Welcome To aBlackWeb

I always felt that he’d make cameos here and there but he wouldn’t be a regular like he used to be. And I’m sure we haven’t seen the last of Daniel too...
nah...at least imo

how you go from a staple of the show to just some random chance encounter character

nah...at least imo

how you go from a staple of the show to just some random chance encounter character
Because they broke up and the show is about Issa. And once you break up with somebody you don’t see them as much anymore. I think they’ll talk for a few minutes catch up on each other, then she’ll go back to the Airbnb and tell her friends that she saw Lawrence and that’s it. They might even have sex again at some point later on...

That's like Gina not being on Martin, ofc Lawrence is still a main character of the show. There's just only so many times Lawrence and Issa can break up and make up before the show gets dull. They had to give Issa serious suitors and same for Lawrence.

Hopefully they can acclimate Lawrence back into the show smoothly, cuz this season was missing the male's pov.

I didn't realize people liked Lawrence this much. But do yall actually like lawrence's character or just the idea of Lawrence?

@AP21 got one of these shirts.

DFbqtOsXYAAmsBh.jpg

I'm just saying...cuz Lawrence is cool and all but niggas like bonding in misery over Lawrence.

I think it gives some niggas a reason to hold on to the show without feeling like a bitch. I don't know why they would alienate an entire part of their audience like that tbh. Nigga had a real following.

Odd to me that every show has to have a female or gay perspective but when niggas complain about Lawrence and Chad not being around it looks funny in the light. Foh.
I started watching this show based off the strength of me flicking the channels and seeing a scene between Issa and Molly. It was cool for me to see two women of color chopping it up on some shit you don't generally see on tv. By the time I went back and realized they were tapping into that on the male side as well I was locked in.
It's a big part of the draw. I'm wondering if HBO told Issa not to play herself and get him back in there once they got the first couple scripts and word hit the street about the characters demise or if this was really the plan all along.

Because he’s a normal black guy, that is not cooning, he’s not a deadbeat loser, woman beater or anything negative, who got done wrong got the last laugh and upgraded to badder looking women.
That's the idea of Lawrence I'm talking about...yall don't care about the nigga like that you just like what he represents lol

That's the idea of Lawrence I'm talking about...yall don't care about the nigga like that you just like what he represents lol
Let’s be honest how often in these kinds of shows or movies is the black guy portrayed like this? From The Color Purple to Waiting To Exhale to even shows like Martin, the black guy is usually portrayed as the reason for the breakup whether he cheated or was beating his woman or was a straight up asshole. Lawrence never cheated, he was a nice guy who treated his woman good and had goals and ambitions, the most you can say is that he was between jobs and even then he was still using his unemployment to help with the bills. So it’s refreshing to see a black man portrayed like how Lawrence was portrayed.

Back