Welcome To aBlackWeb

Is Kamala Harris The Best Candidate For Black People?

The article is pointing out that the study claiming 53% price gouging is misinterpreting production and consumer price indices and also cherry picking a very small window, when expanded actually contradicts their claim, even based on their own logic.

Now I'm not saying price gouging isn't happening or denying that it got worse after COVID, I'm really just trying to understand whether it's the main driving force for overall inflation and if there's a study that accurately gives us a number as to what extent it's a factor.

Price gouging was never driving cause for inflation. Covid's impact on the supply chains was, and it was later exacerbated by the other things like the war with Ukraine. I told you before, it's going to be hard to find some kind of silver bullet number because price gouging isn't exactly something that every company in ever sector does the same.

You can take a look at that site. They reference the report and number you're talking about. However, they also mention examples of actual gouging and give quotes from CEOs basically that they are going to continue raising prices even though their costs have decreased. We don't need a number to know they shouldn't be allowed to fleece the public like that.

Price gouging was never driving cause for inflation. Covid's impact on the supply chains was, and it was later exacerbated by the other things like the war with Ukraine. I told you before, it's going to be hard to find some kind of silver bullet number because price gouging isn't exactly something that every company in ever sector does the same.

You can take a look at that site. They reference the report and number you're talking about. However, they also mention examples of actual gouging and give quotes from CEOs basically that they are going to continue raising prices even though their costs have decreased. We don't need a number to know they shouldn't be allowed to fleece the public like that.
Like I’ve been saying, they’re milking profits for as long as they can. They were using high inflation as a cover for their price gouging.

Take the company I work for. We forecast inflation then do all kinds of savings projects on the cost side to mitigate that inflation so it’s a net zero impact to the bottom line. This is typical of any supply chain financing department.

In 2023 we forecasted inflation that never really materialized, still raised prices. In 2024 forecasted very little inflation, still raised prices.

I’m sure in 2021 and 2022 inflation was real and increases were warranted, but it’s not been nearly as bad since and prices were going up anyway.

You aight but don't flatter yaself

Bout time you caught up to genetics tho

lol I'd a science dude man. I was never not up on the genetics. I just said it doesn't interest me as much as the historical research of older civilizations. It think it can be good ammo when arguing with people trying to discredit Black/African accomplishments. I just don't really give a shit about things like what haplogroups the ancient Jews presented. I get that's your thing though, so it's all good.

lol I'd a science dude man. I was never not up on the genetics. I just said it doesn't interest me as much as the historical research of older civilizations. It think it can be good ammo when arguing with people trying to discredit Black/African accomplishments. I just don't really give a shit about things like what haplogroups the ancient Jews presented. I get that's your thing though, so it's all good.
them skinheads and MENA fuckers are assholes with alternative facts.

Keep ya eye on that Denzel Hannibal movie.

Another point someone tried to make was about the cost of fuel and how that drives higher costs and thus higher prices.

Since I’ve been in supply chain finance, I saw ocean freight prices out of China as high as $20k a container in 2021-2022, mainly due to supply chain issues reported in the news at the time.

In 2023, they came back down to the normal of around $5k per container. Container rates are pretty standard across industries.

And guess what, prices still went up.

And labor wages didn’t go up that much in that time.

These big companies have a lot of negotiating power with vendors so raw materials weren’t really an issue either.

So there’s not really any other driver for these high prices than gouging.

The last article I posted disputes the 53% number in your article. According to the article I posted 53% accounts for a very small window during a four year period (specifically 2nd and 3rd quarter of 2023). Add to that they explain the formula they used to come up with their figures is flawed.

Then u also have to take into account that states already have diff laws against price gouging. I'm not too familiar with each law but how effective are they if price gouging is as rampant as being claimed?

Last edited:
Another point someone tried to make was about the cost of fuel and how that drives higher costs and thus higher prices.

Since I’ve been in supply chain finance, I saw ocean freight prices out of China as high as $20k a container in 2021-2022, mainly due to supply chain issues reported in the news at the time.

In 2023, they came back down to the normal of around $5k per container. Container rates are pretty standard across industries.

And guess what, prices still went up.

And labor wages didn’t go up that much in that time.

These big companies have a lot of negotiating power with vendors so raw materials weren’t really an issue either.

So there’s not really any other driver for these high prices than gouging.
So this made me think about the Houthi rebels in the Suez Canal and eventually led me to this article that cites diff reasons for why prices are going up.

The last article I posted disputes the 53% number in your article. According to the article I posted 53% accounts for a very small window during a four year period (specifically 2nd and 3rd quarter of 2023). Add to that they explain the formula they used to come up with their figures is flawed.

Then u also have to take into account that states already have diff laws against price gouging. I'm not too familiar with each law but how effective are they if price gouging is as rampant as being claimed?

I think you missed the point of my post. I wasn't giving you that as a reference in favor of that 53% number. I was putting that out there to show that the number doesn't really matter. There are clear examples of gouging for particular products and corporations have admitted to do it it. So whether it's happening isn't a question, which I believe you agree on. So, if we agree that price gouging is happening and it's something that shouldn't be happening, then we should agree that any effort Kamala makes to stamp it out should be a good thing. Even if they are only partially successful that should help some people. That really all presidents can ever do with any action is help some people. It's better to have someone in office who's going to try and help people that actually need it rather than just helping rich people who don't.

You be gassing niggas

That was light because abw is full of dickriders.

Im glad I don't have the same logic because I don't have regrets about the covid shot that you niggas was frontin about.
Man click lol and keep it pushing b

Back