Welcome To aBlackWeb

HOF or FOH: Rasheed Wallace

HOF or FOH: Rasheed Wallace

• Total voters
This is what used to piss me off about Sheed!

Dude would be cookin' for like 4 or 5 straight possessions and then just start being passive.

Dude had one of the most complete offensive games a PF could have and underutilized it. SMH
Exactly. Dude was too passive. He was always the most talented player on his teams during his prime.

My man says he “deferred” A lot

let’s look at those blazers teams that Rasheed spent his prime on

EEDABD2C-5C4F-4070-A296-43774B7F12BB.jpeg
9E6CE516-CF48-450F-BEE6-AAB71BFA05E4.jpeg
B702DCD4-1307-49B5-AAF4-61E163F4FFC1.jpeg 37B2DE72-2A6D-484B-B2D7-7E5B8B623BA3.jpeg 6A0A380C-B4AA-4C51-BD30-24233141C274.jpeg 1FE4EEC3-5AF0-4FAA-9B26-8FCC25E6A97B.jpeg 7FF539A3-666B-4051-8C96-FCBC2329C507.jpeg

Until Z-Bo got there he was clearly the best player on the team and all he did was give you his typical 17-19 ppg and around 7 rebs

it’s solid but come on man him over Kevin love? Lol love’s lowest rebound rate is higher than peak Rasheed

My man says he “deferred” A lot

let’s look at those blazers teams that Rasheed spent his prime on

View attachment 275231
View attachment 275237
View attachment 275232View attachment 275233View attachment 275234View attachment 275235View attachment 275236

Until Z-Bo got there he was clearly the best player on the team and all he did was give you his typical 17-19 ppg and around 7 rebs

it’s solid but come on man him over Kevin love? Lol love’s lowest rebound rate is higher than peak Rasheed
What does Love do better offensively than Sheed? They’re damn near close offensively and Sheed is clearly the better defender so that means Sheed>>Love. And as a bonus he led his team to the playoffs...

What does Love do better offensively than Sheed? They’re damn near close offensively and Sheed is clearly the better defender so that means Sheed>>Love. And as a bonus he led his team to the playoffs...

Idk sheed numbers are just ok not HOF worthy

Offensively Love is better at FT shooting, 3pt shooting, passing and offensive rebounding

I’ll be generous and say both of them have comparable post games

fun fact: Rasheed has 1 40+ point reg season game his career and it took him 6 seasons

Kevin love has 11

Sheed is a 'had to be there' all-star. Younger kids are gonna look at his stats and be like 'What's the big deal? Dude wasn't that good.'. But any of us who actually saw him play and came up in that era know the deal. And antawn Jamison is a good example. Jamison has way better numbers than Sheed. Those of us who saw them both play know that Sheed was better. He just was.

Offensively Love is better at FT shooting, 3pt shooting, passing and offensive rebounding

I’ll be generous and say both of them have comparable post games

fun fact: Rasheed has 1 40+ point reg season game his career and it took him 6 seasons

Kevin love has 11
I already said Love was the better rebounder. Better 3 point shooter? How? Sheed came in an era where big men primarily played in the post, Love played mostly in the era where bigs are asked to step out and shoot more. Sheed is the better passer.

Fun fact: Rasheed Wallace led his team to the playoffs something Love has never done.

I already said Love was the better rebounder. Better 3 point shooter? How? Sheed came in an era where big men primarily played in the post, Love played mostly in the era where bigs are asked to step out and shoot more. Sheed is the better passer.

Fun fact: Rasheed Wallace led his team to the playoffs something Love has never done.
You said offensively and I told you offensively how he was

And you can use that era caveat all you want but sheed never shot above league average from 3 except for 2 years. And you said sheed came up when bigs played in the post but when love came in he played for 5 or 6 years before the change happened. You make it seem like love has no post game. I said they had comparable post games as it’s pretty even. Just because you said Rasheed was a better passer don’t mean that he is.

You doing a lot of defending for a player who didn’t meet expectations individually

You said offensively and I told you offensively how he was

And you can use that era caveat all you want but sheed never shot above league average from 3 except for 2 years. And you said sheed came up when bigs played in the post but when love came in he played for 5 or 6 years before the change happened. You make it seem like love has no post game. I said they had comparable post games as it’s pretty even. Just because you said Rasheed was a better passer don’t mean that he is.

You doing a lot of defending for a player who didn’t meet expectations individually
Yes it does matter especially if the guy you’re defending is shooting more 3’s per game than the guy you’re arguing against. If they attempt the same amount of 3’s and one guy makes them at a better clip then fine. The point is that Sheed can do things offensively that Love can, and he is a better defender, you talked about his PPG, I gave you context for that. You saying Love is a better passer don’t make him so either.

I’m defending the guy because I know how good he was.

lol I know how good rasheed was too

Get off your high horse. He coulda been great but he wasn’t

Didn’t play to his full potential

I can simply say love was so much of a better shooter that he had the ability to win a 3pt contest

Also crazy how you wanna ignore all numbers and wanna do a eye test because you know love washes sheed in majority of stats

Sheed is a 'had to be there' all-star. Younger kids are gonna look at his stats and be like 'What's the big deal? Dude wasn't that good.'. But any of us who actually saw him play and came up in that era know the deal. And antawn Jamison is a good example. Jamison has way better numbers than Sheed. Those of us who saw them both play know that Sheed was better. He just was.

Was he really better than Jamison though? Lol.

If I honestly had to choose between the 2 while filling out my roster I'm taking Wallace but that's more due to me leaning towards having a strong defensive team. Jamison though was a good pro and a really good NCAA player who was consistent and effective with his approach. Wallace wasn't consistent with his output or even game day temperament

Was he really better than Jamison though? Lol.

If I honestly had to choose between the 2 while filling out my roster I'm taking Wallace but that's more due to me leaning towards having a strong defensive team. Jamison though was a good pro and a really good NCAA player who was consistent and effective with his approach. Wallace wasn't consistent with his output or even game day temperament

Yes.

Next question...

Back