Welcome To aBlackWeb

Is Kamala Harris The Best Candidate For Black People?

Does your vote still matter in if your state is going to vote for Democrat/Republican anyway?

No it doesn't matter. I think some states may split electoral votes based on % of votes (i could be remembering that wrong though). It'd matter there. But if you're a Democrat in Mississippi, your presidential vote doesnt matter.

A couple of folks was literally saying he’s a culture vulture. He’s not black Because he has a white mother and was raised by her. Or he “jacking” black culture, literally the same argument.

I have post in that thread talking about how being black is not something you can do or stride to be.

You’re either born black or you’re not.

Harris is a black woman no matter what she does culturally or not.

Damn near the entire internet been on that wave about what being black is and a handful on here.

Being black is something you are not what you choose to be. Being black culturally is not really a thing. Everything is region and earnings base when it comes to culture

There are certain things that are culturally Black and that's not a bad thing. When this topic came up before I used the example of if you grew up in a house with Black women then you know what it "smells like" when a Black woman is getting or has got her hair done. I don't disagree that Harris is a Black woman. But the comparison to Drake is off. The shots at Drake were about him not being comfortable in his Blackness and not being secure in who he is. What people are saying in favor of Kamala is the exact opposite. That she's always been secure in that she's a Black woman.

There are certain things that are culturally Black and that's not a bad thing. When this topic came up before I used the example of if you grew up in a house with Black women then you know what it "smells like" when a Black woman is getting or has got her hair done. I don't disagree that Harris is a Black woman. But the comparison to Drake is off. The shots at Drake were about him not being comfortable in his Blackness and not being secure in who he is. What people are saying in favor of Kamala is the exact opposite. That she's always been secure in that she's a Black woman.
It was both regarding drake.

It’s weird to question anybody “comfort” regarding their race. FYI

Not mad at the intent here.

On point one.. how would an 80% tax break or no taxes make people get a job?
No issues with point 2.. just gotta figure out the logistics. Does that include transportation to schools that may be farther away from their residence?
On point three im not sure how you gonna get that "no matter the credit score" shit to fly. It would already be a hard sell without that

Reparations in the form of cash. I know we think niggas and money will be soon parted but not me.

Infrastructure needs repair in our communities and hiring black workers with resources and training is a good way to boost some type of economy. I feel like the Aberdeen Farms model can work. Like some new deal type of shit.

Along with infrastructure that includes schools and roads and streets needing overhauls and I feel like while that’s more a state issue the feds need to lean on them more to fix some shit

No more life appointment for Supreme Court justices.

Intensified scrutiny on police and their actions no immunities no special treatment.

Less foreign war intervention unless we are stopping a genocide.

Stop sponsoring and destabilizing nations making bigger messes that we have to deal with.

No support for Israel at all

Not really. There are some Black people who are uncomfortable around Black people and being associated with things seen as "Black". I've been around them. It's kinda funny actually to see it in real time.
Let me clarify

I know that’s a thing for any race. It just weird to do.

Now this shit needs to be addressed

Btw....I forgot to comment on this but this is real but not real by what's in the comments. This receipt is from more than likely a group home or elderly home who are in charge of their patients. That large amount is from each individual patient who gets benefits from the government but it's ran by the homes and is looked over by the government. So the amount is high because it's for multiple people.

If you know anyone who owns a group home or deals elderly people in one of those type establishments you can ask them and see that is real.

Btw....I forgot to comment on this but this is real but not real by what's in the comments. This receipt is from more than likely a group home or elderly home who are in charge of their patients. That large amount is from each individual patient who gets benefits from the government but it's ran by the homes and is looked over by the government. So the amount is high because it's for multiple people.

If you know anyone who owns a group home or deals elderly people in one of those type establishments you can ask them and see that is real.

You mean there's an actual explanation and not some shit you just "heard about"? Well damn. Look at that

Infrastructure????

I laugh at that because I worked in the construction business and some niggaz just don't want to get dirty or work with their hands. They very good at talking tho

The construction business is no joke.
You gotta work yo.....

These Mexicans & Dominicans outnumber black folks in the construction business.

The government been putting money in infrastructure since Obama but I don't think black folks are taking advantage of it like these Mexicans & Dominicans are.

It's not something that started recently.
It's been going on for 15 years at least.

Infrastructure????

I laugh at that because I worked in the construction business and some niggaz just don't want to get dirty or work with their hands. They very good at talking tho

The construction business is no joke.
You gotta work yo.....

These Mexicans & Dominicans outnumber black folks in the construction business.

The government been putting money in infrastructure since Obama but I don't think black folks are taking advantage of it like these Mexicans & Dominicans are.

It's not something that started recently.
It's been going on for 15 years at least.
I agree with you here

This is why I'm all in support of pushing trades and construction on young men who don't aspire to go to college or have the capacity or bandwidth to do so.

Not every kid that dribbles a ball gonna be LeBron and that's ok.

We need more people in the construction industry and not more rappers and entertainers

Back