Welcome To aBlackWeb

HipHop Would Not Exist Without Jamaicans & Puerto Ricans - KRS One

It's some separatist shit which I don't fuck with when it comes to black people.
It's too much people against us to start infighting.

I do try to hear out everybody B4 I pass judgement tho.

This fba movement started gaining traction when some African Americans thought international niggaz wanted their reparations lol which they haven't even gotten yet and it's gone on since then.

My thing is international blacks want their own reparations.shit British and US owe us anyway

The fba exists because of black immigrants like @Blue_London have unprovoked animosity towards black Americans

For example He said he was "praying" for black Americans to have our culture stolen

We are tired of being UNDERMINED by the rest of the diaspora so we're delineating from the rest of the diaspora and recognizing foundational black americans/ freedmen/ American descendants of slaves as our own ethnic group

This doesn't shun our Caribbean and African brothers and sisters who are on code, they know what the deal is but we have to close the ranks because we're getting too much animosity from people who look like us. So we have to delineate

We have been our own ethnic group
And we move like it. You clown ass

We been knocking on them British cacs door for what they owe. There's no way I'd want something owed to African Americans. I do want them to get what's owed. Be clear cacs over here owe us too for that cia shit among other things but that's another matter

Exactly. The US owes reparations to the African Americans and they need to pay up. I support that 100%.

I can't speak for other Caribbean islands (even though they should all push and get theirs) but the UK owes Jamaicans theirs as well.

We been knocking on them British cacs door for what they owe. There's no way I'd want something owed to African Americans. I do want them to get what's owed. Be clear cacs over here owe us too for that cia shit among other things but that's another matter

If we really had receipts them crackers owe everybody

Reactions: GNS

I ain’t got no problem with Jamaicans…

I got a problem with them lying about “hip hop started in Jamaica”.

Does Pete Rock really believe that shit?

Him claiming that hip hop is 70% Jamaican is straight up nonsense.

If you’re gonna have that much influence over something, there should at LEAST be something about it that aligns with your culture.

There’s nothing Jamaican about hip hop culture.

Just like there’s nothing Puerto Rican about hip hop.

If Latinos had so much to do with it’s creation, where is the Latino influence?

I’ll wait.

Some of y’all are all over the place.

I’m just sticking to the theme of this thread, which is:

A very well respected hip hop artist made the false statement that hip hop would not exist if it wasn’t for Puerto Ricans and Jamaicans.

I never claimed to be a hip hop historian and I ain’t from New York.

My family from Mississippi.

I’m speaking only about folks always expecting black people to share everything with everybody and people acting like we can’t accomplish anything on our own, like we always need a helping hand.

Fuck all that other shit y’all talking about.

I think they say shit whether jokingly or not and you go scorched earth on them.
I can only speak for myself but it's US (black people vs everybody)

I ain't got time to harp on what a few naysayers(shout out obeezy) might say
Just build around them.

That’s exactly what it is them niggas be playing then his crazy come screaming coon and tether and not once mentioned doing shit for black people.

I ain’t got no problem with Jamaicans…

I got a problem with them lying about “hip hop started in Jamaica”.

Does Pete Rock really believe that shit?

Him claiming that hip hop is 70% Jamaican is straight up nonsense.

If you’re gonna have that much influence over something, there should at LEAST be something about it that aligns with your culture.

There’s nothing Jamaican about hip hop culture.

Just like there’s nothing Puerto Rican about hip hop.

If Latinos had so much to do with it’s creation, where is the Latino influence?

I’ll wait.

Ain’t Pete Rock black American? And bruh again outside the very few old school people we know like Krs one and Pete Rock(who stay saying shit) Jamaicans and Latinos are not saying they started hip hop. Name one Jamaican you know in real life that said that or a Latino?

You can’t be cause this shit is some pioneers opinion that is not mainstream and has not be proven.

I just want y’all to not look for beef based off one opinion of loud niggas. Caribbean ain’t stealing our culture

Some of y’all are all over the place.

I’m just sticking to the theme of this thread, which is:

A very well respected hip hop artist made the false statement that hip hop would not exist if it wasn’t for Puerto Ricans and Jamaicans.

I never claimed to be a hip hop historian and I ain’t from New York.

My family from Mississippi.

I’m speaking only about folks always expecting black people to share everything with everybody and people acting like we can’t accomplish anything on our own, like we always need a helping hand.

Fuck all that other shit y’all talking about.

