Welcome To aBlackWeb

Im over J cole acting fake broke

I always thought Saucony's and New Balance were hard,but seemed mad exclusive and not as easy to find.

I think new Balance is a little more mainstream now,but I could be wrong.

Asics were the shit in the mid 90's and Ellesse.

Now you bout to have me going down a "what happened to" internet rabbit hole.

They sell New Balance at this Kroger in Arlington

lol at the amount of extra shit in this thread

But yeah, I think this moment kinda changed things for dude style wise.

View attachment 652713
Seems like people shouldn't evolve because of what they wore back then is basically what your trying to say. Then again people always want people to dress a certain way to prove they got money since it won't make look fake broke I guess. Also dudes in their 40s 50s 60s and 70s be wearing shit they should've worn when they were younger. Nothing wrong with j Cole changing his mindset on wearing what makes him comfortable not wanting to spend crazy money on clothes and jewelry.

Seems like people shouldn't evolve because of what they wore back then is basically what your trying to say. Then again people always want people to dress a certain way to prove they got money since it won't make look fake broke I guess. Also dudes in their 40s 50s 60s and 70s be wearing shit they should've worn when they were younger. Nothing wrong with j Cole changing his mindset on wearing what makes him comfortable not wanting to spend crazy money on clothes and jewelry.

you talking to me?

See
You said I was mad?

You corny for this.

fuck is wrong with bruh?

man are you capable of a decent conversation without 5th grade insults?

did you use too much brain power and your vocabulary got low?

lmao

Nigga short circuited

I insult you all the time why are you surprised

See
You said I was mad?

You corny for this.

fuck is wrong with bruh?

man are you capable of a decent conversation without 5th grade insults?

did you use too much brain power and your vocabulary got low?

lmao

Nigga short circuited
At what point do you stop responding? You two niggas never see eye to eye but always wanna debate where it ends up with insults

iPhone are a status symbol bruh.
It was once an exclusive club because who would pay a g for a phone.

that made it more wanted.

$49 android can still call momma

I get it, they're the boutique devices of the tech world. I never viewed them as status makers tho. Not anymore so than Google Pixels or Samsung S' that cost a grand themselves. Phone contracts put their cost within the means of many more people, and as per usual with tech companies they offer lower cost options. How else would they achieve such large marketshare. Their popularity comes down to their trendiness. When ppl think "I need an iPhone" it's cuz they're seen as "in" and cuz ppl blindly buy into the deceptive marketing that tells em it's better. Not necessarily because they're making a person appear a certain way. Trendy shit is worth the cost for some ppl. U buy it, acclimate to the devices uniqueness and feel compelled to stick with your tried and true brand.

Yes we are.
But why only come after those exploiting your class but ignore the class under you that that are also exploiting.

niggas think eat the rich means the niggas with more than them, when them same people have the same iPhones and shit ignoring their place in this while the people in them hand dug holes are saying eat the rich....mean they ass too.

this level shit don’t start with the American poor who can have drinks at the club and Asian nail shop visits.

privilege is relative. And there's not much we can do to help these ppl other than personal charity and demanding action from governments and organizations that have the power to make a change.

Niggas want the billionaire boss to pay them more but don’t the cost of the product to go up from paying ming lee more so she can move out the doghouse she renting.

nah that cost too much. I’m buying this, it’s cheaper ass niggas.

Now Ming lee outta work but you still got a new tv and crocs, not giving a fuck but still saying your boss makes too much.

foh

But why r u assuming Ming Lee's misfortune in life is on us as consumers. It's not. We don't control their odds of being born into poverty. We're not the ones purposefully bringing bases overseas to exploit their poverty. And we ultimately have no real say in what companies pay ppl in the developing world. So how does it even make sense to bring up the question of what we're willing to pay for? The companies set the wage. They set the contracted terms. We in our relative privilege benefit, far removed from the non existent negotiating table.

If we had various options similar to equitable practices like Fair Trade and ppl still decided "fuck that, I'm buying cheaper exploitation shit", you'd be right. That'd be hypocritical. But even then, there's a valid reason for ppl wanting cheaper. We may be far better off than other regions of the world but we still have our individual desires and motives for savings and financial security that compels us to buy cheap. U can't put the blame on all consumers for that. Not broke ass minimum wage ppl anyway. The prevailing system compels seeking deals. It's a matter of survivability and quality of life.

Plus,.u really think a company like Nike who regularly sells 200+ dollar shoes can't pay sweatshop workers more without significantly raising costs? They can do that and still make an extreme profit. They just don't because they're not in the business of taking a fractional hit to their profits for the sake of third world livelihood.

But why r u assuming Ming Lee's misfortune in life is on us as consumers. It's not. We don't control their odds of being born into poverty. We're not the ones purposefully bringing bases overseas to exploit their poverty. And we ultimately have no real say in what companies pay ppl in the developing world. So how does it even make sense to bring up the question of what we're willing to pay for? The companies set the wage. They set the contracted terms. We in our relative privilege benefit, far removed from the non existent negotiating table.

If we had various options similar to equitable practices like Fair Trade and ppl still decided "fuck that, I'm buying cheaper exploitation shit", you'd be right. That'd be hypocritical. But even then, there's a valid reason for ppl wanting cheaper. We may be far better off than other regions of the world but we still have our individual desires and motives for savings and financial security that compels us to buy cheap. U can't put the blame on all consumers for that. Not broke ass minimum wage ppl anyway. The prevailing system compels seeking deals. It's a matter of survivability and quality of life.

Plus,.u really think a company like Nike who regularly sells 200+ dollar shoes can't pay sweatshop workers more without significantly raising costs? They can do that and still make an extreme profit. They just don't because they're not in the business of taking a fractional hit to their profits for the sake of third world livelihood.

Preach

privilege is relative. And there's not much we can do to help these ppl other than personal charity and demanding action from governments and organizations that have the power to make a change.
Imma give you a pass and ignore this post.

you seem cool.
So I didn’t see it

Imma kick ya ass now. Wait til I get back

Back