Welcome To aBlackWeb

How have YOU been impacted by the Corona virus? Share stories, experiences, etc..

put in a request to work from home verbally one day this week i put it in writing no response.. til i got a verbal response saying he is working on it.. at the jump he said they had to secure a vpn license

:huh2:

in my mind im like so what do it get it done.. that shit is not a matter of can... its WILL i didnt ask for a Unicorn

so back to the verbal response thursday he says i know you are frustrated blah blah.. im working on it take this week and ill TRY to work it out...

mind you on top of all of this my coworker son is positive. ilearned on tuesday from my coworker yesterday he says his wife with underlying conditions is positive and he cant get tested.. in all of this there has been no notification of such from any boss on this case...

so i took is suggestion and took next week fuck it... even though part of me feels that he is gonna try to play this week off using my sicktime for another week into some defacto self quarantine. without telling me whats what

:foh5:

Shit's getting real for me.
My employer going through chapter 11 + economic fallout from Covid 19 = me not going to have a job w/in the next 30-60 days.
I've been proactive in looking for a new gig over the past 2 weeks. I haven't been in the market in almost 13 years, and this isn't exactly the best time to be looking for a new job. I had a phone interview yesterday for a software engineeing position, and that shit was depressing as hell. On top of the stress from impending unemployment, my girl is high risk because she has severe COPD and a partial lung. She gets pneumonia at least once a year, but if she caught the 19 it would likely be a death sentence. I've basically been trying to keep her in the house and away from people as much as possible.

:cry:

put in a request to work from home verbally one day this week i put it in writing no response.. til i got a verbal response saying he is working on it.. at the jump he said they had to secure a vpn license

:huh2:

in my mind im like so what do it get it done.. that shit is not a matter of can... its WILL i didnt ask for a Unicorn

so back to the verbal response thursday he says i know you are frustrated blah blah.. im working on it take this week and ill TRY to work it out...

mind you on top of all of this my coworker son is positive. ilearned on tuesday from my coworker yesterday he says his wife with underlying conditions is positive and he cant get tested.. in all of this there has been no notification of such from any boss on this case...

so i took is suggestion and took next week fuck it... even though part of me feels that he is gonna try to play this week off using my sicktime for another week into some defacto self quarantine. without telling me whats what

:foh5:

Shoot him. And your coworker too.

Same apt across the way that had the hood titty bar is having a birthday party for a lil kid like 1 or 2 years old. They got a pinata, bbq grill, and a grip of kids and adults there from outside the complex and erruhthang.

:word?:

I don't wish this shit on nobody... But I will give absolutely ZERO fucks if them adults AND kids turn up with the shit.

... and they fuckin deserve it.

My daughter that works as an emt moved back to houston. Im honestly relieved cuz she wasn't taking the shit seriously. On some young and invincible shit

Told my other daughter today shes done. Fuck them burgers, not worth hers or the rest of the families health. Its pretty bad here.

Started a difficult discussion with my wife today. Her employer talking bout opening back up on the 4th and the mf'ers have had like 11 deaths so far.

This shit is nuts.

7-11 down the block now has a sign in the door that you can't even come inside without a mask on.

Guess I ain't going inside.

Found out an old friend of mine from high school that I had recently reconnected with died from Covid19 yesterday. Our class was supposed to have a reunion this summer and we were talking about linking up when I finally got to Tha D.

As far as I know, she died alone, like everyone else.

This shit is royally fucked up.

Changing careers after this. My job let us use liberal leave starting March. At will state. We not essential but we staying open and supposed to
apply social distancing. But we just sit ever other cubicle. So bout two weeks ago they sent an email saying you can only use up to 80 hours of liberal leave and need documation that you sick. But they retro it starting April first we didn’t didn’t get email till April 10th. Like they punishing niggas for staying home so we don’t get sick

Trivial in the grand scheme of what’s really happening out there but I ain’t had a haircut since February 22

Back