Welcome To aBlackWeb

I Believe In God....But...

Bruh. Jesus existing as a regular destroys christiandom. Either Jesus the son of god walked the Earth or everything about Christianity goes out the window.

The whole time Im talking about the fact that there is 0 record of the Biblical son of God Jesus existing. And the record keeping of that time was very good so it makes no sense for the events of a biblical jesus existing to not be recorded like all other historical events were.

You keep replying theres proof of a guy existing at the time who was likely a regular preacher causing revolt to prove Jesus, but unless that guy walked on water your religion becomes meaningless.

You keep proving my point for me.

And im not trying to be disrespectful by saying your religion is meaningless btw. Just still stuck on the fact that the only thing I dont appreciate is the fact that believers are the ones ignoring facts than non believers.

Thats my whole argument. No need to keep regurtitating it. Im pretty sure my point is made.

It’s not an ignoring of facts, it’s an interpretation of them. He existed, what’s the interpretation of that? He either is the Son of God or isn’t. The line of facts that follow that are, some astronomical stuff did take place the day of the crucifixion; believe it’s coincidence or not. Everyone agrees his body was not there at the tomb. Thousands of witnesses that day were converted and carried on the story after. Non-belief in his deity is meaningless. Jesus’ brother James was a non-believer up until after Jesuss resurrection. If it was all a lie for the sake of hyping up a man, then that’s wild seeing as most of them were persecuted; tortured, jailed etc and yet they refused to turn from their belief in Christ being the Messiah.

Again, evidence outside the Bible does exist, there were writers, I listed some. There’s more, too...

Explain why it’s a bad point?

Millions of years ago there were only microbes and other very simplistic organisms living on earth.

If you tried to say that was clear evidence of intelligent design you’d get laughed at.

Did the intelligent design kick in later or what?

Religion is man made. Religion by itself is just ritual. Many ppl go to church every sunday, or fast during their religious holiday but in between dont practice/live it at all.

Religion by itself doesnt save u so to me its not the end all. Be all.

This post is pure hypothetical, something to think about, not what i believe as fact.

While i think the scarce historical record of a jesus from the bible is a good point, its possible that the oppressive governments of that time either wanted to steer the narrative or down play tf out of this rebellious character who caused such a huge riff to avoid farther rebellion.

Groups of ppl try to rewrite history all the time. Ppl believing egyptians are white or all the text that was burned or stolen out of africa, white washing of culture, etc.

Just bc jesus was supposedly this great person with 'godly' intentions doesnt mean powers that be are gonna stop what theyre doing and give up power. Theyre more likely to try n bury it.

Having fam that lived thru communism, faith was illegal. Ppl held church in secret. U can be jailed if u were caught preaching. So nobody was writing about it no one was speaking about it except in secret.

Compared to that i assume biblical times were more barbaric, so i can definitely see ppl being even more scared of the government and not speaking of jesus publically much less publishing works pertaining to him.

Millions of years ago there were only microbes and other very simplistic organisms living on earth.

If you tried to say that was clear evidence of intelligent design you’d get laughed at.

Did the intelligent design kick in later or what?

Maybe so, I don’t know. I’m actually working to researching this myself. Science and God still does not clash here.

True...But why can't everybody just enjoy a life in paradise?...Why we gotta jump through all these hoops just to get blessed?...And again, if I'm the descendant of someone who wasn't righteous, why am I suffering for their sins?...Like say I live a terrible life...Okay, fuck me, but let my kid get a miracle or two...
Because most likely you were raised up in the same fashion your non righteous great great grandparents were. It's not impossible to break cycles, but it's pretty fuckin hard.

Imo evolution and intelligent creation are compatible. Everything we know of is some form of energy. We all know the golden rule(so far) about energy. I see energy as being able to retain information and build upon itself and evolve.

Sigh...

My guy @VIBE

Your regression saddens me

I’m beyond convinced there’s a God out there. I’m beyond convinced there was a Son of God who died for our sins.

That’s all I need to care about. The rest of the story isn’t necessary for belief in salvation. I’m not asking for everything to be explained to me, either. I’m content w knowing that the science that I still love goes poetically well w God and his creation. Nothing cancels each other out. It’s a beautiful thing.