Again my nigga my family is from VA and nobody outside like fat Joe think we didn’t create hip hop. Even if you google it it says African American. We gotta realize people ain’t taking from us nor can they take credit unless we let them.

NoooOooooO

This isn't a one-off thing. It's PATTERN

They aint joking nothing. Ever since Trump 2016 the black conscious community has figured out a lot of the undermining and animosity is coming from the black immigrant class.

And yes we have to have a separatist mindset against our haters so to speak. We're looking out for ourselves for the first time in history unapologetically. That includes delineating from niggas in England "praying" for negativity

But y'all are against people who are not close to being immigrants. Marcus Garvey moved to the US in 1916. If he had kids in the US and from there all his descendants remained in the US, y'all would still exclude them as non-FBA (since their ancestors weren't enslaved in the US), even though it's been a few generations.

This movement strikes me as xenophobic.

I'll take the words of those pioneers that were there in the early 70's. Charlie Chase said it himself that Latinos didnt help create Hip Hop, and others like Sha Rock, Busy B and Coke La Rock said theres to ties to Jamaican toasting. Shyt the Jamaicans say that got their shyt from Black Americans R&B

But y'all are against people who are not close to being immigrants. Marcus Garvey moved to the US in 1916. If he had kids in the US and from there all his descendants remained in the US, y'all would still exclude them as non-FBA (since their ancestors weren't enslaved in the US), even though it's been a few generations.

It's funny how you had no answer for my previous post and just put up some lame LeBron gif cuz you were speechless. There was no rebuttal you could make so you fished for reactions. Now when you have something to say again, you come back sounding like a white liberal

That xenophobia deflection ain't gonna work because the entire premises is us reacting to THEIR xenophobia, stupid

Example. @Blue_London posts a meme of a white man saying he was praying for this to happen. Meaning he was praying for black Americans to have our culture stolen from us. That's the real xenophobia yall conveniently ignore. He literally brought anti black American smoke into this thread but it was okay because it's normalized

Bruh…

I’m cool with whoever is cool with me.

I’ve always been that way and that will never change.

I don’t care what country you’re from.

I can’t speak for the homie, but I think the point that @Disanthrope is trying to get across is that we have people who flee their homelands (that are usually in shambles), come over here and have the AUDACITY to insult and criticize black Americans.

They couldn’t even succeed in their own countries, yet they wanna come here and dish out advice and criticism to us???

The nerve.

Imagine me running away from this country because of me not being able to handle the conditions, moving to Nigeria and talking shit about the people there and giving them advice on how to fix their living conditions.

Seriously, imagine that.

Again… I can’t speak for anybody else, but me, myself, I’m cool with anybody that’s cool with me.

Period.

It's funny how you had no answer for my previous post and just put up some lame LeBron gif cuz you were speechless. There was no rebuttal you could make so you fished for reactions. Now when you have something to say again, you come back sounding like a white liberal

That xenophobia deflection ain't gonna work because the entire premises is us reacting to THEIR xenophobia, stupid

Example. @Blue_London posts a meme of a white man saying he was praying for this to happen. Meaning he was praying for black Americans to have our culture stolen from us. That's the real xenophobia yall conveniently ignore. He literally brought anti black American smoke into this thread but it was okay because it's normalized
The creators of hip-hop have just kicked off against Mexico support the culture.

I asked you a question, you answered, I did not agree and just kept it moving. I didn't want to derail the thread.

Why do y'all have a problem with black Americans (of immigrant background) who have been there for generations and to all appearances are African Americans? For whom there is not question of them being anti-BAs?

Bruh…

I’m cool with whoever is cool with me.

I’ve always been that way and that will never change.

I don’t care what country you’re from.

I can’t speak for the homie, but I think the point that @Disanthrope is trying to get across is that we have people who flee their homelands (that are usually in shambles), come over here and have the AUDACITY to insult and criticize black Americans.

They couldn’t even succeed in their own countries, yet they wanna come here and dish out advice and criticism to us???

The nerve.

Imagine me running away from this country because of me not being able to handle the conditions, moving to Nigeria and talking shit about the people there and giving them advice on how to fix their living conditions.

Seriously, imagine that.

Again… I can’t speak for anybody else, but me, myself, I’m cool with anybody that’s cool with me.

Period.

I would distinguish between them offering advice and them (some of them) insulting Black Americans. And I have no doubt that some do insult Black Americans. I have a big problem with that.

But this FBA movement will reject blacks who have been in America for generations, and to me that looks like xenophobia.

Back