Welcome To aBlackWeb

How do we combat “Gentrification”?

Check this thread and look and how we view each other

No identity, no unity, no love

On the partly relevant side, I heard a nigga say “Black & Latino communities” the other day and it’s been bugging the shit outta me trying to understand what he meant by that and how those are different people.

These are all singular issues, war tactics, while we ain’t established basics. Within a few generations they disconnected us from who we are and it’s hard as fuck to march forward w/o a foundation

i got you too when i get unbusy.

its not about just giving...its a process.
and not everyone in the hood is bad with money...some just dont make alot
There are people with money that are bad with management. Its not about how much you make, but how you spend it. All the blacks I know own fancy clothes, but the whites own homes/property. If they don't have much money then why do the spend a grip on weed and Jordans? I kept the same shoes for years and don't buy Jordans period since about 10 years and they were on sale. My moms is drownig in CC debt and has been since the 90s. Most blacks got bad spending habits from my experience.

There are people with money that are bad with management. Its not about how much you make, but how you spend it. All the blacks I know own fancy clothes, but the whites own homes/property. If they don't have much money then why do the spend a grip on weed and Jordans? I kept the same shoes for years and don't buy Jordans period since about 10 years and they were on sale. My moms is drownig in CC debt and has been since the 90s. Most blacks got bad spending habits from my experience.
i know yall not gonna let this ride.

man oh man.....a few more hours.

There’s more than fuckery in the hood y’all ...lot of great ppl too...a lot of older ppl refuse to move from the house they bought so they just stay as the neighborhood deteriorates

True.

Everybody in the hood isn't a criminal, hooligan, hoodrat, thug, etc.

For the most part, it's just a case of a few bad apples messing it up for everybody.

Even then, the quote/unquote "bad apples" aren't necessarily bad apples.

They're just products of their environment.

We have to take care our neighborhoods,

Like foreal. Clean that shit up, cut your grass, pick up trash you see on your block. Fix your blinds and stop leaving them like toddler just ran through them for months on end.

Simple shit like that.

Have a sense of pride that would make folks thats already there owning the property want to stay there and forever and not just sell it off because the neighborhood is breaking down.

Have neighborhood meetings to discuss shit. Voting the right folks in place for city.

HAVE SOME DAMN PRIDE

I've heard someone express a similar sentiment before.

However, for some reason, too many people got in their feelings when they heard it.

Case in point:

Bill Cosby clip.gif

That's a tough one since all the power in the city from the Mayor to the police to the wealthy developers and investors are working towards the same goal and that's to get us the fuck up outta there.

Facts.

Money is power. Need more wealthy blacks investing in the communities. Also...voting during your local elections plays a part also. Put in folks who has our best interest in helping revitalizing the communities. Rather than selling the them off just to fill their pockets

He made people who want to build luxury apartments set aside units for affordable rent for lower income people. The crackas don’t like that but it is what it is.

What's foul about it is that they can't come in the building through the front of the building and also have to use different elevators to get to their units.

They also limit their access to any amenities the building might have: swimming pool, gym, etc.

Theres that but there's also the property taxes when you do own. Ppl not just being priced out of places they rent, they being priced out of homes they been paid off 30 yrs ago.

To add to this...what would you rather do?

Pay high ass property tax plus the costs of living increases to stay in the neighborhood with people you dont know? Or take them six figures and chill out in the suburbs?

If your most of our age (late 20s, 30s) you may wait it out. If you're 60 and above its a little harder.

Pay high ass property tax plus the costs of living increases to stay in the neighborhood with people you dont know? Or take them six figures and chill out in the suburbs?

If your most of our age (late 20s, 30s) you may wait it out. If you're 60 and above its a little harder.
people you dont know?

so you'll move just because white people you dont know is moving in?

What's foul about it is that they can't come in the building through the front of the building and also have to use different elevators to get to their units.

They also limit their access to any amenities the building might have: swimming pool, gym, etc.
Where u get this?

Facts.

Money is power. Need more wealthy blacks investing in the communities.

i always felt this but this is a tricky situation.

this is where @Duwop idea comes in.....the mindframe needs to change.
i dont want to invest into something where the people wont take care of it.
i dont want to invest in something where people feel entitled to it....thus not taking care of it.
then you have people that will appreciate it and those who need it.

i always preach black businesses and get push back because yadda yadda yadda.
but if black people dont bring the black businesses.....whos going to help out the black people who live in the areas we want to help?

we need black people from the wealthy side and the lower income side to make this work.
and we need to stop with people thinks someone is looking down and making people not feel welcomed. whos black and who aint black.
its clearly a economical and class divide mindframe we need to squash.

Move to the suburbs, hold on to the property, and rent it out.

Assuming, of course, that you can afford to move to the suburbs without selling the house.

Back