Welcome To aBlackWeb

Is Kamala Harris The Best Candidate For Black People?

I agree with you here

This is why I'm all in support of pushing trades and construction on young men who don't aspire to go to college or have the capacity or bandwidth to do so.

Not every kid that dribbles a ball gonna be LeBron and that's ok.

We need more people in the construction industry and not more rappers and entertainers

I've said it before on here, and funny enough you can actually hear folks talk about it too on some of these 90s/2000s TV show rewatch podcast, just how much the "go to college or you'll be nothing in life" was pushed through the media. Legit has people til this day thinking that trade jobs are bottom of the barrel work and careers. That shit brainwashed an entire generation or 2 into devaluing trade work

I've said it before on here, and funny enough you can actually hear folks talk about it too on some of these 90s/2000s TV show rewatch podcast, just how much the "go to college or you'll be nothing in life" was pushed through the media. Legit has people til this day thinking that trade jobs are bottom of the barrel work and careers. That shit brainwashed an entire generation or 2 into devaluing trade work
One of my employees has a husband that owns his own HVAC company and it pretty successful. The son works with the dad. He's trying to pass it down to their son but he outchea wasting his money on studio time trying to be a rapper🤦🏾‍♂️

I remember going to a SAT prep class in high school and the teacher said that if you didn’t get a high SAT score then you’d have to “settle” for community college. The initials for the local community college was BCC. He called it Beer Can College and my young and dumb self believed it lol. Nothing wrong with community college

I don’t regret going to college because I had a great time at I got a degree but I hate that they made it seem that it’s college or nothing. Fuck that

I remember going to a SAT prep class in high school and the teacher said that if you didn’t get a high SAT score then you’d have to “settle” for community college. The initials for the local community college was BCC. He called it Beer Can College and my young and dumb self believed it lol. Nothing wrong with community college

I don’t regret going to college because I had a great time at I got a degree but I hate that they made it seem that it’s college or nothing. Fuck that

Yeah nothing wrong with it at all. I did a year at PGCC before I went to a major 4 year and it helped alot. I remember my high school had a tech program where you'd take your normal classes during the 1st part of the day and then spend the next on a trade you chose or vice versa. And folks would clown people going into those programs as not being smarter and taking an easy way out. Shit was dumb as hell to clown somebody for learning a life skill that can also keep you employed.

Im in the same boat as you. I loved going to college but I do hate that it was done under "go to college or you'll fail" because that detoured alot of people into college classrooms that had talent and skills that could've been nurtured elsewhere

I agree with you here

This is why I'm all in support of pushing trades and construction on young men who don't aspire to go to college or have the capacity or bandwidth to do so.

We need more people in the construction industry and not more rappers and entertainers
trades and construction is the best thing for a young man/woman to get into. I tell every young person I know this

I would like for Kamala and her team to make some strides in this area for black people. Not sure how to implement it but the education system is in dire need of a repair.

We need less people in debt, not more

Kamala's Blackness doesn't matter...

But let's just say, in any other country and to any other people in the world... Kamala ain't Black lol.

She's going by mixed race and keeping it moving.

Black Americans need to stop forcing the high yellow pretty women of the world back to the colorline.

Y'all got my baby Tyla saying she's Black when she's not.

And I don't even know why niggas pretending they care what Kamala does in office.

Y'all voting for her anyway. She could go up to the stage and take literal a shit and y'all would vote for her.

She and her party gonna do what they wanna do regardless of what you want. They've done it for the past 40 years.

Y'all saw how Obama was when it came to Black Americans asking for concessions.

Kamala gonna be worse.

She gonna say, "Nigga please" and stroll her ass to the White House and y'all gonna clap.

Last edited:
Kamala's Blackness doesn't matter...

But let's just say, in any other country and to any other people in their world... Kamala ain't Black lol.

She's going by Mixed Race and keeping it moving.

And I don't even know why niggas pretending they care what Kamala does in office.

Y'all voting for her anyway and her and her party gonna do what they wanna do regardless like they've done for the past 40 years.
Ok

Infrastructure????

I laugh at that because I worked in the construction business and some niggaz just don't want to get dirty or work with their hands. They very good at talking tho

The construction business is no joke.
You gotta work yo.....

These Mexicans & Dominicans outnumber black folks in the construction business.

The government been putting money in infrastructure since Obama but I don't think black folks are taking advantage of it like these Mexicans & Dominicans are.

It's not something that started recently.
It's been going on for 15 years at least.

No lie I’m not trying to do it lol but it plenty niggas working trades who don’t mind it and they would like to have somewhere nice to live

No lie I’m not trying to do it lol but it plenty niggas working trades who don’t mind it and they would like to have somewhere nice to live
I think I mentioned my wife's cousin's husband. Nigga got drug offenses in his record. Said "fuck it" and went for boilermaker training. Made apprentice, then journeyman, and finally master boilermaker. Making figures, nice ass crib, cars, and alladat these days.

I agree with you here

To me.... less debt compared to guys still paying for college loans....

And recession proof.
Your hands will always get you paid.

A truck license with all types of endorsements is a big plus in the construction business.
And I'm not talking about those Autonomous trucks that can self drive.
You can be just a Laborer or an experienced Foreman traveling state to state and staying at hotels getting paid per diem with your regular pay. Construction companies partner with other contractors statewide on-site at major disasters.

It's a lot of hours but the money is good.
Just have to have good work ethics and willing to learn and move up the ladder.

The Public sector is a little different when it comes to infrastructure and I feel black folks are taking advantage of that.
Private sector pays more tho

I think it’s her mom claiming to be Caucasian. But it clearly says place of birth is India.

And father is still listed as Jamaican which would still make her black.

So I don’t know what the big reveal is really.
His Jamaican doesn't equal black. He's Hindu and Irish

A Hindu Irish cop listed as Caucasian married to a white man who promised to do nothing for black people is your black woman

That's how low yall bar is

His Jamaican doesn't equal black. He's Hindu and Irish

A Hindu Irish cop listed as Caucasian married to a white man who promised to do nothing for black people is your black woman

That's how low yall bar is
She’s not listed as Caucasian though, her mother is. It’s weird but who cares?

And her dad is Hindu Irish now?

Why you so invested in this narrative?

Back