Welcome To aBlackWeb

FEATURED How Do You Feel About Kamala's Policy Proposals For Black Men?

test
No I got the point, and that's not the type of responses people tend to give. The vast majority talk about jobs, school, crime, loans, and way more important things. A tweet with 600 likes doesn't represent us, and we have to stop putting this false narrative out there
Wasn't there just a conversation about why this wasn't asked on social media? Or am I confusing thread topics

Random tweets are not a good representation of what black men want. So if you taking that tweet to heart, you're not looking hard enough

Im not using social media as a catch all...and i even believe it doesn't show the actual majority opinion...but i also won't pretend as if those aren't actual people who really believe that stupid shit. It's not about taking it to heart as much as showing an example of the answers given to the question of "what should Black men be asking of Kamala". Sometimes you just need to tell somebody they saying something stupid

Wasn't there just a conversation about why this wasn't asked on social media? Or am I confusing thread topics

There was...and some of the responses about why Black men in particular won't vote for her are filled with calling Kamala all sorts of hoes and bitches instead of actually reasoning. So when folks see stuff like that it's not hard to see why somebody would get the impression that sexism would be a driving force behind some of the anti Kamala sentiment. Especially when you got folks with large platforms repeating that very language. It's not representative of the majority at all but pretending they don't exist also doesn't help either

What?

Parks are being ruined due to homeless everywhere. That's not on working class Black communities, we just get zero protection for our parks, schools, and businesses when it comes to that garbage.

I'm trying to wrap my head aorund how you replied to a specific platform of rebuilding our school, roads, businesses, and so on......and pointed to trash as a park and say we're the problem lol.

No one is begging for investment, we've had billions stolen from our communities for decades. Bills earmarked for us spent elsewhere. And allocated funds squandered in our local institutions. You did ask what specific things could be proposed, and you were given it. We gave billions to rebuild Iraq, but we allows our own communities to waste away.

Infrastructure is the backbone of everything. Rebuilding it would have generational impact.
You missed the whole point. What’s the point of investment if it goes to shit in a few years? I was using the park example because it’s a microcosm of what you’re asking. You want money poured back into the community, but then what? People need to start thinking past step 1 to steps 2-100.

And if you bring police into the community to protect those schools and homes, then people complain of over policing. So which do we want? We need to be clear and stop the double speak.

We DO take pride in our communities. The majority of our community works and raise families like everyone else. Why are you focused on a fraction who are druggies and lowlifes? We bash the government because it isn't shit. Our communities haven't been invested in for decades, while white communities always get infrastructure investment from their local leaders.

When elections come around we're supposed to give 100% support, but damn if we ask for specific things for our votes, it's the same shit everytime. And then they wonder why we're sitting out lol
Then why are there so many issues for which we need investment to fix?

All I’m saying is yes, we need investment, but each community that gets that investment needs a plan to utilize it so the improvements are sustained for generations to come. And that plan can involve the government, police, etc., but we have to know what we need and want. Do we want more police or do we want to keep them out? If out, who’s going to protect this new infrastructure?

Who’s going to make sure the funds go to the right places and not be mishandled by greedy leaders? Who’s going to make sure the kids have all of the resources and good teachers to succeed? Do we need government entities to handle all of this oversight? Or do we want government out? If out, then who will provide oversight?

We got to stop acting like just throwing money at the problem is going to fix it without a plan to sustain it.

We DO take pride in our communities. The majority of our community works and raise families like everyone else. Why are you focused on a fraction who are druggies and lowlifes? We bash the government because it isn't shit. Our communities haven't been invested in for decades, while white communities always get infrastructure investment from their local leaders.

When elections come around we're supposed to give 100% support, but damn if we ask for specific things for our votes, it's the same shit everytime. And then they wonder why we're sitting out lol

That small fraction causes the most damage. So there must be some focus put onto how to curb that. Because you can't pretend as if that small faction doesn't have effects that reach beyond them

You missed the whole point. What’s the point of investment if it goes to shit in a few years? I was using the park example because it’s a microcosm of what you’re asking. You want money poured back into the community, but then what? People need to start thinking past step 1 to steps 2-100.

And if you bring police into the community to protect those schools and homes, then people complain of over policing. So which do we want? We need to be clear and stop the double speak.
It won't go to shit though. Are you acting like we can't take care of communities? There are middle class black neighborhoods that thrive. The one's that are in bad shape almost always are like that because of crumbling infrasturce. If your roads, schools, buildings, business are in disrepair then money leaves, and crime comes in.

Infrastructure investment works, but again only happens when a community get's gentrified sadly.

Then why are there so many issues for which we need investment to fix?

All I’m saying is yes, we need investment, but each community that gets that investment needs a plan to utilize it so the improvements are sustained for generations to come. And that plan can involve the government, police, etc., but we have to know what we need and want. Do we want more police or do we want to keep them out? If out, who’s going to protect this new infrastructure?

Who’s going to make sure the funds go to the right places and not be mishandled by greedy leaders? Who’s going to make sure the kids have all of the resources and good teachers to succeed? Do we need government entities to handle all of this oversight? Or do we want government out? If out, then who will provide oversight?

