Welcome To aBlackWeb

H&M Black Kid In "Coolest Monkey" Ad

Is this racist?

• Nah, it's....

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I have to disagree with you on continuing to purchase from H&M solely on the fact that they are cheap. There are other cheap companies out there to purchase clothing from. You have made a great point that MOST of these companies are racist, so we can't avoid them. But if I know and see the overt, continuous, and blatant disrespect towards my people I will make the conscious decision NOT to spend my dollars with that company. . I too am not outraged at these companies for their racist banter because this is what they do.

ehhhh I find boycotting to be wild obnoxious at this point

I meannnn realistically, I can’t afford to boycott H&M! I need suits for work and I can get a whole suit for $89, wear the blazer as a dress if I want to go out and wear the pants separately! That’s three whole outfits.

I dont fit in none of that shit anyway.

I find myself less and less outraged at companies such as H&M. At this point I feel like these “marketing campaigns/strategies” are intentional. WE all know the racial implications of the word monkey in relation to Black americans and for H&M to act “aloof” and “unaware” is total BS.

Im not going to boycott cheap ass H&M because well.....their CHEAP!! and when I need to grab something quick their my go-to but I’ll be happy when these corporations stop throwing Black folxs under the bus to drive revenue

because sadly, even our outrage is profitable.

source.gif

I find myself less and less outraged at companies such as H&M. At this point I feel like these “marketing campaigns/strategies” are intentional. WE all know the racial implications of the word monkey in relation to Black americans and for H&M to act “aloof” and “unaware” is total BS.

Im not going to boycott cheap ass H&M because well.....their CHEAP!! and when I need to grab something quick their my go-to but I’ll be happy when these corporations stop throwing Black folxs under the bus to drive revenue

because sadly, even our outrage is profitable.
They're

To the Hall

i've shopped with H&M before

they seem to have clothes that fit my frame better w/o me having to use a tailor

But, yea, they out of pocket for this. Is Zara owned by the same folks? I'll start looking for their clothes

I don’t think our people realize that this country is being transformed back to the 1950s USA. It’s happening right before our very eyes and has been happening since Trump began seriously running for office.

Elections matter.
I wonder why @rip.dilla dislikes this post

:cont:

Just spoke on this shit yesterday in one of my mom groups. I'm bothered by the parents even allowing their child to wear that shit.

Put a little Timmy in that damn hoodie.

Wypipo love calling our children monkey's because I had one call Aubrey a cute little monkey when we went back down south and I almost slapped his ass.
wypipo?

LMAO!!!!!!!

yoooo this shit is stolen

Ill boycott H&M when yall niggas boycott the NFL, The NBA and all these other racist corporations. until then fuck all the way outta here

Niggas asking people to boycott H&M but have a problem with the Black LGBTQIA, Have a problem with gay Black men and women but want us to unite over a dumb ass monkey sweatshirt. get yall sometimey righteous asses outta here

Im over the theatrics

Niggas asking people to boycott H&M but have a problem with the Black LGBTQIA, Have a problem with gay Black men and women but want us to unite over a dumb ass monkey sweatshirt. get yall sometimey righteous asses outta here

Im over the theatrics
Breathe babe, its gonna be OK, we all gonna get it together one day

Last edited:
Well I mean...

Look at the shit.... Look like Niggaz winning

Im over the theatrics
Lol what are u talking bout fam....

Back