Welcome To aBlackWeb

goldie, how old are you again that you didnt know Amanda Diva was in my Brother and Me?

great season premiere

i love her subtle humor. Sometimes, its more obvious than others, but i really love the subtle jokes

like when she was practicing how she was gon talk to him when he came by to pick up his mail

she was like "here go your jury duty...now come get this jury booty"

i lol'd

goldie, how old are you again that you didnt know Amanda Diva was in my Brother and Me?

great season premiere

i love her subtle humor. Sometimes, its more obvious than others, but i really love the subtle jokes

like when she was practicing how she was gon talk to him when he came by to pick up his mail

she was like "here go your jury duty...now come get this jury booty"

i lol'd

I didn't watch a lot of kid shit as a kid fam lol

2b444be114155ea93026c28d2ecec54f--divas-brother.jpg

Goat to whoever can tell me what show she was on back in the day on the left
My Brother and Me
She played DeDe and Alphie big sister Melanie. Thier best friend Goo had a big crush on her

Nah I was too busy watching the show in ur avi lol

so you were only allowed to watch tv on thursdays young Goldie?

anyway...let me get this thread back on track

so a coworker of mine...she is on the plus side, but she is just asking me all these questions about why guys would like Tasha over Issa

its kinda hard having these types of convos with someone who isnt confident in their physical appearance b/c she thinks that they are oversexualizing Tasha and that Lawrence doesnt want a real relationship with her.

She basically said that her pierced nipples and her provocative attire is a hoe uniform and trying to draw some crazy parallel that because it is perceived that tasha is the hoe, that dudes overlook the nice girls in favor of the hoes

i assume she considers herself a nice girl or whatever

but i hit her with "are we watching the same show"?

One cheats the other is supportive even when you're down and out, tough choice

so a coworker of mine...she is on the plus side, but she is just asking me all these questions about why guys would like Tasha over Issa

its kinda hard having these types of convos with someone who isnt confident in their physical appearance b/c she thinks that they are oversexualizing Tasha and that Lawrence doesnt want a real relationship with her.

She basically said that her pierced nipples and her provocative attire is a hoe uniform and trying to draw some crazy parallel that because it is perceived that tasha is the hoe, that dudes overlook the nice girls in favor of the hoes

How old is this woman?

One cheats the other is supportive even when you're down and out, tough choice

i hit her with that, but i said, cheating aside, Issa basically shitted on Lawrence the entire season. It appeared to be a culmination of a lot of frustration from stuff throughout the years.

So i asked, what makes Issa better than tasha? I would post her responses, but im bout to peace out in a few, but i didnt think she represented her POV well at all. She kept trying to paint tasha as the dumb hoe while lifting and praising Issa for her ability to dress nice and shit...i was about to lose it at that point

I told her as a man, yo girl who supposed to be your down chick just talks down to you and make you feel like you holding her back, then another chick come along and is supportive of stuff you trying to do, dont judge you at every turn, and dont trip about you coming and going...gee..well...yea...hard decision.

She was saying that Tasha is essentially an orifice to lawrence and he just stringing her along but he has no intentions of being with her

your coworker has internalized misogyny. Tasha's nipple piercings or clothing don't say much about her character. that isn't a valid criticism and the madonna/whore dichotomy is hard to even apply here, when Issa doesn't dress all that conservatively herself and can't still be considered a nice girl after cheating on Lawrence.

Most of the anti-Tasha heat I see is from people who are irritated that she tried to shoot her shot while knowing he had a girlfriend.
others aren't all the way hating but they think she's playing herself by getting caught up with a guy rebounding from a 5yr relationship.

I think this is a testament to how good Issa's writing is, cuz she's made a cheater into a sympathetic character that's relatable to people who identify as "nice girls" as opposed to "hoes".

your coworker has internalized misogyny. Tasha's nipple piercings or clothing don't say much about her character. that isn't a valid criticism and the madonna/whore dichotomy is hard to even apply here, when Issa doesn't dress all that conservatively herself and can't still be considered a nice girl after cheating on Lawrence.

Most of the anti-Tasha heat I see is from people who are irritated that she tried to shoot her shot while knowing he had a girlfriend.
others aren't all the way hating but they think she's playing herself by getting caught up with a guy rebounding from a 5yr relationship.

I think this is a testament to how good Issa's writing is, cuz she's made a cheater into a sympathetic character that's relatable to people who identify as "nice girls" as opposed to "hoes".

agreed on all points

she brought up the stuff about tasha trying to holla as well

but how is that different from a dude who does it with a chick eh been trying to get at for the longest? Im not saying either situation is right, but face it, if you have an attractive mate, dont be surprised people gon holla, whether intentionally or not.

a wrinkle in this story...what if i told ya'll my coworker has pierced nips?

agreed on all points

she brought up the stuff about tasha trying to holla as well

but how is that different from a dude who does it with a chick eh been trying to get at for the longest? Im not saying either situation is right, but face it, if you have an attractive mate, dont be surprised people gon holla, whether intentionally or not.

a wrinkle in this story...what if i told ya'll my coworker has pierced nips?
If your coworker has pierced nips and she's downing Tasha for her pierced nips, your coworker needs to unpack some shit lmao

Anyway, you make a good point. Tasha does get more heat than Daniel does. I think it's because, again, the show is from Issa's perspective and it's lauded for it's relatability. I've never cheated on anyone and I still see a lot of myself in Issa, half the dialogue is her talking to herself. So when some women saw Tasha shooting her shot at Lawrence, after knowing he had a girlfriend, she looks thirsty af and it wasnt mitigated by some insight into Tasha's own thought process or justification for it.

I agree it isn't different to when a guy does it but I don't agree with men doing that either. If someone's in a relationship and you know it, you respect their union. A lot of the defense I'm seeing for her shooting her shot is "she fell back after that", which is true. Does that mean that people get a one time pass to shoot their shot at a person they know is taken though? Cause that's what it sounds like.

Back