Welcome To aBlackWeb

Homophobia in the black community, or gay agenda? The effeminization debate

...............you brought it up in that instance.
no i pointed out racism is not the same as homophobia because it is not a system. and you said i was arguing semantics cuz you weren't talking about institutional racism you were talking about general racism.... which is just
:lmao2:

i'll give you that,

but i'll also point out he's generally recognized as a villain because of it.....not a champion of american ideals
America doesn't have a broad general sense of ideals anymore if ever, this is the same country that said all men where free and equal while at the same time practiced slavery.

no i pointed out racism is not the same as homophobia because it is not a system. and you said i was arguing semantics cuz you weren't talking about institutional racism you were talking about general racism.... which is just
:lmao2:
So you really believe general racism doesn't exist? Every white person has the power to racially discriminate against poc's and poc's can't be racist in the slightest? Cause the reality I live in says otherwise...that's general/aka everyday racism

Again you where the one who brought up institutional racism, I literally never mentioned it until you did.

No I meant I don't think I have posted in this thread, just reactions which may have been done on accident cuz I have told goldie the reaction buttons are too damn small lol

Anyway here is my small opinion

No I do not equate the gay plight equal to what blacks have gone through.

I am on the fence about whether or not someone is born gay or if it is choice, environmental etc (as I don't think it is a one size fits all) but what I do know is as stated you can hide the fact that you are gay, you can't hide your skin color

I do think men overreach at times. Ex-my ex who would swear up and down that he was not homophobic would not go into the department I worked in because my coworker was a gay (black) male. I would say over and over he knows you aren't gay, won't hit on you and further doesn't want you as he has been with his partner for years. To me it was like him saying ' I am not racist but' I mean you are or aren't.

You mentioned a gay club-all of them are not like that. I have been to one and with a mixed group of friends, I did not see the straight men being hit on but who knows

As far as my offspring, naturally they were raised in a hetero household with hetero sided views. I did not at any time bash gays in front of them though when they were young I did not get into the conversation as I felt they were not able to comprehend fully.

I don't know if there is an agenda to feminize black men- I think as far as movies as you mentioned once they realize they can make bread off dressing in drag then it is their choice to project that image. No one is holding a gun to these black men saying put on a dress or you won't work-they could easily decline the role. But hey we all do a little something strange for some change, amirite?! :)
you close...

but yea, yall see how i joke..and i joke a lot more person, and i do make tons of gay jokes in real life, and i also joke around with gay people a whole lot...
i could make a whole thread of hilarious exchanges and adventures i've had with gay people.. cuz most of it is hilarious to me, but i can see how people would view it all as homophobic, but i largely think they're full of shit....so i just argue it from this stance....

but yea, not wanting to go around gay people... dude over doing it....that's what you call a homophobe

i think the most homophobic thing i ever did was once a gay friend of mines called to check up on me cuz he hadn't heard from me for a minute after i quit a certain job and wanted to make sure i was good, cuz everybody knew i was geeking a lot back then... and it was a good talk, i was glad he reached out, and everything was good....

after i got off the phone with him.....i kinda stared off for a minute and called another homeboy we worked with....

"yo"
"yo"
"whassup?"
"nuffin man"
"so what you call me for?"
"um....jade called me, just talked to him for a minute, he was just checking up on me"
*silence*

*silence*

*silence*

"so waht the fuck you telling me for?"
"well i'm normally chilling with you, and if jade be at work like..yea i just talked to D, it would seem kinda weird if you was like'i tlka to this nigga damn near every day and he ain't say shit about jade'"

*silence*

"you gay as shit nigga"
"fuck you"

and that was prolly the most homophobic conversation i've ever had.....

So you really believe general racism doesn't exist? Every white person has the power to racially discriminate against poc's and poc's can't be racist in the slightest? Cause the reality I live in says otherwise...that's general/aka everyday racism

Again you where the one who brought up institutional racism, I literally never mentioned it until you did.
racism is racism bruh.....

‘Billions’ Star Challenges Emmys Male-Female Acting Categories
asia-kate-dillon-billions.jpg

“I’d like to know if in your eyes ‘actor’ and ‘actress’ denote anatomy or identity and why it is necessary to denote either in the first place? The reason I’m hoping to engage you in a conversation about this is because if the categories of ‘actor’ and ‘actress’ are in fact supposed to represent ‘best performance by a person who identifies as a woman’ and ‘best performance by a person who identifies as a man’ then there is no room for my identity within that award system binary. Furthermore, if the categories of ‘actor’ and ‘actress’ are meant to denote assigned sex I ask, respectfully, why is that necessary?”
http://variety.com/2017/tv/news/bil...llon-emmy-awards-gender-nonbinary-1202023724/

:smh:

SMH.gif

C'mon man. Smh.