We got to stop acting like just throwing money at the problem is going to fix it without a plan to sustain it.
Topic is about proposals, and when something is proposed......it's like "why do we have so many issues to fix"? 🤣

I'm not advocating throwing money indirectly at the problem, that's the bullshit we always hear. I'm talking specifically putting forth a bill to rebuild OUR communities that were abandoned decades ago. Infrastructure bills are nothing new, so make it happen. Housing is inadequate, Schools are falling apart and overcrowded. Roads are in horrible shape. Electric grids, and water sourcing is a mess. Businesses could use grants to fix up old buildings that are crumbling. There's a host of things Kamala could do to directly impact things.

It won't go to shit though. Are you acting like we can't take care of communities? There are middle class black neighborhoods that thrive. The one's that are in bad shape almost always are like that because of crumbling infrasturce. If your roads, schools, buildings, business are in disrepair then money leaves, and crime comes in.

Infrastructure investment works, but again only happens when a community get's gentrified sadly.

This isn't a situation where more than 1 thing can't be true. Yes it's true folks do take care of things that just looks better. Newer things do get better care and there's plenty of old shit. I tell folks all the time I was 15 when I fully realized the real difference in education I had been getting in private school vs my friends in public school when I switched over in my 11th grade year and in the Algebra 2 class they were using the same book I used for my Algebra 1 class at my old school. So shit like that legit needs to be addressed and invested into as well. It's a combination of things that cause shit to function the way it does.

That small fraction causes the most damage. So there must be some focus put onto how to curb that. Because you can't pretend as if that small faction doesn't have effects that reach beyond them
What damage does the small fraction cause? Please tell me. The issues we deal with aren't caused by them, it's been caused by corruption and abandonment the past few decades. We didn't have these problems in our parks in the past until homelessness became ok, but that's not "our" issue, that's a bigger national problem. We definitely shouldn't have them allow to sleep in front of businesses and take over parks, because that's only hurts us. The lack of housing, business investment, quality schools, and basic infrastructure also isn't due to that small fraction.

This isn't a situation where more than 1 thing can't be true. Yes it's true folks do take care of things that just looks better. Newer things do get better care and there's plenty of old shit. I tell folks all the time I was 15 when I fully realized the real difference in education I had been getting in private school vs my friends in public school when I switched over in my 11th grade year and in the Algebra 2 class they were using the same book I used for my Algebra 1 class at my old school. So shit like that legit needs to be addressed and invested into as well. It's a combination of things that cause shit to function the way it does.
I can vibe with this. I went to a great elementary public school and can't say enough how good the teachers there were. But the middle school I went to wasn't shit. Had to go to private school to get a good high school education based on where they wanted to send me. Standards were just too low

The problem with education is deep. It goes back to parents most of all, but too many teachers and admins aren't worth a damn anymore either.

What damage does the small fraction cause? Please tell me. The issues we deal with aren't caused by them, it's been caused by corruption and abandonment the past few decades. We didn't have these problems in our parks in the past until homelessness became ok, but that's not "our" issue, that's a bigger national problem. We definitely shouldn't have them allow to sleep in front of businesses and take over parks, because that's only hurts us. The lack of housing, business investment, quality schools, and basic infrastructure also isn't due to that small fraction.

That small fraction, and this is coming from my professional experience not personal, does cause the most property damage and increase in social issues that further can drag things down. It's up to both the residents and owners of a property/neighborhood to combat this. This is why I said ownership of homes in your community is so important. Because people naturally become more invested when they have a personal stake in things. Yes there are things outside of our control, but the things we can control sometimes are dismissed as if following certain structures aren't for us aka "White people shit", ive heard this term used more than you can imagine when speaking with people about the conditions of their homes, when sometimes it's just common decency for where you lay your head at. Those are the things I notice most because that often isn't due to any outside factors but more about how much people feel personally invested in where they love at

And we’re talking about those that are in bad shape, right?

So what happens in gentrification? Investment is made then actions are taken to sustain. So investment only works when there is a plan to sustain. You throw money into these communities that are already in bad shape without a plan to sustain then it’s pointless. Negative elements won’t just leave because all of a sudden things are nice.

To your point in your other post about homelessness, that should be part of the sustainability. Fund programs that get these people somewhere else and hopefully grow out of homelessness. Then have a just police presence to keep criminals out.

Let me add

Kamala Harris proposed legalizing marijuana as a benefit which she can do and will eventually happen looking at the states. With that comes a Sin tax for recreational and those sin taxes are usually reallocated to either education or infrastructure. Why not propose, with her power to push Congress to prioritize allocation of taxes from this new industry which currently stands as the Wild West on the state level to the local African American communities funding grant programs for businesses, infrastructure, and schools which would fall inline with the Opioid lawsuit against the Sackler family. Line your local Congressman and women to grandstand if it’s not placed at the top of the docket of within a new session of Congress.

No other group is asking to be lied to on National TV. They’re all lining up to cut deals to raid the tax coffers. Folks need to drop the expectation that any politician will do right by you unless you’re laying them or have them dead to rights.

Back