Welcome To aBlackWeb

Guns in America

How bout yall just say Assault weapons or AR-15s so the conversation can move forward from whatever it is yall are doing right now
Nah, cause they already know that, all they want is for me to say that, then they’re gonna get even more into specifics. And it’s just a way to exasperate opposition into not talking about it anymore. It’s a stupid debate tactic about it that people mimic.

How bout yall just say Assault weapons or AR-15s so the conversation can move forward from whatever it is yall are doing right now

Because, as I've illustrated on several occasions, there are no assault rifles on the market today because there are no fully automatic weapons being manufactured to be sold to civilians. The hallmark of an "assault rifle" is that it's fully automatic or has select-able fire where one mode of fire is fully automatic.

Without that, whatever rifle you're going to point at isn't an assault rifle, full stop.

The AR15 that you can buy at a gun shop or sporting goods store and the M4/M4A1 assault rifle that the military uses are not the same even if they look the same and fire the same round.

Nah, cause they already know that, all they want is for me to say that, then they’re gonna get even more into specifics. And it’s just a way to exasperate opposition into not talking about it anymore. It’s a stupid debate tactic about it that people mimic.

How about you don't like being told the truth because you can no longer cling to the lies that give you comfort and a sense of superiority?

'Cause that's the only reason I can see why someone wouldn't accept that they're plain wrong, adjust their thinking, and try to move on with a discussion from that point.

Because, as I've illustrated on several occasions, there are no assault rifles on the market today because there are no fully automatic weapons being manufactured to be sold to civilians. The hallmark of an "assault rifle" is that it's fully automatic or has select-able fire where one mode of fire is fully automatic.

Without that, whatever rifle you're going to point at isn't an assault rifle, full stop.

The AR15 that you can buy at a gun shop or sporting goods store and the M4/M4A1 assault rifle that the military uses are not the same even if they look the same and fire the same round.

Ok. Do you not see a problem with the rise in the use of AR-15s or that style of weapon?

You've already stated in other threads overall handguns account for more shootings but surely you can admit that in many of the recent mass shootings AR-15s seem to be the weapon of choice in these attacks?

How about you don't like being told the truth because you can no longer cling to the lies that give you comfort and a sense of superiority?

'Cause that's the only reason I can see why someone wouldn't accept that they're plain wrong, adjust their thinking, and try to move on with a discussion from that point.
What lie did I tell exactly?

I said these guns shouldn’t be on the street
Most peoples experience with them are shooting stationary targets
People with live action experience who go postal and do have them don’t shoot up schools, they attacked law enforcement

All of those are absolute facts, I didn’t tell any lies.

People with live action experience who go postal and do have them don’t shoot up schools, they attacked law enforcement

The media overhypes this. What's your goal in removing the type of guns you're talking about from the streets?

1681834977901.jpeg

900 dollars, and gun license

I’ve been involuntarily committed to a psych hospital twice and a crisis unit once

I should not have access to this shit, but I can go there and get that shit today

By the way, the first time I went to a psych ward was I told the doc I had fantasy’s of committing a mass shooting

What guns? Unless you're talking about all guns then be more specific than saying semi automatic or ar15. Be specific ffs. Be honest and say you just can't
There are a lot of hunters so I'd disagree with the stationary targets. There are also ranges that have moving targets
People with live action experience? You mean soldiers? When is the last time a soldier went on a killing spree? Attacked law enforcement?

Serious question: Are you high or day drinking?

What guns? Unless you're talking about all guns then be more specific than saying semi automatic or ar15. Be specific ffs. Be honest and say you just can't
There are a lot of hunters so I'd disagree with the stationary targets. There are also ranges that have moving targets
People with live action experience? You mean soldiers? When is the last time a soldier went on a killing spree? Attacked law enforcement?

Serious question: Are you high or day drinking?
Bro…do know how many mass shooting have happened this week? My kid has nightmares of getting gunned down at school. I’m not sure what’s wrong wit y’all, do y’all know who exists out in this world?

Ok. Do you not see a problem with the rise in the use of AR-15s or that style of weapon?

You've already stated in other threads overall handguns account for more shootings but surely you can admit that in many of the recent mass shootings AR-15s seem to be the weapon of choice in these attacks?

Yes, it's a problem because if creates a stigma around one specific type of gun and that's what ill-informed people latch on to while completely ignoring everything else. So it's "Ban the AR15" but then a year later they won't understand how it didn't stop mass shootings from happening or how many people died in them.

You gotta remember, the deadliest school shooting was committed with a pair of handguns: 32 people dead and 17 wounded.

With handguns.

VA Tech is still #3 on the list of deadliest mass shootings of all time. Outside of the Las Vegas shooting and the Orlando club incident, not one AR15 fueled rampage has more people dead than that (the Orlando incident didn't use an AR15, a Sig MCX was used, similar but definitely not the same).

I've also stated that the reason they've been gravitating towards the AR is because of the media hype surrounding them. They're in movies, tv shows, vidya games, you name it. It's glorified to a ridiculous point, made to be the "end all be all" of the rifle world when in reality it's pretty low on the totem pole. The idea of the AR15 is what took it to that place culturally as this "boogeyman" of guns. In the 90's the boogeyman gun was the AK47. In the 80's it was the Uzi, Mac10, and Tec9.

Back