America doesn't have a broad general sense of ideals anymore if ever, this is the same country that said all men where free and equal while at the same time practiced slavery.
lol, and that has been declared utter bullshit by the people as well... complete different conversation....

racism is racism bruh.....
That's my point, but in most everyday situations you can just walk that shit off and move on, that's why I said institutional racism is different. Because it's not something that you can just walk away from, it effects your everyday life.

That's my point, but in most everyday situations you can just walk that shit off and move on, that's why I said institutional racism is different. Because it's not something that you can just walk away from, it effects your everyday life.
racism and homophobia aren't equal parallels

must've been calliou's ass
naw leo from labrats.. which sucks cuz he's like the token black kid....and he's an habitual liar.....

but i heard of calliou....he's clap on site

oKKKKKKKKkkkkkkkkkkk you cant give a hate speech directed towards homosexuality, then say you love gay ppl :yikes2:

its not adding BDP

Bruh

Did you even read my post?

Where was there hate speech?

You that ready to disagree that you making shit up?

Say it aint so...

folks hate on calilou so much

man fuck calliou lol

he did some shit and blamed it on po Rosie

LMAO

im with Du...we switched it to Bob the builder

i dont mind my daughter taking an interest in building things, but she aint gon learn how to lie from a cartoon

Homosexuality is not a "lifestyle".....its someones personhood.

many gay ppl, if not all, feel their sexuality isnt a choice.

I always cringe when ppl say "I disagree with homosexuality"

hate to break it you but you dont really have a choice to agree or disagree on something that is innate in someone else.
that's like saying "I disapprove of redheads because their hair is red" like come on lmaooooo
what exactly don't you agree with? @BDP the existence of it? you dont like it being visible?
you dont like the fact sexuality is mutable?
people who dont ID as heterosexual shouldn't be allowed to live and love freely?

I even know of ppl who hate gay people but said they would fight for them to have equal rights....
how can you fight for a people you dont deem human? how can you fight for people and then turn around and slander them?
it makes no sense.

if you are cool with ostracizing and vilifying gay people then you are also cool with the abuse many of them face.
you are cool with them being killed taking their own lives.

"NO IM NOT"
yes you are....your sheer "dislike" of homosexuality says to me: you will allow, look away, promote the suffering of the LGBTQ.

Ill give you an example, a man was found hanging from a tree in Atlanta, London Jermaine

ppl were so upset! they knew for sure it was a hate crime. there were sooo many think-pieces. Black lives matter protest, the whole 9
then it later came out that he was Gay and everyone went silent, ppl lost interest, news reporters went home.

Jermaine had killed himself.

and just because he was Gay.....people stopped caring.
and I thought "wow" does a Black life only matter if they are heterosexual?
does Black life only matter if the person was killed at the hands of white people?

A Gay Black Man killed himself, lynched himself in Piedmont Park because of the abuse inflicted on him by other Black people in his community and this shit happens all the time.

and you dont see how your views contribute to the trauma and violence in our communities?

why doesn't GAY BLACK MEN AND WOMEN'S DEATH WARRANT OUTRAGE?
why?
tell me why?

so no you dont love Gay people because to love them is to love all of their human parts.

which includes their sexuality

Yeah....

I think you are dead set on painting me as something im not.

Its cool tho. Cause you only know me through text on a screen love.

You have no idea about how invested i am in the lives of the two gay teens I mentor. How one has a shakey relationship with his father beecause of his sexuality and he cones and talks to me about it asks me how he should handle it...even tho he KNOWS I disagree woth his lifestyle.

You wanna know why he talks to me bout it...because he knows I genuinely love and care about him as a person.... This same young man tried to kill himself over the summer...and it hurt me to the core cause if he would have succeeded I would have lost a little brother.

Im not homophobic and there aint shit you and all your intellectual hotep buzzwords can do to change my mind bout that love.

I still love you queen. We just aint never gon see eye to eye on this

Yeah....

I think you are dead set on painting me as something im not.

Its cool tho. Cause you only know me through text on a screen love.

You have no idea about how invested i am in the lives of the two gay teens I mentor. How one has a shakey relationship with his father beecause of his sexuality and he cones and talks to me about it asks me how he should handle it...even tho he KNOWS I disagree woth his lifestyle.

You wanna know why he talks to me bout it...because he knows I genuinely love and care about him as a person.... This same young man tried to kill himself over the summer...and it hurt me to the core cause if he would have succeeded I would have lost a little brother.

Im not homophobic and there aint shit you and all your intellectual hotep buzzwords can do to change my mind bout that love.

I still love you queen. We just aint never gon see eye to eye on this

why do yall use hotep in the wrong context?

your stances are more aligned with hotep thinking than mines love.

Back