VA, and PA

On another note what site y’all get y’all Yeezys from?

No doubt Kanye was a force in fashion and is defo an icon but hes not really doing sh!t to stay relevant these days apart from walk around Italy with that half naked chick...

Yeezys arnt popping like they were either, I actually really liked the silhouette but Ive not seen anyone rocking Yeezys over here in years...

I wouldnt wear Yeezys if you paid me tbh unless they were beaters, to me those joints are played out but I could defo see them catching fire and become hot again but that flyknit thing seems to have passed...

Adidas's problem is they dont have many timeless legacy silhouettes that they can bank on to last for 10/20/30yrs and the ones they do have are reasonably priced like Sambas, Gazelles, Stan Smiths and Shell Toes to a degree too but they arnt big $100+ sneakers like Air Maxs for example...

Adidas's Sambas and Gazelles have made a HUGE comeback in the last couple years tbf but the hype will die down soon and they will return back their loyal fanbase...

ATM other than Sambas and Gazelles, Adidas havnt seemed to have had a hot sneaker for a few years.. Like the Adidas Boosts and Yeezys got hot and were huge for a few years than lost hype and got old quick... Then they had nothing huge of note to take the place...

Nike have so many timeless classic silhouettes they can bring out the a vault and retro its crazy, in the last few years from Prestos, numerous Air Maxs, AF1s, Blazers, Huaraches, Jordans, Cortez, Pegasus 89s, Waffles, Dunks etc the list is endless and now the Nike Sunder is being pushed out as new retro... Adidas cant do that...

Nike are always pushing the boundaries on new running sneaks etc too whereas Adidas dont really, the Boost was a huge new sneaker for them but again it didnt last long...

With that being said even Nike are losing maketspace for sure, ON and Hoka etc are really popping theses days... Ive seen tons of folks rocking them this summer, not just in the gym either... Especially ON...

My bad, that turned out a long post... TLDR: SNOOP IS BIGGER LOL

Last edited:
Back