Welcome To aBlackWeb

HOF or FOH: Devin Hester

HOF or FOH: Devin Hester

• Total voters
It is true. If you get taken off special teams you're probably too good (a starter at your position) or you're not good enough to be on the team. Hester may not have been on a roster if he couldn't return kicks. He wasn't good at DB or WR.

It's generally where the less talented players play. Most fantasy football rosters aren't even starting people that are primary return men.

If you just running down the field to make tackle or block. Yeah you're probably a 2nd/3rd string LB or Safety or WR.

But the returners (punt/kick-off) are actually positions.

If you just running down the field to make tackle or block. Yeah you're probably a 2nd/3rd string LB or Safety or WR.

But the returners (punt/kick-off) are actually positions.

It's a fall-back position. If you have a returner that should be starting on offense or defense you don't have them returning usually. You make someone further down the depth chart do it. I'm sure Tyreek Hill could still be a good returner, but he's a starting WR.

Here's a Devin Hester highlight film. It shows all of his returns for a touchdown including the punt return that broke Dieon Sanders record for most combined returns. One thing I noticed was that Atlanta beat Tampa Bay 56-14 in that game.

Here's a Devin Hester highlight film. It shows all of his returns for a touchdown including the punt return that broke Dieon Sanders record for most combined returns. One thing I noticed was that Atlanta beat Tampa Bay 56-14 in that game.

And now they're last in the division. Crazy how times change.

Bow you got some horrible takes man lmao

Returning kicks is a skillset not many players have bro.

And the idea that “your not good so lets just let this not good player return kicks” is trash and completely baseless

A bad take how?

You really think Tyreek Hill just lost his ability to do returns and someone better beat him out?

Hopkins is an example too. I think he said on Hard Knocks some years back that he wasn't gonna return kicks. He talked like he was above it, and I'm confident he's capable of doing it. @Hustlelitó you remeber what I'm talking about? I think he was talking to a teammate and compared himself to Jerry Rice.

You really think the best skills-position players around the league show up to camp every year and lose out in open competitions for a returner role? Or that they don't even try to compete for it because they know they can't hang with their backups' backup? C'mon man...

Here it is again for his GW return against the Giants. Said Reid asked him what he wanted, and he said he'd step in if they needed him late.

The spot was there for him whenever he wanted it.

@BDP™️ @Revolver Ocelot

Like I said...

Desean Jackson came up and said he'd return the punt, and just took that spot no questions asked. If he's not the better return man, why'd the let him do it? My comment still baseless @BDP™️ ?

Yes it's still baseless.

Cuz your acting like a returner isn't an actual position on the football team.

And Devin Hester was one of the best to ever do it.

Yes it's still baseless.

Cuz your acting like a returner isn't an actual position on the football team.

And Devin Hester was one of the best to ever do it.

Y'all make up arguments in your head. When did I say it's not a position? Of course it's a position. Everyone on the field is playing a position. I spoke on the caliber of players in the position. Jackson proved it.

If you're playing a QB, RB, WR, DE, etc. you're playing the best player that team can provide in that spot (special circumstances put aside). DJAX couldn't have just taken over for the QB, TE, S, RB, or CB just because he said so because they're already playing their best people.

Him being able to take over punts whenever he wants to lets you know they're not playing the best person available. That's what I've been saying from the beginning.

Y'all make up arguments in your head. When did I say it's not a position? Of course it's a position. Everyone on the field is playing a position. I spoke on the caliber of players in the position. Jackson proved it.

If you're playing a QB, RB, WR, DE, etc. you're playing the best player that team can provide in that spot (special circumstances put aside). DJAX couldn't have just taken over for the QB, TE, S, RB, or CB just because he said so because they're already playing their best people.

Him being able to take over punts whenever he wants to lets you know they're not playing the best person available. That's what I've been saying from the beginning.

Bruh, you been shitting on the position the entire thread........ 1604323655162.png

Hmm. I want to lean yes on this one. But also, return men are usually people not very good at their main position position. So he's kinda the star of the players that weren't that good.
Naw because both of those are starting positions on defense. You usually get out on return duty on the regular when you're not that good.

I get it. That's why I want to lean yes with him since it's special teams. Just saying. It's a position top players mostly pass on.
It is true. If you get taken off special teams you're probably too good (a starter at your position) or you're not good enough to be on the team. Hester may not have been on a roster if he couldn't return kicks. He wasn't good at DB or WR.

It's generally where the less talented players play. Most fantasy football rosters aren't even starting people that are primary return men.

:foh5:

Everything you just quoted is the bolded. Like I said...I spoke on the caliber of the players at the position.

You’re saying the PR/KR position is inconsequential because anyone can step into the position?

You’re saying the PR/KR position is inconsequential because anyone can step into the position?

I'm not saying anyone can step in (I think Gronk is playing well, but he's not a returner). I'm saying it's a position where less talented players get to play. At any other position you have to be the best man in the roster to get that spot (except some young guys earning their stripes). That's why other people don't just get to step in for you. In Tampa nobody's subbing in for Brady, Evans, David, White, etc just because they said they want to.

As a returner, I don't think you're generally the best person on the roster for that job. I think the more elite talent on the roster is saved for starting offense/defense, so you're not really competing against the best for your spot. That's why when the game's on the line you'll see star players lined up to for returns.

ok cool...

using your logic...

who on the roster when Hester was in his prime is "stepping in" cause there are better options?

Back