Welcome To aBlackWeb

Is Reading Overrated?

99.9% are pretentious fucks, that shit only works with the feeble minded.

I know you gotta get computers putin and shit but that's just a 100% false statement.

Godfather the book is so much better than the movie its crazy the shit really not even comparable and the movie is great

Mystic River the book is the same as well.

The book ending to GOT will more than likely be better than the bullshit HBO is about to do, but if i could take the books or the show i'm taking the show :js4: and most of yall would too.

i don't read much non-fiction though....i do want to read Malcolm x autobiography..

i think it's time...

i just get bored with non-fiction

Fam, that wasn't required reading for y'all in school? You need to get on that ASAP.

The book ending to GOT will more than likely be better than the bullshit HBO is about to do, but if i could take the books or the show i'm taking the show :js4: and most of yall would too.
all i'm saying is that they're different experiences.....you may like the visuals hbo provides better than your own imagination reading the words... but many people prefer the written..

adaptations change a lot....sometimes for the better.....i wasn't even aware of GO boks until the show was literally a cultural phenomenon...

the show is clearly more popular, so it ultimately might be better....

doesn't mean that the source material is overrated....

Reading is underrated af. The more I rely on smart phones and shows and movies to get my entertainment, I've been reading for fun much less and its honestly one of the things I dislike about myself now cuz I used to read so much when I was younger. Like I used to live in Borders (RIP). My attention span is so trash that i cant read anymore lol. I've noticed my vocab has fallen off and I'm not retaining information as well.

I will say a lot of the stuff I read was based on my knowledge of a movie or show it came from tho. So take from that what you will.

Last edited:
Fam, that wasn't required reading for y'all in school? You need to get on that ASAP.
bruh our required reading list was so fucking extensive....

i went to a literary arts highschool, their goal was to expose us to shit we wouldn't be exposed to otherwise...

malcolm x autobiography was always suggested reading, just not required....i barely touched the suggested.....the required was overwhelming as fuck

bruh our required reading list was so fucking extensive....

i went to a literary arts highschool, their goal was to expose us to shit we wouldn't be exposed to otherwise...

malcolm x autobiography was always suggested reading, just not required....i barely touched the suggested.....the required was overwhelming as fuck

that's 150% the reaction every time someone asked what highschool i went to

we had course on different religions, anthropology,we had to have 2 foreign languages, Latin was mandatory as we said the pledge of allegiance in latin every morning, philosophy classes, theater, several music classes, and all had required reading...shit was quite the experience

Last edited:
The only way this generation will actually read and stay reading is if you were to drop a book in a Twitter-style format.

Attention spans are so damn short and the majority of ppl can't stay away from their phones. They'll spend less than 30 minutes reading a book but spend hours on social media consuming static.

It's absolutely not overrated, it's underrated, especially non-fiction books. I'm not much into fiction, tbh. I don't find it that appealing, although I do read them.

Audiobooks are good sht, idk if you can call it reading..but it kinda is..

I only like audiobooks if I've finished the book. Then I'll listen to it another time when I'm driving or have headphones in while drawing or doing whatever else.

I've been reading a lot of Memoirs/Autobiographies lately.

I havent finished any of them, but at home i got the My Infamous Life by Prodigy, RAW by U God, Scarface's autobio, Doug Stanhopes Autobio, This Might get a little heavy by Ralphie May, the Autobio by Marc Maron and a couple others. I like to read, but i get distracted by a lot of things like Video games or something on TV ive been wanting to watch haha. I try to read at the very least a chapter before i go to bed though.

Besides that I like reading Fantasy, comicbooks of course, Horror, and some Non Fiction stuff.

Have you read Anthony Kiedis' Scar Tissue??

Reading is underrated af. The more I rely on smart phones and shows and movies to get my entertainment, I've been reading for fun much less and its honestly one of the things I dislike about myself now cuz I used to read so much when I was younger. Like I used to live in Borders (RIP).
I will say a lot of the stuff I read was based on my knowledge of a movie or show it came from tho. So take from that what you will.

This is me. My vocab game used to be so crazy and I used to love reading/writing now I can't even bring myself to pick up a book smh if I do then i'll read for like 10-15 mins and then jump off to something else.

Currently reading my old hardcopy of Stephen King's The Stand....

I've returned to it after over a decade of abandonment... I want to exorcise from WiFi for a certain period of time

This thread has inspired me to start the Game of thrones audio book that's free on YouTube. Thanks guys.

As a person who read the books and the show. Im bout 50 50 on it. The show has the visual outside of my own imagination. But the books have the depth and history to it

Back