Welcome To aBlackWeb

HipHop Would Not Exist Without Jamaicans & Puerto Ricans - KRS One

@Lion_Heart
Watch at 14:40

They start talking about them trying to copy RNB and that morphed into reggae and them finding their own sound .

You don't have to take it from me the Caribbean pioneer of toasting said it himself.They also talk about being influenced by Motown .

The main pioneer of toasting said he got that from black American Jive talk.

Last edited:
this a goofy ass convo imo. How bout we wrestle back control of distribution and ownership from those OTHERS that control it right now instead of crying about who was the first muhfucka to pop lock
I don't think it's goofy at all I think it's important that we have the facts correct .

I actually do care who was the first mother fucka to pop lock.

I can think about both of those topics

They’re talking about African culture.

If I moved to an African country, I’d be like a fish outta water.

The average black American is over 300 years removed from any connection to that continent.
I'm not going to say this is all African countries,but there was a big push for people to move back to Ghana specifically and there's a video of a lady talking about how they treat us like Americans out there and they even charge more for things legally and scam us and act aggressive and rude

She said she knew plenty good ppl out there too,but there was a lot of bullshit going on

She said she moving back here ASAP

Hip-hop/Rap music doesn’t even sound Caribbean, that shit sounds Black American ass fuck 😂 🤣🤣. Most of the samples they were using was from other Black American genres and artists that came before Hip-hop/Rap . Sampling Black American artists like James Brown , Isley Brothers , Parliament, Issac Hayes , The Supremes, Aretha Franklin, Barry White , Stevie Wonder, The Jacksons etc

The only reason Jamaicans and Puerto Ricans are tossed into this conversation of being part of the creation of Hip-hop/Rap in The Bronx cause of living close proximity to Black Americans in the Bronx.

Let’s put on our thinking caps for a second , you’re telling me a group of people( Black Americans) who created all of these other genres of music needed help creating Hip-hop/ Rap 🤣 when it’s just using elements like rapping ,a lyrical type of expression that no other race was using until Black Americans started doing it. You can see early signs of breakdancing in the 1950’s of Black American in suits doing crazy ass moves on Black and white television.

Genres of music Black Americans created
Blues
Soul
Jazz
Doo-wop
Funk
Rock n Roll
R&B
New Jack Swing
Bluegrass
House music
But Black Americans needed help creating Hip-hop/Rap, which is just borrowing elements and songs from old genres created by Black Americans 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Lol y’all want to be king of niggas so bad. Ain’t you from Jersey? Niggas from
The south dgaf

They are crazy. They act like other black folks are trying to take our shine. But these sane niggas let crackers slide daily. Y’all niggas don’t read shit.
I think it kind of is them trying to take our shine though

Ppl like krs,Pete Rock,and Busta saying flat out without Caribbeans that hip hop wouldn't exist all and that's just not true.

It's a fair argument that black Americans invented pretty much every genre of American music so how it took foreign blacks to invent a genre of music mostly influenced by music black Americans had already invented?

I don't think it's being divisive to state a fact.

I don't have any problem with Jamaicans or whoever ,I just don't believe they created hip hop .

Ain't no white ppl claiming they invented hip hop .

Lol y’all want to be king of niggas so bad. Ain’t you from Jersey? Niggas from
The south dgaf
I’m not from New Jersey, I’m from The Bronx River Park Towers .I literally lived down the block from 1520 Sedgwick Avenue .

Some Puerto Ricans were looking down on in the early days of Hip Hop/Rap music and calling it Jungle music. Fat Joe used to catch hell for hanging out with Black kids when he was growing up in the Bronx from other Puerto Ricans . Fat Joe had cousins that lived in my projects.

I’m not pulling this shit out of thin air ,these are actual facts.

@Lion_Heart
Watch at 14:40

They start talking about them trying to copy RNB and that morphed into reggae and them finding their own sound .

You don't have to take it from me the Caribbean pioneer of toasting said it himself.They also talk about being influenced by Motown .

The main pioneer of toasting said he got that from black American Jive talk.

I'm well versed in Reggae. My family is Jamaican and my father was a DJ there in the late 60's to mid 70's and even when he migrated to Canada he was still doing it and own a few record shops (one in Toronto and one in Montreal). You are talking about SKA and the early Reggae records that were influenced by R&B but cultural Roots Reggae was influenced from Africa.

I think it kind of is them trying to take our shine though

Ppl like krs,Pete Rock,and Busta saying flat out without Caribbeans that hip hop wouldn't exist all and that's just not true.

It's a fair argument that black Americans invented pretty much every genre of American music so how it took foreign blacks to invent a genre of music mostly influenced by music black Americans had already invented?

I don't think it's being divisive to state a fact.

I don't have any problem with Jamaicans or whoever ,I just don't believe they created hip hop .

Ain't no white ppl claiming they invented hip hop .

White people claimed rock and roll tho. Do you see outside these rappers Rican’s or Jamaicans at large saying this? I don’t. It’s not even like y’all are saying. Fat Joe and some old rapper said some Jamaica and Ricans were in the Bronx too? So what

Reactions: GNS
I’m not from New Jersey, I’m from The Bronx River Park Towers .I literally lived down the block from 1520 Sedgwick Avenue .

Some Puerto Ricans were looking down on in the early days of Hip Hop/Rap music and calling it Jungle music. Fat Joe used to catch hell for hanging out with Black kids when he was growing up in the Bronx from other Puerto Ricans . Fat Joe had cousins that lived in my projects.

I’m not pulling this shit out of thin air ,these are actual facts.

Some Puerto Ricans not liking it means what? We know they are racist. But y’all Bronx niggas let them in let them call you nigga and now look. But honestly do Puerto Ricans around you think they created hip hop or were just part of it?

Reactions: GNS
White people claimed rock and roll tho. Do you see outside these rappers Rican’s or Jamaicans at large saying this? I don’t. It’s not even like y’all are saying. Fat Joe and some old rapper said some Jamaica and Ricans were in the Bronx too? So what
Wym so what?

Ppl still know black ppl invented rock

Why should we just let ppl claim our shit?

We had a lot less freedom before hip hop.

A bunch of them said this not just them.

So many said it that I believed it for a long time.

White ppl don’t claim they created rock they just do rock

Last edited:
Back