Welcome To aBlackWeb

Im An Idiot

ImaInfluenza

Who do you think you are? I am
I figured this would a great place where our diverse expertise can come in handy in a simple way.

Explain shit to me like im an idiot..

My first question, what's them shits the po'lice put on the road of busy intersections? It's a long black string that makes a noise when you run over it. What is it, and what is it for...explain that shit to me like I'm an idiot.

Everyone feel free to ask questions too, I only ask that you ask to have it explained to you like ur an idiot.

Why did we drop atom bombs on Japan? Was it necessary for us to win the war? We had to of known the destruction they would cause. We tested the fuck out of them. Were we really in such a place that we had to nuke them? Or was it just a power flex to the world that Japan just was the unfortunate victims of? Many countries acquired nukes not long after and not one nuke has been used in war since.

Why did we drop atom bombs on Japan? Was it necessary for us to win the war? We had to of known the destruction they would cause. We tested the fuck out of them. Were we really in such a place that we had to nuke them? Or was it just a power flex to the world that Japan just was the unfortunate victims of? Many countries acquired nukes not long after and not one nuke has been used in war since.

I'm not doing mah googles right now. Off the top of my head:

The Germans and Italians had been defeated. In fact, all of Axis had been defeated EXCEPT Japan and they were actively fighting in the Pacific. They were still committing atrocities in China and Korea was still under Japanese rule. In '44, Koreans were being drafted into the Japanese military to fight the Allies (prior to that Koreans voluntarily enlisted) so not only were we fighting Japanese we were fighting unwilling Koreans as well.

Plain and simple, Japan wasn't going to stop fighting until they couldn't anymore. It really didn't leave us many options. We didn't need to bomb Germany or Italy 'cause they were done and all we were doing there was cleaning house. We could send more troops, ships, and planes there and hope to overwhelm the Japanese army or drop a couple of bombs with our new-fangled atomic technology on them, show them what they're up against and hope they surrender.

We dropped the bombs, Hiroshima and Nagasaki were obliterated, and faced with certain extinction the Japanese surrendered.

Last edited:
I figured this would a great place where our diverse expertise can come in handy in a simple way.

Explain shit to me like im an idiot..

My first question, what's them shits the po'lice put on the road of busy intersections? It's a long black string that makes a noise when you run over it. What is it, and what is it for...explain that shit to me like I'm an idiot.

Everyone feel free to ask questions too, I only ask that you ask to have it explained to you like ur an idiot.

It’s a traffic measuring device

Actually, we hadn't. By late '45 we had conducted exactly ONE atomic bomb test and that was the original Trinity detonation. We detonated that bomb on July 16th, 1945 and three weeks later we dropped the first bomb on Hiroshima. There was no real way to accurately calculate the yield of Little Boy or Fat Man at the time. We just built some shit and dropped it.

Nah it wasn't necessary. The Japanese were losing the war, and lost all their allies. At that point the fighting was contained in and around their islands. Did they surrender? Not at that point. Were they still a threat? No.

If the bombs hadnt been dropped the chances are the japenese would have surrendered in a few months. America was leading the charge but at that point it literally them vs the world. They werent gonna last much longer.

It was definitely a flex move...

The rest of the world had to know what we were packing

This is really all it was. All that other bullshit explanations are just that.

With that said though, the dropping of the bombs did make it an understood fact by the world that super powers can no longer go to war with each other and since then two world powers have never directly fought

Actually, we hadn't. By late '45 we had conducted exactly ONE atomic bomb test and that was the original Trinity detonation. We detonated that bomb on July 16th, 1945 and three weeks later we dropped the first bomb on Hiroshima. There was no real way to accurately calculate the yield of Little Boy or Fat Man at the time. We just built some shit and dropped it.

Spoken like true American propaganda.

The test right before the bombing of hiroshima produced a mushroom cloud over 2000 feet, created a mushroom cloud, and lit up the skies for tens of miles. The impact was in the tens of kilotons, meaning it equaled to hundreds of thousands of tnt explosions.

How could they have seen that and not known the impact of what would happen if you dropped that mfer in a densely populated area?

The US needed some live testing and had to do it then cause the war was gonna end in a few months. This is pretty much expected facts. Almost all ranking military personal from that time came out and admitted that dropping the bombs were unnecessary.

Nah it wasn't necessary. The Japanese were losing the war, and lost all their allies. At that point the fighting was contained in and around their islands. Did they surrender? Not at that point. Were they still a threat? No.