You guys really need to stop thinking that life how we perceive it is all that is out there.

There are planets that have atmospheres with a different gas than oxygen. There are planets where the mountains are made out of diamonds, planets that are totally gaseous.

The universe is so vast that there are infinite coincidences going on. In a universe with infinite coincidences, there eventually ends up being coincidences that lead to our existence.

If the Earth was the only heaven bodily then intelligent design would make sense but there are literally an infinite number of planets where different coincidences played out where the landscapes is nothing but red rubies.

With so many coincidences playing out there has to end being one where there ends up being a planet that we exist in. It really isnt any type of design.

Its like the infinite monkey theory in mathematics. An infinite amount of monkeys with an infinite amount of typewriters and an infinite amount of time will eventually write all of shakespears works. The reasoning is that when you deal with a number like infinity, and the way universal probability works, eventually the coincidence where a monkeys random typings ends up being romeo and juliet word for word will have to occur.

Our universe is still expanding and even if it stopped expanding now there are are estimated to be about 200 billion galaxies, and if only a 3rd of them have 10 billion planets(the milky way is a small galaxy and it has over 30 billion so im keeping the number small), there ends up being a number with about 60 zeros when it comes to the number of planets in our universe. With that many possibilities of coincidences going on, theres bound to be a set coincedences that caused us to exist and probably tons of other forms of life out there.

Just like the infinite monkeys theory.

So yea no one cared enough to create us. We just here by coincidence. No one cares enough about us to punish or reward us.

Dont need to be a scientist to get this conclusion either. Just take look out your window at night. the universe is way too vast for any of this to matter.

I’m beyond convinced there’s a God out there. I’m beyond convinced there was a Son of God who died for our sins.

That’s all I need to care about. The rest of the story isn’t necessary for belief in salvation. I’m not asking for everything to be explained to me, either. I’m content w knowing that the science that I still love goes poetically well w God and his creation. Nothing cancels each other out. It’s a beautiful thing.

Do you bro, I’m done questioning it

You guys really need to stop thinking that life how we perceive it is all that is out there.

There are planets that have atmospheres with a different gas than oxygen. There are planets where the mountains are made out of diamonds, planets that are totally gaseous.

The universe is so vast that there are infinite coincidences going on. In a universe with infinite coincidences, there eventually ends up being coincidences that lead to our existence.

If the Earth was the only heaven bodily then intelligent design would make sense but there are literally an infinite number of planets where different coincidences played out where the landscapes is nothing but red rubies.

With so many coincidences playing out there has to end being one where there ends up being a planet that we exist in. It really isnt any type of design.

Its like the infinite monkey theory in mathematics. An infinite amount of monkeys with an infinite amount of typewriters and an infinite amount of time will eventually write all of shakespears works. The reasoning is that when you deal with a number like infinity, and the way universal probability works, eventually the coincidence where a monkeys random typings ends up being romeo and juliet word for word will have to occur.

Our universe is still expanding and even if it stopped expanding now there are are estimated to be about 200 billion galaxies, and if only a 3rd of them have 10 billion planets(the milky way is a small galaxy and it has over 30 billion so im keeping the number small), there ends up being a number with about 60 zeros when it comes to the number of planets in our universe. With that many possibilities of coincidences going on, theres bound to be a set coincedences that caused us to exist and probably tons of other forms of life out there.

Just like the infinite monkeys theory.

So yea no one cared enough to create us. We just here by coincidence. No one cares enough about us to punish or reward us.

Dont need to be a scientist to get this conclusion either. Just take look out your window at night. the universe is way too vast for any of this to matter.

So...Where did the monkeys typing out all these coincidences come from?...Where did they get typewriters?...You so busy tryna not believe in God that you don't een see you gave more reason why there is a God...And again, nobody knows what God is...Highly doubt it's some old white dude in the clouds...But there is no fathomable way that all these sets of planets and galaxies and coincidences just suddenly appeared out of nothingness and began to "expand"...The fact that you confidently say the universe is expanding would imply that it has edges...What's beyond the edges?

Back