Welcome To aBlackWeb

FEATURED India Arie: Janelle Monae and Meg The Stallion Doesn’t Represent Us Well

test
I'm indifferent. I grew up watching explicit rap music videos and seeing half naked gyal at carribean festival in Toronto wining to soca and calypso. It's kinda ratchet but these women are just having fun.

With that said, there's an argument to be made about oversexualization being made mainstream. Especially the lyrical content. Explicit lyrics usually were disguised innuendo. Now it's just blatant. Is it a bad thing? I'm not sure. But it's a bit unsettling knowing that children are listening to shit like WAP.

Innuendo stopped being the main thing a long time ago. Sure there's always been certain songs that uses them but sexually explicit lyrics have been mainstream for quite a while now. How many hit songs that people go crazy for are blatantly about sex or certain body parts that millions sing along to

Man, they had "my neck, my back, lick my pussy and my crack" out when I was a kid.

I knew someone would bring that song up 😅.

Innuendo stopped being the main thing a long time ago. Sure there's always been certain songs that uses them but sexually explicit lyrics have been mainstream for quite a while now. How many hit songs that people go crazy for are blatantly about sex or certain body parts that millions sing along to

Ur right. Missy, trina, foxy brown, lil Kim, a lot of female rappers in the 90s and 2000s had the openly sexed up lyrics. It's just that hip hop wasn't as mainstream as it now (especially female rappers), and where we'd always get the clean versions played on TV and radio, everyone's hearing the dirty versions online. It also seems to be coming out in tandem with ideas about female sexual liberation.

Maybe I'm wrong, but it seems more exposed and pervasive now. It's telling when tools like Ben Shapiro make entire segments dedicating to trashing cardi and Meghan.

I like the new album 🤷‍♂️

I also like the free titty movement she's doing 🤷‍♂️

Why go after them though? Not the first or even the most provocative singers/rappers

People just be bored and they do this every few years some artists talks about it’s too much sex too much violence despite staying in the game for years

It's crazy that some people see what she's saying is controversial. Everybody doesn't want to see everything sink into degeneracy. Like Essence isn't the Black Playboy or Hustler. It's not supposed to be associated with half naked women walking around. It's supposed to represent black class. Why is it that nothing is allowed to be like that anymore? Why does everything have to be turned into half naked hoes and thug niggas?

It's crazy that some people see what she's saying is controversial. Everybody doesn't want to see everything sink into degeneracy. Like Essence isn't the Black Playboy or Hustler. It's not supposed to be associated with half naked women walking around. It's supposed to represent black class. Why is it that nothing is allowed to be like that anymore? Why does everything have to be turned into half naked hoes and thug niggas?
1688620324044.gif

To me tho why is one or two performances ruining the class of something? If the people want to hear something raunchy are they classless? Everything ain’t for everybody I get it but just like she has her opinion we have ours.

Abd it’s crazy the generation 2 live crew is from us on that so hard sometimes.

But again I think we as a people play way to up to the negative and think this is everywhere. Essence is just very big.

To me tho why is one or two performances ruining the class of something? If the people want to hear something raunchy are they classless? Everything ain’t for everybody I get it but just like she has her opinion we have ours.

Abd it’s crazy the generation 2 live crew is from us on that so hard sometimes.

But again I think we as a people play way to up to the negative and think this is everywhere. Essence is just very big.

But why does that shit have to be at everything? Why can't you got Essence Festival and not see any raunchy shit? That's the issue. The mainstream already pushes that shit super hard. It's perfectly reasonable for some people to not want it to invade everything.

But why does that shit have to be at everything? Why can't you got Essence Festival and not see any raunchy shit? That's the issue. The mainstream already pushes that shit super hard. It's perfectly reasonable for some people to not want it to invade everything.

Sex positivity has been replaced with sex primacy. The current progressive zeitgeist is doing as progressivism usually does - trend toward hedonism.

Back