Is ABW a safe space for Women?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, cause when I hear the term safe............I'm thinking of it in terms of being frightened or feeling that you're in some type of danger.

Which begs the question..........what are the ladies afraid of?

And what kind of danger do they think they're in by posting here?
Have you read from page 1 fam? They've listed quite a few examples

Reactions: Ironman
Nothing for me, personally. With the growth of the site, the “close knit” community feeling slowly began to fade. It slowly vanished as the site grew. That just comes with the territory. I’m proud of the site’s growth and understand that growth brings change.

Before, I knew who I was sharing my space with. We were smaller and closer as a community. Now, I don’t know who the hell looking.

even still I’m comfortable posting and nobody has made me feel uncomfortable posting or “ran me off” because I don’t give anyone that power. However, I choose to be careful about what I share on here now because with so many new people, something I say could be the ammo to the gun they use to kill me with.
I also didnt realize how the community was before I came because I just carried over from there what ammo I share, as you put it, from the IC days where accounts got hacked and pics got exposed, it was vicious.

I wasnt trying to be an ignorant bastard, I'm just ignorant to what's going on because i hadnt seen it or read what was happening. Shit like, I didnt realize tits or gtfo was still a thing. Thought it was long gone, apparently not.

Last edited:
Yeah, cause when I hear the term safe............I'm thinking of it in terms of being frightened or feeling that you're in some type of danger.

Which begs the question..........what are the ladies afraid of?

And what kind of danger do they think they're in by posting here?

I dont think anyone means safe in the physical sense. And I also dont think the women here are scared of anyone on here.

I think in this case, safe is a place where a woman can give her opinion and even the people that disagree can be respectful and chalk it up to we just different and not you just wrong.

Unsafe is when dude got at @Meeks mother the other day just cause they disagreed about nudity.

So i dont think its feeling unsafe cause they feel threatened, but unsafe like whats the point of even wasting my time talking bout something knowing how some dudes are gonna write it off without even giving it thought.

And that shit happens all over this site. Nobody ask me examples of shit thats daily occurance.

Interesting thread.
@ Kandy
@ Meeks
@ Whis Khalifa
@ Az
@ B_A
@ shutupGabi
Ladies I apologize if I ever made any of you uncomfortable or feel you couldnt be you because of something I said.

Most of you know where my heart is and know I got your back no matter what. But I'm human and if I got outta line....I will own up to it and do better.
I dont think they're talking about regular posters from this section, but if they are, put em on blast, cuz old timers like us to laugh and clown on people for their poor choices

Reactions: Whis Khalifa
The main thing, and this was brought up in the thread Du made last week, is too many niggas dont actually value women as whole people so they in turn dont value their experiences and how that shapes their view of the world. They value their experiences being Black but not being women so alot of the issues that come specific to being women aren't taken seriously or dismissed as attempts to be divisive when it's really just women speaking to their specific experiences

Interesting thread.
@Kandy
@Meeks
@Whis Khalifa
@Az
@B_A
@shutupGabi
Ladies I apologize if I ever made any of you uncomfortable or feel you couldnt be you because of something I said.

Most of you know where my heart is and know I got your back no matter what. But I'm human and if I got outta line....I will own up to it and do better.

No need to apologize to me because I’m not uncomfortable at all posting here.

• Ether
Reactions: Chicity
The minute these cats get out of line y'all ban them tho
Like no games
When ol boy called Meeks mom out her name yes but, this very thread she admitted she's not even comfortable. Look how fast you dismissed the lsa comment as if what she felt didn't mean jack shit in this conversation. A sausage fest here is NOT why I started posting here so trying to understand and see how we can avoid that needs to happen.

I feel like if there are muhfuckas making people uncomfortable with posting...a light needs to be shined on it..call it out

if niggas are habitual line steppers toss they ass over the cliff for the betterment of the community. if I've ever stepped outa line in a conversation with yall on here I would hope yall would call me on the shit and hold me accountable as well

I dont think anyone means safe in the physical sense. And I also dont think the women here are scared of anyone on here.

I think in this case, safe is a place where a woman can give her opinion and even the people that disagree can be respectful and chalk it up to we just different and not you just wrong.

Unsafe is when dude got at @Meeks mother the other day just cause they disagreed about nudity.

So i dont think its feeling unsafe cause they feel threatened, but unsafe like whats the point of even wasting my time talking bout something knowing how some dudes are gonna write it off without even giving it thought.

And that shit happens all over this site. Nobody ask me examples of shit thats daily occurance.
Man listen, I fucks with Deadeye the long way, but this shit was hella self explanatory and didnt need to be broken down. Nigga act like he ain't make a whole thread stalking women in Walmart. 90% of us got it was jokes and something from the old IC days but the 10% that didn't know.....it was wack and creepy af. Like come on man. And yes. I laughed at the original iteration of his Walmart stories

And niggas gotta knock off the 'give me an example' bullshit. If you can't see these women points ain't valid in the 2yrs since the merger then a person listing 10+ instances ain't gonna mean shit. I personally feel like 'give me an example' is the equivalent of 'give me something to argue against' and its hella wack

But I could be wrong

I feel like if there are muhfuckas making people uncomfortable with posting...a light needs to be shined on it..call it out

if niggas are habitual line steppers toss they ass over the cliff for the betterment of the community. if I've ever stepped or step outa line in a conversation with yall on here I would hope yall would call me on the shit and hold me accountable as well
You’re respectful. One of my favorite posters here.

It all comes down to respeck and also there needs to be swift consequences for violations period.

one of the reasons i loved this board...especially in the beginning was the female interaction and discourse we had.
The lack of female posters falls on ALL of us bruhs...mods included

the fact the we have been called LSA for men should be alarming for ALL of us. Ion like that shit and a course reversal needs to happen IMMEDIATELY

Man listen, I fucks with Deadeye the long way, but this shit was hella self explanatory and didnt need to be broken down. Nigga act like he ain't make a whole thread stalking women in Walmart. 90% of us got it was jokes and something from the old IC days but the 10% that didn't know.....it was wack and creepy af. Like come on man. And yes. I laughed at the original iteration of his Walmart stories

And niggas gotta knock off the 'give me an example' bullshit. If you can't see these women points ain't valid in the 2yrs since the merger then a person listing 10+ instances ain't gonna mean shit. I personally feel like 'give me an example' is the equivalent of 'give me something to argue against' and its hella wack

But I could be wrong
Go look in the math Hoffa rape thread

Just smh everywhere

But I could be wrong

Had to fight myself to not put a i shouldnt have to explain this in the post. For the sake of the convo i didnt

Last edited:
It all comes down to respeck and also there needs to be swift consequences for violations period.

one of the reasons i loved this board...especially in the beginning was the female interaction and discourse we had.
The lack of female posters falls on ALL of us bruhs...mods included

the fact the we have been called LSA for men should be alarming for ALL of us. Ion like that shit and a course reversal needs to happen IMMEDIATELY

absolute facts bruh

Status
Not open for further replies.