Welcome To aBlackWeb

IP360 PRESENTS: THE OFFICIAL CREDIT AND HOUSE HUNTING THREAD

Question to current owners:

Will I have the deed while on mortgage? Technically until the house is paid off the mortgage bank owns the house right?

Question to current owners:

Will I have the deed while on mortgage? Technically until the house is paid off the mortgage bank owns the house right?
No is not really the case. You own the house and have the deed. They have rights if you default but they don't own the house.

STILL waiting for this mortgage company to call us back. Smh

Update: So still haven't heard back from that mortgage company.

Soooo...s/o called the builder himself to let him know. Said dude was shocked and disappointed. Mainly b/c it looked bad on him b/C he recommended the guy.

So he called him up himself just to see what he would say. Didn't mention us specifically. Apparently the way he responded didn't sit well wit him. Told us if we didnt hear from him in the next day or two, to call him and he'll move forward wit someone else.

I didn't even give him that long. Told her to let him know we wanna move on. Will be having another company contact us. 30 years experience and told them about the previous guy.

We'll see

Buying my house was fairly simple. They raised the closing and was a couple days behind getting the keys but overall it was cool.

Upkeeping is a bitch tho. I finally got around to cleaning the garage. I'm not sure how I cluttered it in the first place. Then I had to take down some trees. I need to purchase a lawn mower and leaf blower because paying these dudes is no longer an option

Outside work alone is a turnoff from owning a home

Most of the homes my s/o showed me had these big azzz backyards. All o could think about was "Damn...would have to cut that shyt."

Yard work ain't my thing. I do it b/c I hate when the grass gets too high, but I drag my feet doing it

Buying my house was fairly simple. They raised the closing and was a couple days behind getting the keys but overall it was cool.

Upkeeping is a bitch tho. I finally got around to cleaning the garage. I'm not sure how I cluttered it in the first place. Then I had to take down some trees. I need to purchase a lawn mower and leaf blower because paying these dudes is no longer an option

Outside work alone is a turnoff from owning a home
do you own in BX or Chicago? idgaf about Chicago (no diss) but drop whats useful bout Bronx real estate

do you own in BX or Chicago? idgaf about Chicago (no diss) but drop whats useful bout Bronx real estate
Neither

I do know Bronx property is the worse outta all the 5 boros (My opinion)

Depending on how deep into the city or BX you work you'd be better off living in the burbs (Yonkers, Mt Vernon, Pelham)

Neither

I do know Bronx property is the worse outta all the 5 boros (My opinion)

Depending on how deep into the city or BX you work you'd be better off living in the burbs (Yonkers, Mt Vernon, Pelham)
do not work in BX. just thought it'd be cheaper than BK.

:mf1:

Thinking about a condo. We don't like yard works either and condos safe during hurricanes. But it doesn't appreciate or hold value as well as a single house, not to mention the exuberant HOA fee. Yuck!

Thinking about a condo. We don't like yard works either and condos safe during hurricanes. But it doesn't appreciate or hold value as well as a single house, not to mention the exuberant HOA fee. Yuck!
What about a townhouse? The yard sizes are usually reasonable.

Those prices don't make sense to me. 100k for that much house. That is crazy.

Which is why I'm looking at this skeptically. Too good to be true. Definitely gotta see wit my own eyes what it's like in person. Also the area it's in.

Back