Welcome To aBlackWeb

Added to Calendar: 06-16-24

Pick A Team

• Team Black

• Team Green

Results are only viewable after voting.
So what is the logic of the show runners and writers to not follow how the characters are in the books and make them completely different?

Is this normal of other shows and movies that come from books?

Now that I think about it more that rhaenys dragon shit was stupid lol

Like I loved it for the character and I think she got the best looking dragon thus far....but we can file that moment with the other questionable writing decisions of the season.

Ordinarily, I'd say ima just wait for the next ep to see if the character explains themselves, but the showrunners said the reason was bc rhaenys didn't wana obliterate another mother. 🤨😖
Anything but that reasoning woulda been better.
She killed a bunch of men, women, and kids when the dragon broke through the ground

So what is the logic of the show runners and writers to not follow how the characters are in the books and make them completely different?

It's normal although a lot of people complain about it in every movie/show so I don't know why they don't just stick to the source material other than to have their own vision of the material

Well put it like this

The books foe this conflict are not novels. You don't have access to their internal monologs

They are written as history books with multiple narrators...they are presented as "just the facts as we know them"

They needed to flesh out the story and give alot of the characters more meat

Some changes I like.....some I dont....most of the characters in the books are gray characters

In the show....it's clear they are "leaning toward a faction"

I have the The Rogue Prince audio book

I can upload it here after the season finale....their won't be any future spoilers in that book

Well put it like this

The books foe this conflict are not novels. You don't have access to their internal monologs

They are written as history books with multiple narrators...they are presented as "just the facts as we know them"

Some changes I like.....some I dont....most of the characters in the books are gray characters

I can upload it here after the season finale....their won't be any future spoilers in that book

So why not flesh out the characters with how they are written in the book?

Do the writers and show runners get more credit and acclaim for changing characters if that character becomes a fan favorite?

I really like the show but I think they made a mistake by trying to go to far un humanizing certain characters.

Book Rhaenys would have flamebroiled their asses....please believe she is with the shits

Even Rhaenyra....even though she was loved throughout the realm she was more brutal in the books

And on the flipside they have gone out of their way to drive home the greens ain't shit while going to far to humanize Alicent

I'm not saying they need to make all of the characters complete trash but it just seems out of balance
Yea I haven't read the book, but I know of certain events I just don't know the circumstances around em/leading up to. So im letting the show fill that in for me.

I'm just kinda over the inner conflict and indecisiveness all these characters be having. Idc if yall go back to the sandbox. Let's get to the beef.

She killed a bunch of men, women, and kids when the dragon broke through the ground
Right which is why that explanation aint make no sense lol.

They could've accomplished the same thing with aegon's dragon killing mad ppl or just having rhaenys escape and be seen flying away with no casualties.

Well put it like this

So why not flesh out the characters with how they are written in the book?

Do the writers and show runners get more credit and acclaim for changing characters if that character becomes a fan favorite?
Well....the characters as they are written in the books are barebones.....the book is written simply as a history book....detailing the events and actions of both sides

If I had to guess....the showrunners and GRRM wanted to add more personality to the characters....most of it is good...but there are some flaws

Well put it like this

Well....the characters as they are written in the books are barebones.....the book is written simply as a history book....detailing the events and actions of both sides

If I had to guess....the showrunners and GRRM wanted to add more personality to the characters....most of it is good...but there are some flaws

Cool

Now that I think about it more that rhaenys dragon shit was stupid lol

Like I loved it for the character and I think she got the best looking dragon thus far....but we can file that moment with the other questionable writing decisions of the season.

Ordinarily, I'd say ima just wait for the next ep to see if the character explains themselves, but the showrunners said the reason was bc rhaenys didn't wana obliterate another mother. 🤨😖
Anything but that reasoning woulda been better.
There's a bit amount of bad writing that we're choosing to ignore this season for fuckery purposes lol😬This was just the latest lol

Back