@shutupGabi
@Inori
@Horsecock Williams
@AP2.5
@Goldie
@grYmes
@TheNightKing

Yall ain’t fuckin with it?
I watched a few episodes and it wasn’t bad. I’m in finance and accounting so I could dig all of the finance talk. The characters just didn’t hold my attention enough to keep me coming back.

I’ll give it another shot on your recommendation though. My son is watching it and said it was good too.

Edit: I only watched the first episode, lol. Let me give this an honest shot.

Nah succession is better

Also the financial aspect of Industry can kinda bog shit down.
I didn't like succession. It was just grown brat kids being annoying

I like the financial aspect of this show more than the drama they're adding

Having Yasmin slut around isn't appealing. Hopefully Harper gets over her thing with her old boss because that quickly got boring

They completely ignored Harper and Jesse's insider trading to move onto this new CEO who has a ton of issues. He did all that shit in front of his board and employees on the first day of his company trading. I think they'd have the CEO step down IRL. Instead he claims he can have a photo removed from the internet

That FX trade scene was intense, lol. I did FX trading for a company I worked for in 2014, but we were just hedging FX risk in a very controlled trading strategy so no real personal risk. But I remember looking at those rates fluctuating and having to make a call at some point. Would love when I hit the top of the rate and hated coming in at the bottom.

That must have been a big ass trade though to take a $140k loss on a couple of bps move.

That FX trade scene was intense, lol. I did FX trading for a company I worked for in 2014, but we were just hedging FX risk in a very controlled trading strategy so no real personal risk. But I remember looking at those rates fluctuating and having to make a call at some point. Would love when I hit the top of the rate and hated coming in at the bottom.

That must have been a big ass trade though to take a $140k loss on a couple of bps move.
Since we here let me ask you…

Shell reached out to me about their Trader development program. I had to do an assessment and everything. What’s that life like? I just applied on a whim lol. Is it accurate to the show? Minus the drugs of course lol

Since we here let me ask you…

Shell reached out to me about their Trader development program. I had to do an assessment and everything. What’s that life like? I just applied on a whim lol. Is it accurate to the show? Minus the drugs of course lol
I wasn’t on a trading floor or anything, I was on the other side as a client of the bank for the company I worked for. We’d call Goldman, Citi, Barclays, etc. to put on futures trades to hedge our FX risk because we transacted in a lot of currencies.

I will say I took a trip to NY and we were smoozed by all of the banks. A bunch of 20-somethings taking us out to all of the swankiest restaurants and bars in Manhattan. I guarantee the drugs play a major part cause no way they do that on the regular and show up to work the next morning without a bump.

I wasn’t on a trading floor or anything, I was on the other side as a client of the bank for the company I worked for. We’d call Goldman, Citi, Barclays, etc. to put on futures trades to hedge our FX risk because we transacted in a lot of currencies.

I will say I took a trip to NY and we were smoozed by all of the banks. A bunch of 20-somethings taking us out to all of the swankiest restaurants and bars in Manhattan. I guarantee the drugs play a major part cause no way they do that on the regular and show up to work the next morning without a bump.
To add, sounds like you’ll be a client of the banks like I was if it’s for Shell. Did they say what you’d be trading? I’m thinking for Shell probably oil commodities or something cause I couldn’t imagine them actually playing the market for profit. Companies usually play the market to lock in prices into the future so they can plan their financials years out.

To add, sounds like you’ll be a client of the banks like I was if it’s for Shell. Did they say what you’d be trading? I’m thinking for Shell probably oil commodities or something cause I couldn’t imagine them actually playing the market for profit. Companies usually play the market to lock in prices into the future so they can plan their financials years out.
I think there’s a rotation for like 2-3 years

Crude oil
Natural Gas
Power
Environmental products
LNG
Freight

I think there’s a rotation for like 2-3 years

Crude oil
Natural Gas
Power
Environmental products
LNG
Freight
Ok. You’ll probably put on a “layer” of trades every month. So each month you’re just looking for the most favorable future rate to buy that commodity, usually a couple of years out. How much you buy will be based on the forecasted purchases.

You’ll have gains and losses to OCI each month on existing trades and when the trade matures you’ll record the total gain/loss. This will offset the gain/loss on the P&L from the actual purchase of the commodity leaving the technical price paid the same as it was 2 years ago when you made the trade.

Sorry to derail but hopefully this gives a little insight into the process, at least how we did it for FX.

Harper already screwing over her new boss? Damn lol

Weird scene with Eric and the woman. Hinted at Eric wanting Yasmin

Lol at the assistant calling Yasmin the shiny new thing

So Harper is back to making possibly unethical and illegal things?

Lmao at Harper attracting a big player after her chaos

Eric going out bad...

Harper was petty for that lol she's really not over Eric firing her

Crazy that she partnered with Harper after everything. I just wouldn't trust Harper

That was weird to close the door but leave it cracked while he's about to sleep with Yasmin

Rishi getting his own episode next week seems kinda random but ok lol

Back