If the bombs hadnt been dropped the chances are the japenese would have surrendered in a few months. America was leading the charge but at that point it literally them vs the world. They werent gonna last much longer.

I used to feel exactly like you. But I listened to a podcast a couple years ago that might've changed my mind. I dunno if you fuck with Dan Carlin's Hardcore History. I doubt it, cuz it's boring as fuck for niggas who ain't history nerds like me. But it's really good.

You mentioned that Japan wasn't a threat anymore, in terms of winning the war. That's 100% true. But them Japanese niggas REALLY believed in that Bushido, 'no retreat, no surrender' shit back then. They wasn't like the Germans. When the German's realized it was a wrap, Hitler killed himself the the Nazis surrendered, hoping to survive. Them Japanese niggas was like 'Damn, we gonna lose this shit. Fuck! Ah well, come get us, you bitch ass niggas!'. So to defeat them niggas, it would require a land invasion of the Japanese islands. After the hard ass fighting in the South Pacific, like Iwo Jima and shit like that, a land invasion go Japan would've cost like a million US lives, millions of dollars, etc.

Not saying that makes it RIGHT. But imagine being President Truman, being told by the joint chiefs that they are almost done developing a bomb bigger than any other that could FORCE the Japanese to surrender, if dropped on civilians, and then it coming out however long later that you DIDN'T use it, sending a million Americans to die...when you could have avoided it all.

It makes you think about the shit more deeply, even if you don't end up changing your opinion of it.

Just my 2 cents.

don't take me down this rabbit hole, B. Lol.

Last edited:
I used to feel exactly like you. But I listened to a podcast a couple years ago that might've changed my mind. I dunno if you fuck with Dan Carlin's Hardcore History. I doubt it, cuz it's bring as fuck for nigga who ain't history nerds like me. But it's really good.

You mentioned that Japan wasn't a threat anymore, in terms of winning the war. That's 100% true. But them Japanese niggas REALLY believe in that Bushido, 'no retreat, no surrender' shit back then. They wasn't like the Germans. When the German's realized it was a war, Hitler killed himself the the Nazis surrendered, hoping to survive. Them Japanese niggas was like 'Damn, we gonna lose this shit. Fuck! Ah well, come get us, you bitch ass niggas!'. So defeat them niggas, it would require a land invasion of the Japanese islands. After the hard ass fighting in the South Pacific, like Iwo Jima and shit like that, a land invasion go Japan would've cost about a million US lives, millions of dollars, etc.

Not saying that makes it RIGHT. But imagine being President Truman, being told by the joint chiefs that they are almost done developing a bomb bigger than any other that could FORCE the Japanese to surrender, if dropped on civilians, and then it coming out however long later that you DIDN'T use it, sending a million Americans to die...when you could have avoided it all.

It makes you think about the shit more deeply, even if you don't end up changing your opinion of it.

Just my 2 cents.

don't take me down this rabbit hole, B. Lol.
Yea that nigga be having monotone 4 hr podcast...

Yea that nigga be having monotone 4 hr podcast...

He do, i can't even front. Lol. You be LUCKy to get one less than 4 hours. ALL them shits is fascinating though. Seriously. If you get a chance to hear the Genghis Khan joint...I highly recommend it.

'I am the punishment of God; If you had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you' -GK

He do, i can't even front. Lol. You be LUCKy to get one less than 4 hours. ALL them shits is fascinating though. Seriously. If you get a chance to hear the Genghis Khan joint...I highly recommend it.

'I am the punishment of God; If you had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you' -GK
Thats the only one that i could tolerate. Then the nigga had one on the start of ww1 and i headed out.

Thats the only one that i could tolerate. Then the nigga had one on the start of ww1 and i headed out.

I recently re-listened to the WW1 joints, realizing that I was only half way paying attention the first time. WW1 is one of my history blind spots. so I been tryna brush up lately. That shit is super interesting.

Almost all of Europe and mad other countries waged a full blown war based almost solely on 'Yo, that's my nigga. Leave that nigga alone. Because if you fucking with HIM, you fucking with ME!'. Then the main two niggas who actually had a problem with each other was immediately knocked out...leaving both their allies to kill each other. Crazy shit.

In my defense, don't get this history shit fucked up. I can fight. FYI. Lol.

The start of WW1 is crazy...

Ferdinand was able to actually escape the city but forgot something and went back, got murked on the way back, the rest is history...

Back