Welcome To aBlackWeb

Is Reading Overrated?

lol i never read the book, i only heard through posts on here and vids on youtube that certain parts were changed, left out or added. This thread isn't specifically about GOT or even about movies. I was actually thinking about the difference between books and tv in a learning capacity.

Either way, i'll much rather see a car crash or see somebody getting their ass beat than to read about it.

Yall niggas can read about a boxing match, i'm sure the writer would cook up some dope ass imagery, but at the end of the time, watching it>>>>.
So then wouldn't playing the car crash/controlling the boxer be better than both by your logic? You have both the visuals and the hands on control in that situation.

Reading you have to actively use your mind and tends to be more focused. Watching the tele your mind doesnt have to think, same with listening to podcasts etc.

Yea i'm not rollin lol Maybe i'm a psycho but I'm actively using my brain when i watch movies or docs , etc. Technically you're listening, watching and thinking when you're watching tv, when you're reading you're only thinking. Which one seems more work for the brain? :think2:

In your examples you are taking about instructional reading. Instructions are meant to be performed.

We are taking about informative/entertainment reading.

lol I was trollin with the first few, but the last one was my real point

So then wouldn't playing the car crash/controlling the boxer be better than both by your logic? You have both the visuals and the hands on control in that situation.

Video games?

If so I would be creating the story, I'm now the storyteller instead of the the spectator. Apples and oranges.

like take the godfather..

you know why niggaz as scared of luca brasi..

he threw a fucking baby in a fireplace....

that shit never made the movie

A few things I want to point out

-Goldie, you like the show but the creators and writers all read the books. Without them, there is no show. So you liking the show is a byproduct of them doing all the heavy lifting by reading the book. Why do you think some of the actors picked to play the characters came to be? Or the demeanor of the characters? The author described them as such. Ofc with TV, you have to be able to take those words and make them captivating to an audience. Same with comics

-while reading can be beneficial, it can be detrimental af because too often people just read shit that further supports whatever position they want to take on a subject then say some of the things you are labeling as pretentious. "Well Dr so and so said in their book xyz", completely disregarding and possible agenda there may be. It can be an echo chamber for the weak and easily influenced

Just last month, tariq nasheed was telling people that a Black man created the Russian language which was false on so many levels. But but, he read something that told him that and without doing his proper research, he spread that message to the many followers he has and they just took the shit at face value

So you liking the show is a byproduct of them doing all the heavy lifting by reading the book. Why do you think some of the actors picked to play the characters came to be? Or the demeanor of the characters? The author described them as such.

The story had to make it to paper first, ie a script. That doesn't mean it's better fam.

The only downside wit reading a book that turns into a movie...is the fact that everyone has this preconceived notion in their head of what a character looks like. But when the movie drops and the character isn't what THEY imagined them to be...they get in an uproar and shyt on the movie.

Perfect example...when Hunger Games dropped and Rue was casted as a black girl. My goodness the "outrage" (mostly wypipo) that followed when the movie came out. Smh. Never read the book, but did they describe the race of her character?

Video games?

If so I would be creating the story, I'm now the storyteller instead of the the spectator. Apples and oranges.
Nah, most video games have a linear story. GoW still gonna Kratos merking gods no matter how you choose to play.

Nah, most video games have a linear story. GoW still gonna Kratos merking gods no matter how you choose to play.
giphy.gif

I expect better retorts from you fam.

Go back to the drawing with this shit.

Reading will never be my first option but I cannot lie a good book is bomb! I have a big imagination which to me makes the book so great.

fight club, favorite movie of all time, hated the book

Thats my favourite movie as well and I read the book afterwards... didnt have an issue with it particularly... Book just added another layer that wasn't there before and expanded on what I had already seen in the film.. more detail etc.

Not sure how my opinion would be if I read the book first and saw the film after though...

What'd you hate about that shit?

Why do u think it's more popular? Cuz it's better lol Simple logic.
cuz it's easier.

people are lazy...

people don't want to use their imagination, they want the movie to do it for them.

like look at umbrella academy...people had mad questions, and when i told them to look up the source material, they act like that was too much work..

where as i couldn't wait to look it up...

comic books movies and tv shows, tell me people to look up the issue, it's too much work.. people are very lazy and time sensitive.. they don't wanna waste their time on stuff they requires concentration.....

some people only do books on tape so they can listen while driving....

cuz it's easier.

people are lazy...

people don't want to use their imagination, they want the movie to do it for them.

like look at umbrella academy...people had mad questions, and when i told them to look up the source material, they act like that was too much work..

where as i couldn't wait to look it up...

comic books movies and tv shows, tell me people to look up the issue, it's too much work.. people are very lazy and time sensitive.. they don't wanna waste their time on stuff they requires concentration.....

some people only do books on tape so they can listen while driving....

Yall got me there.

Quick question:

Would u rather watch a boxing match or read about it?

Back