Welcome To aBlackWeb

Guns in America

First respect for reading the article and citing areas you took issue you with.

In response (https://www.google.com/amp/s/abcnews.go.com/amp/US/understanding-1994-assault-weapons-ban-ended/story?id=65546858):

Your first point is pretty pedantic so moving towards your second with the above quotes. The bill specifically prohibited the possession of semiautomatic assault weapons. And the years during the bills existence did coincide with a drop in gun crimes using such weapons.

In actuality the issue with the bill very well may have been that it didn't go far enough. It did not work retroactively and such weapons that were obtained prior to the bills passing were not affected. And ultimately it was found to not do enough to rein in other non-banned weapons that could be modified to hold large capacity magazines.

But as a blueprint for doing *something* there are worse places to start. Alterations would surely need to be made to meet whatever issues have risen in prominence since the sunsetting of the original bill. But that's what congress is for; to craft legislation according to the issues of the day, and gun violence in America certainly qualifies.

Last time we had such a discussion, you made some pretty salient suggestions on things that could be implemented to help in this issue. That's why it's so frustrating that you consistently take the position that you do in these debates. You clearly and obviously recognize the issue, but you get so deep in the weeds that you spend exponentially more time defending increasingly myopic points than actually offering any actual solutions.

Like this country has a gun violence problem; debating on classes of firearms is pretty far from the actual point and I'm pretty sure you know that.
whoa? pedantic? wow! LOL!

but really, i too try to grapple with this gun dilemma. the greatest mess is thinking everybody should have a gun on their person. if trained officers get nervous, imagine 90% of the citizenry walking around strapped. imagine the bystander body count. imagine the stray bullet body count. but all in all what can be done in the event of rogue government? it's a hard one. i offer no solution to this necessity. and it's absolutely necessity. cant put the toothpaste back in the bottle, but i wonder the stats on automobile accidents? or tolerated death levels from medicine. a million ways to die, choose one.
this is one of those we have to surrender to...there is nothing that can be done to change it. maybe get that neuralyser and wipe all memory of the invention.

For protection: Ain't nobody defending their homes, loved ones, or themselves with a knife, sword, or nunchaku outchea.
For hunting: Believe it or not, there are some people that still hunt for food. Yes we can get a lot of shit from the supermarket, but some people actually like to eat wild game in the same way some folks prefer to go fishing or to raise chickens to eat them.

Do I need to go further?
No those all are good reason to have guns

Why do we need this one

1681931215751.jpeg

Are you aware that this $399 is for a gun range in Vegas that allows people to shoot a full auto gun??? You pick 6 guns and you get to shoot them. You can never OWN them like that, but you can shoot them at a range under supervision.

There's an edit button so you don't look like a complete fool.
Are you telling me that we can’t own any of those guns in America?

Lol…I love how you keep going out of your way to miss the point because you know how stupid it sounds to say we need those on the streets

No those all are good reason to have guns

Why do we need this one

View attachment 1065447

Because this ^^^ and this:

ruger-mini-14-ranch-stainlesswood-semi-automatic-rifle-556mm-nato-1116519-1.jpg

and this:

kel-tec-su-16ca-carbine-556mm-nato-16in-black-semi-automatic-modern-sporting-rifle-101-rounds-1616333-1.jpg

Are all functionally identical.

The LOOK of the AR15 scares you, but the look of the other two don't. The other two fire the exact same rounds and use the same magazines, they just look like traditional rifles. They all take the exact same amount of skill to use as well. And since the AR15 is NOT an M4/M4A1 or M16 (aka an Assault Rifle) it's fits in with any other hunting rifle available on the market. The .223/5.56 round is adequate for dispatching small game, and a heavy enough load could theoretically kill a deer in a single shot (placement is key there) but that's about it's limit.

Are you telling me that we can’t own any of those guns in America?

No, you can't!

Bruh!!! That's an automatic 10 year sentence, fed time! You will serve every single day of that sentence too!

Even owning the parts to convert any semi-automatic weapon to full auto, whether a rifle, handgun, or shotgun, is considered possessing a machine gun and you will be hit with the same 10 year stretch.

Are you trolling???

No, you can't!

Bruh!!! That's an automatic 10 year sentence, fed time! You will serve every single day of that sentence too!

Even owning the parts to convert any semi-automatic weapon to full auto, whether a rifle, handgun, or shotgun, is considered possessing a machine gun and you will be hit with the same 10 year stretch.

Are you trolling???
1681933585868.gif

No, you can't!

Are you trolling???
We got trolled lol

Back